1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.!

That's got to have been the King Tom of the area! That's hilarious! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

Of my god, that's the first time I hear about this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. Carly

How do you get rid of fleas in garden?!!

We had the same problem with emergency housing & cat fleas, the place had been empty for a while & then suddenly it was jumping. We didn't use any pesticides, just kept hoovering & it was over...
    We had the same problem with emergency housing & cat fleas, the place had been empty for a while & then suddenly it was jumping. We didn't use any pesticides, just kept hoovering & it was over in a week or so, they couldn't feed off us (although they tried) and just starved to death.
    We had the same problem with emergency housing & cat fleas, the place had been empty for a while & then suddenly it was jumping. We didn't use any pesticides, just kept hoovering & it was over in a week or so, they couldn't feed off us...
    We had the same problem with emergency housing & cat fleas, the place had been empty for a while & then suddenly it was jumping. We didn't use any pesticides, just kept hoovering & it was over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. elainefiz

Conifer itch?

im a gardener ,theres a bloke at work who cant prune conifers as he comes up in a rash ,i think this is quite common!
    im a gardener ,theres a bloke at work who cant prune conifers as he comes up in a rash ,i think this is quite common!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. charlesa

Help please ! Dying privet hedge

Cut down the plum and get the roots ground out - a bit expensive. Get rid of what you can and dont be tempted to either keeping it for the insects/birds or using it as mulch.Make sure you keep...
    Cut down the plum and get the roots ground out - a bit expensive. Get rid of what you can and dont be tempted to either keeping it for the insects/birds or using it as mulch.Make sure you keep all your other plants healthy and well fed and always clear away and dispose of tree and shrub...
    Cut down the plum and get the roots ground out - a bit expensive. Get rid of what you can and dont be tempted to either keeping it for the insects/birds or using it as mulch.Make sure you keep all your other plants healthy and well fed and...
    Cut down the plum and get the roots ground out - a bit expensive. Get rid of what you can and dont be tempted to either keeping it for the insects/birds or using it as mulch.Make sure you keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sandpiper

Dying Photinia Red Robin?

I'm fearing the worst now as no signs of new shoots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fidgetsmum

Is my Salix dying?

Daitheplant - thanks for the advice. This tree is a replacement for one that didn't thrive, although that was rootballed. I paid a bit extra on top for a pot grown specimen thinking that it...
    Daitheplant - thanks for the advice. This tree is a replacement for one that didn't thrive, although that was rootballed. I paid a bit extra on top for a pot grown specimen thinking that it would fare better. It can't be anything to do with the soil as it was planted in a good layer of tree...
    Daitheplant - thanks for the advice. This tree is a replacement for one that didn't thrive, although that was rootballed. I paid a bit extra on top for a pot grown specimen thinking that it would fare better. It can't be anything to do with...
    Daitheplant - thanks for the advice. This tree is a replacement for one that didn't thrive, although that was rootballed. I paid a bit extra on top for a pot grown specimen thinking that it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. dan_uk_1984

Sick, Droopy Lupin

Hi Hoka and welcome to the forum.The pest you are reffering to on your lupins is called a Lupin Aphid.Horrid little blighters and I have found the best way to get rid of them is to spray them with...
    Hi Hoka and welcome to the forum.The pest you are reffering to on your lupins is called a Lupin Aphid.Horrid little blighters and I have found the best way to get rid of them is to spray them with Pravado Ultimate Bug Killer which you can get in an Areosol spray can. It is a systemic bug...
    Hi Hoka and welcome to the forum.The pest you are reffering to on your lupins is called a Lupin Aphid.Horrid little blighters and I have found the best way to get rid of them is to spray them with Pravado Ultimate Bug Killer which you can get in...
    Hi Hoka and welcome to the forum.The pest you are reffering to on your lupins is called a Lupin Aphid.Horrid little blighters and I have found the best way to get rid of them is to spray them with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Frizzy1
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. kels

How to get rid of foxes from the garden.

Hope you find a solution kels, we have a pair that visit our garden regularly, mainly to drink from the pond, know last year they had cubs too, heard them calling in the night, freeeeaky sound,...
    Hope you find a solution kels, we have a pair that visit our garden regularly, mainly to drink from the pond, know last year they had cubs too, heard them calling in the night, freeeeaky sound, must say I don't mind them they don't do any damage, but we do have a big rabbit problem and they help...
    Hope you find a solution kels, we have a pair that visit our garden regularly, mainly to drink from the pond, know last year they had cubs too, heard them calling in the night, freeeeaky sound, must say I don't mind them they don't do any damage,...
    Hope you find a solution kels, we have a pair that visit our garden regularly, mainly to drink from the pond, know last year they had cubs too, heard them calling in the night, freeeeaky sound,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Shelby

Problem with English Ivy Crisping

Hi Shelby, With indoor grown Ivy there is very little else that can damage them. They are very prone to over watering-even if the leaves look like they are dried to a frazzle they could still...
    Hi Shelby, With indoor grown Ivy there is very little else that can damage them. They are very prone to over watering-even if the leaves look like they are dried to a frazzle they could still be getting over watered, you should only ever water them if the soil feels dry-not a bit moist but...
    Hi Shelby, With indoor grown Ivy there is very little else that can damage them. They are very prone to over watering-even if the leaves look like they are dried to a frazzle they could still be getting over watered, you should only ever water...
    Hi Shelby, With indoor grown Ivy there is very little else that can damage them. They are very prone to over watering-even if the leaves look like they are dried to a frazzle they could still...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. GC

Yellowing fatsia japonica ? why

Thanks for setting my mind at rest Jazid!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Brind

Do the little blue Slug pellets harm birds and frogs?

I go "Slug Lamping", armed with a large pair of scissors and a powerful led torch, I go out about 10pm and look for the slugs. When I find them I cut them approximately in half. the birds are...
    I go "Slug Lamping", armed with a large pair of scissors and a powerful led torch, I go out about 10pm and look for the slugs. When I find them I cut them approximately in half. the birds are welcome to the remains (at least they don't have to chase them).
    I go "Slug Lamping", armed with a large pair of scissors and a powerful led torch, I go out about 10pm and look for the slugs. When I find them I cut them approximately in half. the birds are welcome to the remains (at least they don't have to...
    I go "Slug Lamping", armed with a large pair of scissors and a powerful led torch, I go out about 10pm and look for the slugs. When I find them I cut them approximately in half. the birds are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. catinwaiting

Acer leaves browning and curling

What?? You are having a hot spell?? You lucky thing We are simply having rain, rain, and rain Some of my own acers are drying up on the leaf edges We haven't been having a normal summer here,...
    What?? You are having a hot spell?? You lucky thing We are simply having rain, rain, and rain Some of my own acers are drying up on the leaf edges We haven't been having a normal summer here, so one has to expect some signs of stress in these plants
    What?? You are having a hot spell?? You lucky thing We are simply having rain, rain, and rain Some of my own acers are drying up on the leaf edges We haven't been having a normal summer here, so one has to expect some signs of stress in these...
    What?? You are having a hot spell?? You lucky thing We are simply having rain, rain, and rain Some of my own acers are drying up on the leaf edges We haven't been having a normal summer here,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rustyp

Grey squirrel and common rat

I highly doubt this as squirrels are "diurnal" (animals of the day) and most common breeds of rats are "nocturnal". This is genetically built into them. Does this mean that the Squirats are...
    I highly doubt this as squirrels are "diurnal" (animals of the day) and most common breeds of rats are "nocturnal". This is genetically built into them. Does this mean that the Squirats are insomniacs?
    I highly doubt this as squirrels are "diurnal" (animals of the day) and most common breeds of rats are "nocturnal". This is genetically built into them. Does this mean that the Squirats are insomniacs?
    I highly doubt this as squirrels are "diurnal" (animals of the day) and most common breeds of rats are "nocturnal". This is genetically built into them. Does this mean that the Squirats are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Mia

Tiny White Jumping Bugs

Ahhh... Sprintails eh? - Many thanks guys, I feel much better knowing that they aren't going to eat me or my plants : ) yes, I probably am a horticultural hypocondriact.I doubt I'll kill they...
    Ahhh... Sprintails eh? - Many thanks guys, I feel much better knowing that they aren't going to eat me or my plants : ) yes, I probably am a horticultural hypocondriact.I doubt I'll kill they little things, as they don't sound like they do any harm to anything. But I may stick to sterilised...
    Ahhh... Sprintails eh? - Many thanks guys, I feel much better knowing that they aren't going to eat me or my plants : ) yes, I probably am a horticultural hypocondriact.I doubt I'll kill they little things, as they don't sound like they do any...
    Ahhh... Sprintails eh? - Many thanks guys, I feel much better knowing that they aren't going to eat me or my plants : ) yes, I probably am a horticultural hypocondriact.I doubt I'll kill they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Jackcat

Marigolds as a Snail/Slug deterrent!

I have French marigolds in pots, about 8 of them, just dotted around the greenhouse. They make the greenhouse look pretty and their pungent smell ( I dont dislike it ) helps deter aphids from the...
    I have French marigolds in pots, about 8 of them, just dotted around the greenhouse. They make the greenhouse look pretty and their pungent smell ( I dont dislike it ) helps deter aphids from the tomatoes they are guarding :skp:
    I have French marigolds in pots, about 8 of them, just dotted around the greenhouse. They make the greenhouse look pretty and their pungent smell ( I dont dislike it ) helps deter aphids from the tomatoes they are guarding :skp:
    I have French marigolds in pots, about 8 of them, just dotted around the greenhouse. They make the greenhouse look pretty and their pungent smell ( I dont dislike it ) helps deter aphids from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Lolimac

Yellowing Buxus....

You could perhaps put some plastic around the plant / container so that the rain runs off,rather than into, the container? That would prevent it getting any more wet in the winter. Or move them...
    You could perhaps put some plastic around the plant / container so that the rain runs off,rather than into, the container? That would prevent it getting any more wet in the winter. Or move them into garage / under carport / overhang (they'd need light periodically if in garage though, so that's...
    You could perhaps put some plastic around the plant / container so that the rain runs off,rather than into, the container? That would prevent it getting any more wet in the winter. Or move them into garage / under carport / overhang (they'd need...
    You could perhaps put some plastic around the plant / container so that the rain runs off,rather than into, the container? That would prevent it getting any more wet in the winter. Or move them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Little Miss Road Rage

Why is my honeysuckle dying?

glad its not just mine then
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Fimrie

Cherry laurel leaves turning brown

Thanks for this. They seem to be doing better now, with new growth, and it doesn't seem to be spreading as I had first feared. So, I think it probably was mainly due to underwatering, and maybe...
    Thanks for this. They seem to be doing better now, with new growth, and it doesn't seem to be spreading as I had first feared. So, I think it probably was mainly due to underwatering, and maybe a bit of leaf spot too.
    Thanks for this. They seem to be doing better now, with new growth, and it doesn't seem to be spreading as I had first feared. So, I think it probably was mainly due to underwatering, and maybe a bit of leaf spot too.
    Thanks for this. They seem to be doing better now, with new growth, and it doesn't seem to be spreading as I had first feared. So, I think it probably was mainly due to underwatering, and maybe...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Royster

Aspidistra leaf browning

Hornbeam, I am starting to get confused, my friend. Never mind, I get confused when I read simple poetry so it doesn't take much. I do like the "legend" that slugs pollinate Aspidistras so I'll...
    Hornbeam, I am starting to get confused, my friend. Never mind, I get confused when I read simple poetry so it doesn't take much. I do like the "legend" that slugs pollinate Aspidistras so I'll spread that word - folks will be well impressed!Cheers! Roy
    Hornbeam, I am starting to get confused, my friend. Never mind, I get confused when I read simple poetry so it doesn't take much. I do like the "legend" that slugs pollinate Aspidistras so I'll spread that word - folks will be well...
    Hornbeam, I am starting to get confused, my friend. Never mind, I get confused when I read simple poetry so it doesn't take much. I do like the "legend" that slugs pollinate Aspidistras so I'll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. smiffy7

Pests on a Japanese Maple

Not if you keep using Provado, Strongy!!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice