1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Poly-Tunnel Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Like x 10

MARLEY’S TUNNEL 2019

@Steve R I ever thought I would say this, but..... Not a Welcome bee in my tunnel..! :yikes:
    @Steve R I ever thought I would say this, but..... Not a Welcome bee in my tunnel..! :yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Steve R
    Like x 5

Steve's Polytunnels

Over the next couple of weeks I'll get this topic right up to date again finishing off the 2018 season and adding the whole of the 2019 season.Steve...:)
    Over the next couple of weeks I'll get this topic right up to date again finishing off the 2018 season and adding the whole of the 2019 season.Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Webmaster

My Polytunnel(s)

Nicely done Nathan..Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Eden1

Polly Tunnel Jobs For This Month

I did all my planting and tidying in May, used some new peat free stuff. All I have is 6 beds of weeds no veg came up what a disaster I’ve had to redo everything but not in the tunnel. I changed...
    I did all my planting and tidying in May, used some new peat free stuff. All I have is 6 beds of weeds no veg came up what a disaster I’ve had to redo everything but not in the tunnel. I changed to a different compost with good results, so, I’ll not be biting any of that stuff again, wasn’t...
    I did all my planting and tidying in May, used some new peat free stuff. All I have is 6 beds of weeds no veg came up what a disaster I’ve had to redo everything but not in the tunnel. I changed to a different compost with good results, so, I’ll...
    I did all my planting and tidying in May, used some new peat free stuff. All I have is 6 beds of weeds no veg came up what a disaster I’ve had to redo everything but not in the tunnel. I changed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Scrungee

My £50 polytunnel from eBay

Scrungee: Did you ever get round to making a hinged door for this?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Eden1

Beginners Tunnel

My three 6 x 10m tunnels are fixed down at the perimeter using 4 L brackets cast int concrete pads each side bolted to tunnel framework, plus 3 timber raking struts either side of central path...
    My three 6 x 10m tunnels are fixed down at the perimeter using 4 L brackets cast int concrete pads each side bolted to tunnel framework, plus 3 timber raking struts either side of central path bolted at tops to tunnel framework and bolted to timber stakes at base driven into ground with...
    My three 6 x 10m tunnels are fixed down at the perimeter using 4 L brackets cast int concrete pads each side bolted to tunnel framework, plus 3 timber raking struts either side of central path bolted at tops to tunnel framework and bolted to...
    My three 6 x 10m tunnels are fixed down at the perimeter using 4 L brackets cast int concrete pads each side bolted to tunnel framework, plus 3 timber raking struts either side of central path...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. polytunnel

This week in the Polytunnel.

Thats a loving thought Polytunnel,talking of under plastic, its time to plant up the pak choi.isnt it.
    Thats a loving thought Polytunnel,talking of under plastic, its time to plant up the pak choi.isnt it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jangles

New to this poly tunnel stuff !!

looking good :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kristen

Cover Vegetable Patch with Polytunnel?

OK, must just be Drought Hosepipe Bans where trickle is still permitted (or was last time around ...)
    OK, must just be Drought Hosepipe Bans where trickle is still permitted (or was last time around ...)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Marley Farley

Chopper's Poly Tunnel ..!!

Nice...let them take over..!! ...More to eat! Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Julie D

Feel Good polytunnels?

Prices have dropped by another fiver, now only £114.90 incl P&P
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Blondie

Polytunnel Panic!!

Crowley as Dave says firsttunnels is good its important to get as much ventillation as you can go for the wind up side vents you will need them in summer
    Crowley as Dave says firsttunnels is good its important to get as much ventillation as you can go for the wind up side vents you will need them in summer
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. MournePT

My polytunnel for mostly chillies

How's it going this year ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jimcub

Another eBay poly

Weeding done now the hard bit of removing the cover, my bodies not made for digging anymore
    Weeding done now the hard bit of removing the cover, my bodies not made for digging anymore
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. BigBird

Open plot or poly-tunnel?

Hello ChopperThanks for your safety advice. Leather gloves & goggles at the ready!!...mmm....rather windy today. Sods law that when I have a day off the weather is bad!! Dare not risk it as I...
    Hello ChopperThanks for your safety advice. Leather gloves & goggles at the ready!!...mmm....rather windy today. Sods law that when I have a day off the weather is bad!! Dare not risk it as I or it may take off :heehee:Thank you & thanks for your luck too.....I'm going to need it!!:DBest...
    Hello ChopperThanks for your safety advice. Leather gloves & goggles at the ready!!...mmm....rather windy today. Sods law that when I have a day off the weather is bad!! Dare not risk it as I or it may take off :heehee:Thank you & thanks for...
    Hello ChopperThanks for your safety advice. Leather gloves & goggles at the ready!!...mmm....rather windy today. Sods law that when I have a day off the weather is bad!! Dare not risk it as I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. weedaway

Metal Sheds, What Do You Think

Right, its fixed. Yardmaster sent me a superb video. Many thanks for all your comments.
    Right, its fixed. Yardmaster sent me a superb video. Many thanks for all your comments.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Quackerjack

Solar Powered Fan to aid ventilation?

Dick always seemed to work backwards, he`d build whatever it was then try to figure why it didnt work, physics and thermodynamics arent his thing ;) It would be great if a cubic metre of...
    Dick always seemed to work backwards, he`d build whatever it was then try to figure why it didnt work, physics and thermodynamics arent his thing ;) It would be great if a cubic metre of gravel/broken glass and a pc fan could heat and cool a greenhouse but tbh a hot cuppa tea (heating) and an...
    Dick always seemed to work backwards, he`d build whatever it was then try to figure why it didnt work, physics and thermodynamics arent his thing ;) It would be great if a cubic metre of gravel/broken glass and a pc fan could heat and cool a...
    Dick always seemed to work backwards, he`d build whatever it was then try to figure why it didnt work, physics and thermodynamics arent his thing ;) It would be great if a cubic metre of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. MournePT

Hydroponics in a polytunnel

A grow tent isnt essential, outdoor/greenhouse hydro is more productive and the light is free.
    A grow tent isnt essential, outdoor/greenhouse hydro is more productive and the light is free.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Fat Controller

Cannibalisation of old polytunnel

Given some of the things that I have seen being sold on ebay (and actually attracting bids), I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't offer something. I'll wait and see once I get the new...
    Given some of the things that I have seen being sold on ebay (and actually attracting bids), I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't offer something. I'll wait and see once I get the new greenhouse up, and if there is nothing sensible looking possible then I'll either freecycle it or similar...
    Given some of the things that I have seen being sold on ebay (and actually attracting bids), I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't offer something. I'll wait and see once I get the new greenhouse up, and if there is nothing sensible looking...
    Given some of the things that I have seen being sold on ebay (and actually attracting bids), I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't offer something. I'll wait and see once I get the new...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Steve R

New Polytunnel

I've a load of ex-garden gazebo poles (large diameter verticals from the 'better' quality ones) that I thought about using for additional bracing, flattening/drilling the ends and fixing with...
    I've a load of ex-garden gazebo poles (large diameter verticals from the 'better' quality ones) that I thought about using for additional bracing, flattening/drilling the ends and fixing with something made from the thinnest metal straps sold at Wickes, also fitting something (tube, hardwood...
    I've a load of ex-garden gazebo poles (large diameter verticals from the 'better' quality ones) that I thought about using for additional bracing, flattening/drilling the ends and fixing with something made from the thinnest metal straps sold at...
    I've a load of ex-garden gazebo poles (large diameter verticals from the 'better' quality ones) that I thought about using for additional bracing, flattening/drilling the ends and fixing with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Frazzled

Clearing blight from a polytunnel?

Dammit! I knew it was too early to start letting the beard grow for winter :biggrin:
    Dammit! I knew it was too early to start letting the beard grow for winter :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Julie D
    Like x 12

Julie's polytunnel

Steve, if I cut strips of tape I could probably do it but I might just change the cover, will have a think about it. Mine doesn't flap like the small tunnels, its a good fit.Sent from my HTC...
    Steve, if I cut strips of tape I could probably do it but I might just change the cover, will have a think about it. Mine doesn't flap like the small tunnels, its a good fit.Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    Steve, if I cut strips of tape I could probably do it but I might just change the cover, will have a think about it. Mine doesn't flap like the small tunnels, its a good fit.Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    Steve, if I cut strips of tape I could probably do it but I might just change the cover, will have a think about it. Mine doesn't flap like the small tunnels, its a good fit.Sent from my HTC...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Greenlady

Polytunnel

I 2nd that It is nice to see inside the PT and see what other people grow and how they do things to make gardening so much easier for themsleves and to share their ideas and what works for...
    I 2nd that It is nice to see inside the PT and see what other people grow and how they do things to make gardening so much easier for themsleves and to share their ideas and what works for them.It would be nice to see inside more PT's and Greenhouses,which is easier now with the new digi...
    I 2nd that It is nice to see inside the PT and see what other people grow and how they do things to make gardening so much easier for themsleves and to share their ideas and what works for them.It would be nice to see inside more PT's and...
    I 2nd that It is nice to see inside the PT and see what other people grow and how they do things to make gardening so much easier for themsleves and to share their ideas and what works for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. jennywren

Is my poly plan sound?

First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic...
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic but maybe they'll catch up.
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic but maybe they'll catch up.
    First ever polytunnel crop! But better still aubergines are growing like mad and tomatoes have flowers on them. Wish I could say the chilli peppers I grew from seed are thriving they look pathetic...
    Start.JPG hens.JPG Tunnel.JPG less work.JPG foam.JPG IMG_3956.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice