1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK

Seed sowing 2024

The cosmos sweet kisses have come up, the cosmos apricotta are taking longer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. noisette47

Reliable Seed Suppliers

I've now got a cart at Plantworld Seeds (UK) . They do ship to Canada so that looks like my best bet so far. :scratch:
    I've now got a cart at Plantworld Seeds (UK) . They do ship to Canada so that looks like my best bet so far. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Aidan mc

UK seed suppliers (delivering to NI)

I cant read all that can you just sum up what it says.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. clueless1

Grow lights, heaters etc, on a budget

It's a bit crowded in my grow box:doh:....
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg 2014-01-26 15.09.40.jpg 2014-01-26 15.10.06.jpg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. lowrider69
    Locked Redirect

Sowing seeds 2019?

Now thats a thought I dont have any small tables or stools, but will ask family members :)
    Now thats a thought I dont have any small tables or stools, but will ask family members :)
    Replies:
    Views:
    N/A
  8. PeterS

Seed germination on damp paper

That's how much we got ours for - well done!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. "M"

Growing seeds without a greenhouse or "heated" propagator?

True! .....and not much light either ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Phil A
    Like x 3

A Mushroom has come

Not these is it? :whistle:
    Tissues.jpg upload_2014-1-24_23-36-42.jpeg upload_2014-1-24_23-37-1.jpeg upload_2014-1-24_23-37-46.jpeg upload_2014-1-24_23-38-43.jpeg IMG_4386.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Balc
    Like x 5

Seed sowing 2022

I sow Sweet Peas in toilet roll tubes half filled with potting compost and topped off with seed compost. A sowing a few weeks back left a few tubes with "no shows" so the next sowing I just popped...
    I sow Sweet Peas in toilet roll tubes half filled with potting compost and topped off with seed compost. A sowing a few weeks back left a few tubes with "no shows" so the next sowing I just popped further seeds in these tubes and other fresh tubes. And yes, "no shows" again in these tubes though...
    I sow Sweet Peas in toilet roll tubes half filled with potting compost and topped off with seed compost. A sowing a few weeks back left a few tubes with "no shows" so the next sowing I just popped further seeds in these tubes and other fresh...
    I sow Sweet Peas in toilet roll tubes half filled with potting compost and topped off with seed compost. A sowing a few weeks back left a few tubes with "no shows" so the next sowing I just popped...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sheal

A 'false' winter

Never apologise for your own tastes!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scrungee

Producing your own seed spuds from mini tubers, cuttings, etc.

18 Days since taking cuttings and 50% have now rooted.I'll need to keep them growing until the end of September to get decent sized micro tubers, so might bin those that haven't taken yet.
    18 Days since taking cuttings and 50% have now rooted.I'll need to keep them growing until the end of September to get decent sized micro tubers, so might bin those that haven't taken yet.
    kondor mini tuber.jpg scab.jpg KondorB.jpg kondorA.jpg kondor sterilized.jpg kondor sprouts.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Steve R

Soil warming cable - Propogator

Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out...
    Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out with no more than about an inch between the runs of cable so there are no 'hot spots'. The heat is...
    Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out with no more than about an inch between the runs of...
    Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out...
    P1180849.JPG GH 130109 (1).jpg P1110660.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gay Gardener

Chiltern Seeds

I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I...
    I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I did find them high cost . Then again they do have a huge range of seeds.
    I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I did find them high cost . Then again they do have a...
    I tend to agree with Madahhlia on this . I find Ebay very easy to search and purchase on , I seem to get the majority of my seeds from there now. I know lots on here like Chiltern seeds , but I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Coolsox

How long does Cobaea scandens take to flower from seed?

Thanks Vicky, first time I've grown them and I am impressed :), definitely be growing them again next year :dbgrtmb:
    Thanks Vicky, first time I've grown them and I am impressed :), definitely be growing them again next year :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Fat Controller

Marigold germination

I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor...
    I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor quality of the picture, but if you look closely at the tray at the top of this image, that is the...
    I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor quality of the picture, but if you look closely at the...
    I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor...
    IMAG0218.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. hydrogardener
    Like x 6

Phalaenopsis from seed.

I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent...
    I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent plant were huge. The difference in the size and appearance of the resulting plants is...
    I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent plant were huge. The difference in the size and...
    I have four plants left after giving several plants to friends. One of the baby plants has a spike and I am looking forward to seeing what the flowers look like, as the flowers on the parent...
    seeds day4.jpg Phalaenopsis Seeds Day 10.jpg mama.jpg Baby Phal.jpg phalaenopsis in vitro.jpg UGO.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. IceColdRum
    Like x 3

Big Sunflowers

Some of mine have started to come up now :) the giants seem to be slow starters though here are some photos of 'Firecracker' an F1 variety I got in a seed swap so I've no idea what will come up and...
    Some of mine have started to come up now :) the giants seem to be slow starters though here are some photos of 'Firecracker' an F1 variety I got in a seed swap so I've no idea what will come up and also the starting of 'Mongolian Giant'Sent on the go from my telephone
    Some of mine have started to come up now :) the giants seem to be slow starters though here are some photos of 'Firecracker' an F1 variety I got in a seed swap so I've no idea what will come up and also the starting of 'Mongolian Giant'Sent...
    Some of mine have started to come up now :) the giants seem to be slow starters though here are some photos of 'Firecracker' an F1 variety I got in a seed swap so I've no idea what will come up and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PeterJ

Looking after seedlings once germinated

@PeterJ it depends on what you are growing too. I tend to grow a lot of annuals so I am used to the pot shifting dance. By the time I am able to plant out them out, I usually have about 150 to 180...
    @PeterJ it depends on what you are growing too. I tend to grow a lot of annuals so I am used to the pot shifting dance. By the time I am able to plant out them out, I usually have about 150 to 180 little pots of annuals. Lots of running up and down the stairs.And I still buy more in the...
    @PeterJ it depends on what you are growing too. I tend to grow a lot of annuals so I am used to the pot shifting dance. By the time I am able to plant out them out, I usually have about 150 to 180 little pots of annuals. Lots of running up and...
    @PeterJ it depends on what you are growing too. I tend to grow a lot of annuals so I am used to the pot shifting dance. By the time I am able to plant out them out, I usually have about 150 to 180...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jason85

What are you up to today

Total cost on the decking is £65 so far, when I'm done I'll put on a post so everyone can do a diy deck and I'll explain how I done it
    Total cost on the decking is £65 so far, when I'm done I'll put on a post so everyone can do a diy deck and I'll explain how I done it
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Steve R

F1 seeds

Two parent lines are maintained to produce pure characteristics (lets say one is tall, the other is juicy). They are then crossed and the resulting F1 crop is (lets say!!) both Tall and Juicy....
    Two parent lines are maintained to produce pure characteristics (lets say one is tall, the other is juicy). They are then crossed and the resulting F1 crop is (lets say!!) both Tall and Juicy. Guaranteed every single plant.If you save seed from that (i.e. "F2") you get some Tall, some Juicy,...
    Two parent lines are maintained to produce pure characteristics (lets say one is tall, the other is juicy). They are then crossed and the resulting F1 crop is (lets say!!) both Tall and Juicy. Guaranteed every single plant.If you save seed...
    Two parent lines are maintained to produce pure characteristics (lets say one is tall, the other is juicy). They are then crossed and the resulting F1 crop is (lets say!!) both Tall and Juicy....
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. stephenprudence

A little worried regarding seeds

How about: just like the movies: "There is trouble ahead, take the kids and stay with your sister for a few weeks" :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:
    How about: just like the movies: "There is trouble ahead, take the kids and stay with your sister for a few weeks" :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Michael Hewett

Cuttings

And I thought you meant the 1792 renovation. :old:
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Scrungee

Sarcococca from cuttings and/or seeds

@Jenny namaste I would say Sarcococca confusa; this is what mine looks likes this year.
    @Jenny namaste I would say Sarcococca confusa; this is what mine looks likes this year.
    IMG_20210224_104918677_HDR.jpg IMG_20210224_104910325_HDR.jpg 20230128_144230.jpg Sarcococca confusa.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice