1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Poly-Tunnel Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. lindyco

Anyone know about cages & polytunnels?

Brilliant site - thanks Stony! Looks like just what I'm after.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Leadbelly

Clothes drying in tunnel

same as mine great piece of kit saves a fortune in the tumble drier alex
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Leadbelly

tom problem in tunnel

yes its a magic moment when you share the first toms with her indoors. Now we are enjoying a great mix of different varieties which i bought on ebay early on in the year. I too became worried at...
    yes its a magic moment when you share the first toms with her indoors. Now we are enjoying a great mix of different varieties which i bought on ebay early on in the year. I too became worried at leaf problems as last year i suffered damping off in the tunnel through lack of ventilation i guess,...
    yes its a magic moment when you share the first toms with her indoors. Now we are enjoying a great mix of different varieties which i bought on ebay early on in the year. I too became worried at leaf problems as last year i suffered damping off...
    yes its a magic moment when you share the first toms with her indoors. Now we are enjoying a great mix of different varieties which i bought on ebay early on in the year. I too became worried at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lazy-gardener

what to grow in a second hand polytunnel

I think you are about right for planting now until mid April LG. But of course you must plant tomatoes and peppers somewhere warm, for germination. Aim for about 23C but you should be OK at 20....
    I think you are about right for planting now until mid April LG. But of course you must plant tomatoes and peppers somewhere warm, for germination. Aim for about 23C but you should be OK at 20. Over a radiator indoors is fine if you haven't got a propagator. Don't transfer to the tunnel until...
    I think you are about right for planting now until mid April LG. But of course you must plant tomatoes and peppers somewhere warm, for germination. Aim for about 23C but you should be OK at 20. Over a radiator indoors is fine if you haven't got a...
    I think you are about right for planting now until mid April LG. But of course you must plant tomatoes and peppers somewhere warm, for germination. Aim for about 23C but you should be OK at 20....
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. polytunnel

This week in the Polytunnel.

Thats a loving thought Polytunnel,talking of under plastic, its time to plant up the pak choi.isnt it.
    Thats a loving thought Polytunnel,talking of under plastic, its time to plant up the pak choi.isnt it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. kenco

The Poly Tunnel

Yep Im starting to get into the swing of planting out my poly tunnel. I just got to remember how tall things are going to grow and not to shade the wrong plants but give shade to the right ones....
    Yep Im starting to get into the swing of planting out my poly tunnel. I just got to remember how tall things are going to grow and not to shade the wrong plants but give shade to the right ones. the beans are looking good after and early start in the house. Onions and garlic together, i suppose...
    Yep Im starting to get into the swing of planting out my poly tunnel. I just got to remember how tall things are going to grow and not to shade the wrong plants but give shade to the right ones. the beans are looking good after and early start in...
    Yep Im starting to get into the swing of planting out my poly tunnel. I just got to remember how tall things are going to grow and not to shade the wrong plants but give shade to the right ones....
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Leucojum

Polytunnel v Greenhouse

Leucojum it is only slabbed for the fist 5ft and down the middle the rest is 6" of white stone chippings on a heavy duty membrane, sprinkler system down the r/h side, the vent system when closed...
    Leucojum it is only slabbed for the fist 5ft and down the middle the rest is 6" of white stone chippings on a heavy duty membrane, sprinkler system down the r/h side, the vent system when closed isn't a perfect seal but when I fitted the cover I left a 6" overhang on the outside which helps to...
    Leucojum it is only slabbed for the fist 5ft and down the middle the rest is 6" of white stone chippings on a heavy duty membrane, sprinkler system down the r/h side, the vent system when closed isn't a perfect seal but when I fitted the cover I...
    Leucojum it is only slabbed for the fist 5ft and down the middle the rest is 6" of white stone chippings on a heavy duty membrane, sprinkler system down the r/h side, the vent system when closed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Barndym

Polytunnel

Thank you I will read the brochuresRab
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sandyc

poly tunnels

Sandy, I would advise against growing tomatoes with potatoes. Grow them but keep them seperate, tomatoes in the polytunnel potatoes outside as far away from the toms as possible. I would also...
    Sandy, I would advise against growing tomatoes with potatoes. Grow them but keep them seperate, tomatoes in the polytunnel potatoes outside as far away from the toms as possible. I would also suggest you treat the soil with Armillatox or Jeyes Fluid after having blight in the tunnel. David.
    Sandy, I would advise against growing tomatoes with potatoes. Grow them but keep them seperate, tomatoes in the polytunnel potatoes outside as far away from the toms as possible. I would also suggest you treat the soil with Armillatox or Jeyes...
    Sandy, I would advise against growing tomatoes with potatoes. Grow them but keep them seperate, tomatoes in the polytunnel potatoes outside as far away from the toms as possible. I would also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. humulus

polly tunnels blok lite?

humulus,using bubble wrap in the greenhouse does`nt just act as insulation during the winter it also acts as shading during the summer. David.
    humulus,using bubble wrap in the greenhouse does`nt just act as insulation during the winter it also acts as shading during the summer. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Celia

mini poly tunnel

I'd remove it and only put back when a frost is forecast,but looking at your location that is unlikely. water them if the soil is very dry. They need moisture to soften up and start off.
    I'd remove it and only put back when a frost is forecast,but looking at your location that is unlikely. water them if the soil is very dry. They need moisture to soften up and start off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Blondie

Polytunnel Panic!!

Crowley as Dave says firsttunnels is good its important to get as much ventillation as you can go for the wind up side vents you will need them in summer
    Crowley as Dave says firsttunnels is good its important to get as much ventillation as you can go for the wind up side vents you will need them in summer
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. geoffhandley

Tunnel Cloches - anyone know where to get them?

Hi geoffI found my cloches but they didn't have any company name but I did a search and came up with this site.http://www.plasticsbypost.net/polytunnel.htmIt seems to be what you were after...
    Hi geoffI found my cloches but they didn't have any company name but I did a search and came up with this site.http://www.plasticsbypost.net/polytunnel.htmIt seems to be what you were after and is definitely what I have been using.Good luck. ---------- shiney
    Hi geoffI found my cloches but they didn't have any company name but I did a search and came up with this site.http://www.plasticsbypost.net/polytunnel.htmIt seems to be what you were after and is definitely what I have been using.Good...
    Hi geoffI found my cloches but they didn't have any company name but I did a search and came up with this site.http://www.plasticsbypost.net/polytunnel.htmIt seems to be what you were after...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Greenlady

Polytunnel

I 2nd that It is nice to see inside the PT and see what other people grow and how they do things to make gardening so much easier for themsleves and to share their ideas and what works for...
    I 2nd that It is nice to see inside the PT and see what other people grow and how they do things to make gardening so much easier for themsleves and to share their ideas and what works for them.It would be nice to see inside more PT's and Greenhouses,which is easier now with the new digi...
    I 2nd that It is nice to see inside the PT and see what other people grow and how they do things to make gardening so much easier for themsleves and to share their ideas and what works for them.It would be nice to see inside more PT's and...
    I 2nd that It is nice to see inside the PT and see what other people grow and how they do things to make gardening so much easier for themsleves and to share their ideas and what works for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scotkat

Greenhouse or Polytunnel heat

Here`s some interesting info on compost heated greenhouses,The composting component needs to be sized on the basis of its carbon dioxide production. If the composting component is sized to heat...
    Here`s some interesting info on compost heated greenhouses,The composting component needs to be sized on the basis of its carbon dioxide production. If the composting component is sized to heat the greenhouseââ?¬â?in a mild climate, half a cubic yard of compost per square foot of...
    Here`s some interesting info on compost heated greenhouses,The composting component needs to be sized on the basis of its carbon dioxide production. If the composting component is sized to heat the greenhouseââ?¬â?in a mild climate, half a...
    Here`s some interesting info on compost heated greenhouses,The composting component needs to be sized on the basis of its carbon dioxide production. If the composting component is sized to heat...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dave Martin

average price for a polytunnel?

I've just (today) finished building staging in one I bought from the first link that Nixon has posted. Cost �£370 for a 15' x 8' delivered. Delivery to you will be free I think - cost me...
    I've just (today) finished building staging in one I bought from the first link that Nixon has posted. Cost �£370 for a 15' x 8' delivered. Delivery to you will be free I think - cost me �£15. Add to that �£20 for paving for a path in it and about �£25 for staging.
    I've just (today) finished building staging in one I bought from the first link that Nixon has posted. Cost �£370 for a 15' x 8' delivered. Delivery to you will be free I think - cost me �£15. Add to that �£20 for paving for a path in it...
    I've just (today) finished building staging in one I bought from the first link that Nixon has posted. Cost �£370 for a 15' x 8' delivered. Delivery to you will be free I think - cost me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dave W

Polytunnel path

Many thanks everyone. I've just been browsing a catalogue from one of the DIY stores and have found that I can get 450x450x32 mm slabs for �£1.96 each which is a lot less expensive than I...
    Many thanks everyone. I've just been browsing a catalogue from one of the DIY stores and have found that I can get 450x450x32 mm slabs for �£1.96 each which is a lot less expensive than I thought. It compares quite well with the cost of edging + membrane + 3 or 4 bags of bark. It should also...
    Many thanks everyone. I've just been browsing a catalogue from one of the DIY stores and have found that I can get 450x450x32 mm slabs for �£1.96 each which is a lot less expensive than I thought. It compares quite well with the cost of edging...
    Many thanks everyone. I've just been browsing a catalogue from one of the DIY stores and have found that I can get 450x450x32 mm slabs for �£1.96 each which is a lot less expensive than I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dave W

Polytunnel growing

Thanks for the ideas and advice Paul. I like the idea regarding potatoes for Christmas.Dave
    Thanks for the ideas and advice Paul. I like the idea regarding potatoes for Christmas.Dave
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice