1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Poly-Tunnel Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Eden1

Polly Tunnel Jobs For This Month

I did all my planting and tidying in May, used some new peat free stuff. All I have is 6 beds of weeds no veg came up what a disaster I’ve had to redo everything but not in the tunnel. I changed...
    I did all my planting and tidying in May, used some new peat free stuff. All I have is 6 beds of weeds no veg came up what a disaster I’ve had to redo everything but not in the tunnel. I changed to a different compost with good results, so, I’ll not be biting any of that stuff again, wasn’t...
    I did all my planting and tidying in May, used some new peat free stuff. All I have is 6 beds of weeds no veg came up what a disaster I’ve had to redo everything but not in the tunnel. I changed to a different compost with good results, so, I’ll...
    I did all my planting and tidying in May, used some new peat free stuff. All I have is 6 beds of weeds no veg came up what a disaster I’ve had to redo everything but not in the tunnel. I changed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Steve R
    Like x 5

Steve's Polytunnels

Over the next couple of weeks I'll get this topic right up to date again finishing off the 2018 season and adding the whole of the 2019 season.Steve...:)
    Over the next couple of weeks I'll get this topic right up to date again finishing off the 2018 season and adding the whole of the 2019 season.Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Like x 10

MARLEY’S TUNNEL 2019

@Steve R I ever thought I would say this, but..... Not a Welcome bee in my tunnel..! :yikes:
    @Steve R I ever thought I would say this, but..... Not a Welcome bee in my tunnel..! :yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Webmaster

My Polytunnel(s)

Nicely done Nathan..Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Webmaster

Anyone built their own Polytunnel from scratch?

When we moved here 7 years ago I insisted we bought a polytunnel and found one online - only 4 x 8 metres so smaller than yours but it has scaffold type supports and a door at each end. We also...
    When we moved here 7 years ago I insisted we bought a polytunnel and found one online - only 4 x 8 metres so smaller than yours but it has scaffold type supports and a door at each end. We also bought the green netting cover which goes on from mid May to September for shade. That works well...
    When we moved here 7 years ago I insisted we bought a polytunnel and found one online - only 4 x 8 metres so smaller than yours but it has scaffold type supports and a door at each end. We also bought the green netting cover which goes on from...
    When we moved here 7 years ago I insisted we bought a polytunnel and found one online - only 4 x 8 metres so smaller than yours but it has scaffold type supports and a door at each end. We also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kgbow

Help with this tricky one

ps. If you get caught out it is possible to get retrospective PP.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Chris O

Problem with Cat (I Think) Tearing Huge Holes in Polytunnel!

If it's new I just wonder if it's across the path that a fox has been using for a long time.
    If it's new I just wonder if it's across the path that a fox has been using for a long time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Oldman2

Making the best of a cheap Amazon tunnel and gaffa question

Of course it did ;) Thanks for asking. Unlike my neighbours 2yr old similar tunnel, they didnt use heat tape on the metal tubes and first summer saw the cover damaged in many places where the cover...
    Of course it did ;) Thanks for asking. Unlike my neighbours 2yr old similar tunnel, they didnt use heat tape on the metal tubes and first summer saw the cover damaged in many places where the cover met metal, it needed lots of clear repair tape patches. This winter they had to replace the whole...
    Of course it did ;) Thanks for asking. Unlike my neighbours 2yr old similar tunnel, they didnt use heat tape on the metal tubes and first summer saw the cover damaged in many places where the cover met metal, it needed lots of clear repair tape...
    Of course it did ;) Thanks for asking. Unlike my neighbours 2yr old similar tunnel, they didnt use heat tape on the metal tubes and first summer saw the cover damaged in many places where the cover...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Andy frost83

Custom polly tunnel

Just build a bigger conservatory, but have a no clutter rule
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. gardenliberated

Best Way to Secure My Polytunnel?

They have only got one in stock and it's in Stoke. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Soundof trains

Fruit growing in a polytunnel

Hello.I have just put up a polytunnel (10x20ft) which will mainly be used for seedlings, peppers, tomatoes etc. But I'd like to have a couple of permanent residents as well.I was thinking of...
    Hello.I have just put up a polytunnel (10x20ft) which will mainly be used for seedlings, peppers, tomatoes etc. But I'd like to have a couple of permanent residents as well.I was thinking of growing a vine (there are roof bars) but I'm not sure I want lots of eating grapes (and I don't want...
    Hello.I have just put up a polytunnel (10x20ft) which will mainly be used for seedlings, peppers, tomatoes etc. But I'd like to have a couple of permanent residents as well.I was thinking of growing a vine (there are roof bars) but I'm not...
    Hello.I have just put up a polytunnel (10x20ft) which will mainly be used for seedlings, peppers, tomatoes etc. But I'd like to have a couple of permanent residents as well.I was thinking of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Clare B

New allotment - polytunnel advice needed

Had a really good sized cloche with a clear cover. Good size that I was able to screw down onto one of my raised beds! Then I left a 'door' slightly open and Arwel blew it to bits during its...
    Had a really good sized cloche with a clear cover. Good size that I was able to screw down onto one of my raised beds! Then I left a 'door' slightly open and Arwel blew it to bits during its second Winter! No problem, I thought! However the firm eventually, i was able to get them to admit, they...
    Had a really good sized cloche with a clear cover. Good size that I was able to screw down onto one of my raised beds! Then I left a 'door' slightly open and Arwel blew it to bits during its second Winter! No problem, I thought! However the firm...
    Had a really good sized cloche with a clear cover. Good size that I was able to screw down onto one of my raised beds! Then I left a 'door' slightly open and Arwel blew it to bits during its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Frazzled

Clearing blight from a polytunnel?

Dammit! I knew it was too early to start letting the beard grow for winter :biggrin:
    Dammit! I knew it was too early to start letting the beard grow for winter :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Frazzled

Please critique this polytunnel strategy

It's all weeds in the top pic. Yes, that's ground elder along the border. I'm thinking about doing exactly what you suggest of spraying around the outside to control it, although I'm not a big fan...
    It's all weeds in the top pic. Yes, that's ground elder along the border. I'm thinking about doing exactly what you suggest of spraying around the outside to control it, although I'm not a big fan of spraying. All the advice I hear about ground elder is that nuking is the only way to really...
    It's all weeds in the top pic. Yes, that's ground elder along the border. I'm thinking about doing exactly what you suggest of spraying around the outside to control it, although I'm not a big fan of spraying. All the advice I hear about ground...
    It's all weeds in the top pic. Yes, that's ground elder along the border. I'm thinking about doing exactly what you suggest of spraying around the outside to control it, although I'm not a big fan...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Peas

Mini polytunnel uses

Thank you :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Purple Streaks

Root Ginger

In the past I grew a mango inadvertently. I got thrown on the compost heap and buried under other kitchen waste and grass cuttings. About a month or two later I noticed it had sprouted when I was...
    In the past I grew a mango inadvertently. I got thrown on the compost heap and buried under other kitchen waste and grass cuttings. About a month or two later I noticed it had sprouted when I was lightly turning the heap. :noidea:
    In the past I grew a mango inadvertently. I got thrown on the compost heap and buried under other kitchen waste and grass cuttings. About a month or two later I noticed it had sprouted when I was lightly turning the heap. :noidea:
    In the past I grew a mango inadvertently. I got thrown on the compost heap and buried under other kitchen waste and grass cuttings. About a month or two later I noticed it had sprouted when I was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. FrancescaH

Low polytunnel, what would you sow?

Hi,Not a polytunnel grower, but as its a low one doubt there are many plants that would benefit from one in summer when you normally want them to get maximum sunshine and fresh air.You do see...
    Hi,Not a polytunnel grower, but as its a low one doubt there are many plants that would benefit from one in summer when you normally want them to get maximum sunshine and fresh air.You do see Strawbs in large polytunnels like the commerical growers but for domestic use would think some...
    Hi,Not a polytunnel grower, but as its a low one doubt there are many plants that would benefit from one in summer when you normally want them to get maximum sunshine and fresh air.You do see Strawbs in large polytunnels like the commerical...
    Hi,Not a polytunnel grower, but as its a low one doubt there are many plants that would benefit from one in summer when you normally want them to get maximum sunshine and fresh air.You do see...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. weedaway

Metal Sheds, What Do You Think

Right, its fixed. Yardmaster sent me a superb video. Many thanks for all your comments.
    Right, its fixed. Yardmaster sent me a superb video. Many thanks for all your comments.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Eden1

Roll on Spring - Advice need on first growing season

I would always start tomato seeds in a heated propagator, not move them into a polytunnel until May, and even then be prepared to cocoon in fleece or even bring back indoors on cold nights.
    I would always start tomato seeds in a heated propagator, not move them into a polytunnel until May, and even then be prepared to cocoon in fleece or even bring back indoors on cold nights.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Eden1

Beginners Tunnel

My three 6 x 10m tunnels are fixed down at the perimeter using 4 L brackets cast int concrete pads each side bolted to tunnel framework, plus 3 timber raking struts either side of central path...
    My three 6 x 10m tunnels are fixed down at the perimeter using 4 L brackets cast int concrete pads each side bolted to tunnel framework, plus 3 timber raking struts either side of central path bolted at tops to tunnel framework and bolted to timber stakes at base driven into ground with...
    My three 6 x 10m tunnels are fixed down at the perimeter using 4 L brackets cast int concrete pads each side bolted to tunnel framework, plus 3 timber raking struts either side of central path bolted at tops to tunnel framework and bolted to...
    My three 6 x 10m tunnels are fixed down at the perimeter using 4 L brackets cast int concrete pads each side bolted to tunnel framework, plus 3 timber raking struts either side of central path...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Eden1

Sticky thread suggestion

Good morning sticky threads are monitored weekly by the team and some are removed but on the rare occasion the odd one is missed ,and the team often receive a pm from members asking for a thread...
    Good morning sticky threads are monitored weekly by the team and some are removed but on the rare occasion the odd one is missed ,and the team often receive a pm from members asking for a thread to be changed to a sticky status and this is discussed by the team and usually the request is granted
    Good morning sticky threads are monitored weekly by the team and some are removed but on the rare occasion the odd one is missed ,and the team often receive a pm from members asking for a thread to be changed to a sticky status and this is...
    Good morning sticky threads are monitored weekly by the team and some are removed but on the rare occasion the odd one is missed ,and the team often receive a pm from members asking for a thread...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Scrungee

My £50 polytunnel from eBay

Scrungee: Did you ever get round to making a hinged door for this?
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. steventravers

Poly Tunnel

Many thanks for the info, saved me wasting money.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Belto

My Poly Tunnel

Thanks for your reply's. Can you indicate how to understand ventilation required? I do not want to seal completely as this will generate problems, but I wish to maintain as much heat and...
    Thanks for your reply's. Can you indicate how to understand ventilation required? I do not want to seal completely as this will generate problems, but I wish to maintain as much heat and favorable growing conditions as possible.
    Thanks for your reply's. Can you indicate how to understand ventilation required? I do not want to seal completely as this will generate problems, but I wish to maintain as much heat and favorable growing conditions as possible.
    Thanks for your reply's. Can you indicate how to understand ventilation required? I do not want to seal completely as this will generate problems, but I wish to maintain as much heat and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice