1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Poly-Tunnel Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Fatpanda

panda's poly

its finally done ")Sent by smoke signals
    uploadfromtaptalk1371750136475.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371750146595.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371750159286.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371750172535.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1372796567533.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Andy frost83

Custom polly tunnel

Just build a bigger conservatory, but have a no clutter rule
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fatpanda

Poly greenhouse grow menu

well day 3 and we have life :Dcucumber ,basal and Popeye grub is pushing thu .Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    well day 3 and we have life :Dcucumber ,basal and Popeye grub is pushing thu .Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Jangles

New to this poly tunnel stuff !!

looking good :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Lea

Pros and cons.

The smallness is worry me a bit. I think tunnels can be hard to get the temperature right/ventilate, and the smaller they are the move difficult that can become. I wonder if you might be better...
    The smallness is worry me a bit. I think tunnels can be hard to get the temperature right/ventilate, and the smaller they are the move difficult that can become. I wonder if you might be better off with a glasshouse at that size? Second hand ones come on eBay / Freecycle etc. now and again,...
    The smallness is worry me a bit. I think tunnels can be hard to get the temperature right/ventilate, and the smaller they are the move difficult that can become. I wonder if you might be better off with a glasshouse at that size? Second hand...
    The smallness is worry me a bit. I think tunnels can be hard to get the temperature right/ventilate, and the smaller they are the move difficult that can become. I wonder if you might be better...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Richard360

What's in yours

My blog is called c k plant nursery and its on blogger, have over 100 videos on youtube under juliedrake23.Polytunnel growing is generally going well, have had tomatoes, cucumbers, melons,...
    My blog is called c k plant nursery and its on blogger, have over 100 videos on youtube under juliedrake23.Polytunnel growing is generally going well, have had tomatoes, cucumbers, melons, courgettes and squashes in their for a few weeks in the larger tunnel. However the 6 x 10ft one hasn't...
    My blog is called c k plant nursery and its on blogger, have over 100 videos on youtube under juliedrake23.Polytunnel growing is generally going well, have had tomatoes, cucumbers, melons, courgettes and squashes in their for a few weeks in the...
    My blog is called c k plant nursery and its on blogger, have over 100 videos on youtube under juliedrake23.Polytunnel growing is generally going well, have had tomatoes, cucumbers, melons,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Richard360

DIY tunnel

Yes mate we have got mains water and right at the side of the plot
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Julie D
    Like x 12

Julie's polytunnel

Steve, if I cut strips of tape I could probably do it but I might just change the cover, will have a think about it. Mine doesn't flap like the small tunnels, its a good fit.Sent from my HTC...
    Steve, if I cut strips of tape I could probably do it but I might just change the cover, will have a think about it. Mine doesn't flap like the small tunnels, its a good fit.Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    Steve, if I cut strips of tape I could probably do it but I might just change the cover, will have a think about it. Mine doesn't flap like the small tunnels, its a good fit.Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    Steve, if I cut strips of tape I could probably do it but I might just change the cover, will have a think about it. Mine doesn't flap like the small tunnels, its a good fit.Sent from my HTC...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Antonig

condensation

Take a look at northern polytunnels cantilevered roof vents for some diy vent inspiration ;) The best way to deal with condensation is to convince the humid air to condense somewhere it cant drip...
    Take a look at northern polytunnels cantilevered roof vents for some diy vent inspiration ;) The best way to deal with condensation is to convince the humid air to condense somewhere it cant drip and cause problems. Better still, somewhere it`ll do a bit of good. Drying out the soil is the last...
    Take a look at northern polytunnels cantilevered roof vents for some diy vent inspiration ;) The best way to deal with condensation is to convince the humid air to condense somewhere it cant drip and cause problems. Better still, somewhere it`ll...
    Take a look at northern polytunnels cantilevered roof vents for some diy vent inspiration ;) The best way to deal with condensation is to convince the humid air to condense somewhere it cant drip...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Julie D

A little advice required!!!

I understand your thinking but all the paths are higher on the whole allotment. However the plots above mine were skimmed of weeds with a JCB before I got my plots by a lazy plot holder but the...
    I understand your thinking but all the paths are higher on the whole allotment. However the plots above mine were skimmed of weeds with a JCB before I got my plots by a lazy plot holder but the plot in question wasn't in the equation.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I understand your thinking but all the paths are higher on the whole allotment. However the plots above mine were skimmed of weeds with a JCB before I got my plots by a lazy plot holder but the plot in question wasn't in the equation.Sent from...
    I understand your thinking but all the paths are higher on the whole allotment. However the plots above mine were skimmed of weeds with a JCB before I got my plots by a lazy plot holder but the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. FatBoy

Root Value or Root Cubed? The Q of Planting Spaces...

Sadly, yes. I bought the bags before reading them. The sets are about 10mm. I'll try and take a photo of the label later today.
    Sadly, yes. I bought the bags before reading them. The sets are about 10mm. I'll try and take a photo of the label later today.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. the garden gnome

polytunnel layout

can't visualise it - pictures please - my new pt goes up this month Diolch, John
    can't visualise it - pictures please - my new pt goes up this month Diolch, John
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. clueless1

How soon can I use my unheated blowaway?

Blowaway inside a cold conservatory or greenhouse with a lightbulb in the bottom (for heat), or a Tee-light on cold nights, will be better than just the greenhouse itself Trouble is C1 that you...
    Blowaway inside a cold conservatory or greenhouse with a lightbulb in the bottom (for heat), or a Tee-light on cold nights, will be better than just the greenhouse itself Trouble is C1 that you are all LED now, and as you know they won't give you any waste heat at all! Large containers (5L...
    Blowaway inside a cold conservatory or greenhouse with a lightbulb in the bottom (for heat), or a Tee-light on cold nights, will be better than just the greenhouse itself Trouble is C1 that you are all LED now, and as you know they won't give...
    Blowaway inside a cold conservatory or greenhouse with a lightbulb in the bottom (for heat), or a Tee-light on cold nights, will be better than just the greenhouse itself Trouble is C1 that you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. KevinH

My PolyTunnel Diary

Why have the scallies got him ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Julie D

Feel Good polytunnels?

Prices have dropped by another fiver, now only £114.90 incl P&P
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. stumorphmac

Pollytunnel

Now's the time to put one up !
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. miraflores

pots tunnel

don't wanna walk through right after they've been watered
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Chillimad

Polytunnel warming... is this a crazy idea?

Sadly the heated props a little to big to move, also it's attached to the wall to take the weight of the sand used to retain heat. I could however build a smaller version for use in the tunnel.
    Sadly the heated props a little to big to move, also it's attached to the wall to take the weight of the sand used to retain heat. I could however build a smaller version for use in the tunnel.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Fat Controller

Cannibalisation of old polytunnel

Given some of the things that I have seen being sold on ebay (and actually attracting bids), I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't offer something. I'll wait and see once I get the new...
    Given some of the things that I have seen being sold on ebay (and actually attracting bids), I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't offer something. I'll wait and see once I get the new greenhouse up, and if there is nothing sensible looking possible then I'll either freecycle it or similar...
    Given some of the things that I have seen being sold on ebay (and actually attracting bids), I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't offer something. I'll wait and see once I get the new greenhouse up, and if there is nothing sensible looking...
    Given some of the things that I have seen being sold on ebay (and actually attracting bids), I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't offer something. I'll wait and see once I get the new...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Chillimad

What to grow in the new polytunnel now!

Some info from the place where I got my Pongo bean seeds from (only I got them from their stall at a local event to save paying P&P): Speedy - Pongo -
    Some info from the place where I got my Pongo bean seeds from (only I got them from their stall at a local event to save paying P&P): Speedy - Pongo -
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice