1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Poly-Tunnel Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Poly Hive

is this any good please?

Tip: Add a sticky label to the side of your tape measure and write on that to avoid keep losing scraps of paper with dimensions on before you get home.Overall length of '6 metre' long tunnel is...
    Tip: Add a sticky label to the side of your tape measure and write on that to avoid keep losing scraps of paper with dimensions on before you get home.Overall length of '6 metre' long tunnel is 5950mm and removing a single intermediate section would reduce it by 990mm, reducing the overall...
    Tip: Add a sticky label to the side of your tape measure and write on that to avoid keep losing scraps of paper with dimensions on before you get home.Overall length of '6 metre' long tunnel is 5950mm and removing a single intermediate section...
    Tip: Add a sticky label to the side of your tape measure and write on that to avoid keep losing scraps of paper with dimensions on before you get home.Overall length of '6 metre' long tunnel is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Quackerjack

what to grow and what not to grow?

That is great, thanks. Either you are feeding an army or else you are awfully fond of brassicas! :)
    That is great, thanks. Either you are feeding an army or else you are awfully fond of brassicas! :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. freeflow

Lean to growing versus polytunel

Forgot to mention there is clear corrugated sheeting available so you can replace the rooftop?
    Forgot to mention there is clear corrugated sheeting available so you can replace the rooftop?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Scudo

poly greenhouse

Condensation will persist from day today, its part of our damp climate. Dampness can be more of a killer than the actual cold.You can only do your best and ventilate when ever you get the chance.
    Condensation will persist from day today, its part of our damp climate. Dampness can be more of a killer than the actual cold.You can only do your best and ventilate when ever you get the chance.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Rob Taylor

Time for a tunnel

stainless bolts would be best but could cost you more than the tunnel. If you coat zinc bolts/hardware with a thin layer of vaseline it`ll keep the moisture off and they wont rust as fast.
    stainless bolts would be best but could cost you more than the tunnel. If you coat zinc bolts/hardware with a thin layer of vaseline it`ll keep the moisture off and they wont rust as fast.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Poly Hive

Where to source from

Thanks (belatedly) for this Steve.Due to lack of tow bar and trailer buying commercial is not going to be possible.My proposed site is pretty sheltered so a lighter model will hopefully be...
    Thanks (belatedly) for this Steve.Due to lack of tow bar and trailer buying commercial is not going to be possible.My proposed site is pretty sheltered so a lighter model will hopefully be quite suitable.Any makes you can suggest as we can fit in 5m x 3 or 4m.PH
    Thanks (belatedly) for this Steve.Due to lack of tow bar and trailer buying commercial is not going to be possible.My proposed site is pretty sheltered so a lighter model will hopefully be quite suitable.Any makes you can suggest as we...
    Thanks (belatedly) for this Steve.Due to lack of tow bar and trailer buying commercial is not going to be possible.My proposed site is pretty sheltered so a lighter model will hopefully be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wavebuster
    Funny x 4

NOBODY LIKES TO DO IT!

Potato/Tomato blight needs green material to survive. It will not overwinter in the soil.
    Potato/Tomato blight needs green material to survive. It will not overwinter in the soil.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wavebuster

Polytunnel polythene

Steve, I haven't a clue where to begin on posting photo's! I'm not computer savvy enough sorry:love30:
    Steve, I haven't a clue where to begin on posting photo's! I'm not computer savvy enough sorry:love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mo_

new polytunnel

Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would...
    Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would make one using scaffold poles and plastic pipe.
    Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would make one using scaffold poles and plastic pipe.
    Definitely stake it in to the ground and it will also support the frame. My one is galvanised but still not strong enough against gale force winds of 90mph. If you are quite handy at diy i would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Scrungee
    Like x 4

My £87, 6 x 3m polytunnel from ebay

That would be interesting!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jimcub

Poly tunnel doors

I used an old wood greenhouse end frame to make a ready made door, works well and I can lock it. Plus a roll of mesh to make a barrier for cats when door is open in hot weather,
    I used an old wood greenhouse end frame to make a ready made door, works well and I can lock it. Plus a roll of mesh to make a barrier for cats when door is open in hot weather,
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. jennywren

Need some inspiration for winter crops in the polytunnel

Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other...
    Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other tunnel I've been using the thinnings from the Pak Choi and Chinese cabbage in salad but have now left...
    Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other tunnel I've been using the thinnings from the Pak...
    Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other...
    Poly Jan.JPG Little bowls of salad.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. CreakyJoints
    Like x 4

I Just Bought A Small Polytunnel

Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could...
    Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could be 10 or even 12 feet long. His quote for 2 days work was very reasonable too at £200, and he's the...
    Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could be 10 or even 12 feet long. His quote for 2 days...
    Update ! The joiner came out this morning and measured everything up for my greenhouse/polyhouse. There's a possibility that he may build one bigger than 8' x 6', so that's even better, it could...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jimcub

Another eBay poly

Weeding done now the hard bit of removing the cover, my bodies not made for digging anymore
    Weeding done now the hard bit of removing the cover, my bodies not made for digging anymore
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. savo318

Pollinating toms in a tunnel

Does anyone have any tips on pollinating broad beans in a tunnel?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mel Ed'sMum

Poly Tunnel Layout

I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how...
    I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how many ridge bars you might have)Something like these :-It's another of my brain waves..... Idea...
    I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how many ridge bars you might have)Something like...
    I was considering getting a cheap hose and then putting some Hozelock jet nozzles into it as certain intervals, the hose being cable tied to the ridge bars of my tunnel (though I don't know how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. savo318

rotting cucumber fruit

i have removed all the fruits now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Tijs

Polytunnel and raised beds

All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it...
    All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it together. I bought a second cover for £20 which I have in reserve, I also have a gazebo up since last...
    All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it together. I bought a second cover for £20 which I...
    All neat and tidy, I can't get my body to function as it did to get in the garden yet. I have a green cover and it passed the wind test, previously it had been ripped off and I hand stitched it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. savo318

Heater disaster

Because we were due to have frost the other night, i went out and brought a parasene heater. got home with it, assembled it and filled it as per instructions. Once it got dark i lit it, reduced...
    Because we were due to have frost the other night, i went out and brought a parasene heater. got home with it, assembled it and filled it as per instructions. Once it got dark i lit it, reduced the flame till there was no smoke from it. Went back an hour later to recheck, still no smoke. Next...
    Because we were due to have frost the other night, i went out and brought a parasene heater. got home with it, assembled it and filled it as per instructions. Once it got dark i lit it, reduced the flame till there was no smoke from it. Went back...
    Because we were due to have frost the other night, i went out and brought a parasene heater. got home with it, assembled it and filled it as per instructions. Once it got dark i lit it, reduced...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. KaySee

Virtical plants in the poly tunnel

Like this, sloping curved canes to suit curved sides. As mentioned above I grow beefsteak toms closest the cover that are terminated lower than the likes of Sungolds closest the central path which...
    Like this, sloping curved canes to suit curved sides. As mentioned above I grow beefsteak toms closest the cover that are terminated lower than the likes of Sungolds closest the central path which will be taken up to (and along in a good year) the apex. It may look a bit 'tight' and the top of...
    Like this, sloping curved canes to suit curved sides. As mentioned above I grow beefsteak toms closest the cover that are terminated lower than the likes of Sungolds closest the central path which will be taken up to (and along in a good year)...
    Like this, sloping curved canes to suit curved sides. As mentioned above I grow beefsteak toms closest the cover that are terminated lower than the likes of Sungolds closest the central path which...
    polytunnel canes.jpg pt curved canes.jpg pt canes 2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice