1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↑ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Aidan mc

UK seed suppliers (delivering to NI)

I cant read all that can you just sum up what it says.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. noisette47

Reliable Seed Suppliers

I've now got a cart at Plantworld Seeds (UK) . They do ship to Canada so that looks like my best bet so far. :scratch:
    I've now got a cart at Plantworld Seeds (UK) . They do ship to Canada so that looks like my best bet so far. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JWK

Seed sowing 2024

Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients...
    Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients back from them.
    Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients back from them.
    Don't do that, seedlings need to gather all the sun's energy they can so taking off any leaves is a bad idea. Even when the cotyledons start to yellow leave them on as the plant recovers nutrients...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Purple Streaks

seed spare ,

I have spare seed of a large white stock .highly scented .it is what I had in mystery seeds from chiltern s 4 yrs ago .this makes a large branching out plant bluey grey leaf .and is hardy sorry...
    I have spare seed of a large white stock .highly scented .it is what I had in mystery seeds from chiltern s 4 yrs ago .this makes a large branching out plant bluey grey leaf .and is hardy sorry don't know name. Please pm me if intrested.
    I have spare seed of a large white stock .highly scented .it is what I had in mystery seeds from chiltern s 4 yrs ago .this makes a large branching out plant bluey grey leaf .and is hardy sorry don't know name. Please pm me if intrested.
    I have spare seed of a large white stock .highly scented .it is what I had in mystery seeds from chiltern s 4 yrs ago .this makes a large branching out plant bluey grey leaf .and is hardy sorry...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Snorky85

Sweet Peas

i am a bit late sowing my sweet peas, but thought id still sow them today. They're in my heated greenhouse in a propogator....do you think they'll do ok? :scratch:
    i am a bit late sowing my sweet peas, but thought id still sow them today. They're in my heated greenhouse in a propogator....do you think they'll do ok? :scratch:
    image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. buddleja

Hydrangea macrophllya

Hi ~ I have just tried my hand at taking some hydrangea cuttings. Does anyone know if they need to be covered, or can I just leave them in a shady spot in the garden to hopefully grow. Thanks ~...
    Hi ~ I have just tried my hand at taking some hydrangea cuttings. Does anyone know if they need to be covered, or can I just leave them in a shady spot in the garden to hopefully grow. Thanks ~ buddleja.Got the information that I needed from elsewhere. Unfortunately, not this site.
    Hi ~ I have just tried my hand at taking some hydrangea cuttings. Does anyone know if they need to be covered, or can I just leave them in a shady spot in the garden to hopefully grow. Thanks ~ buddleja.Got the information that I needed from...
    Hi ~ I have just tried my hand at taking some hydrangea cuttings. Does anyone know if they need to be covered, or can I just leave them in a shady spot in the garden to hopefully grow. Thanks ~...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sheal

Heuchera

I have Heuchera seeds in compost in a heated propagator, can somebody tell me roughly how long they will take to germinate please.
    I have Heuchera seeds in compost in a heated propagator, can somebody tell me roughly how long they will take to germinate please.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Alan16ac

Direct Sow Delphinium

Thompson and Morgan say to direct sow my Delphinium seeds where I want them to flower, in September. Is this right in your experienced opinions lol? I'm scared of wasting my seed.
    Thompson and Morgan say to direct sow my Delphinium seeds where I want them to flower, in September. Is this right in your experienced opinions lol? I'm scared of wasting my seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. miraflores

a new system to water the seedlings

Take a pressure sprayer, charge it, somehow position it on the top/side of the pots to spray,hold the lever down with a strong elastic and have a drink whilst your seedlings enjoy the watering....
    Take a pressure sprayer, charge it, somehow position it on the top/side of the pots to spray,hold the lever down with a strong elastic and have a drink whilst your seedlings enjoy the watering....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Spruce

Golden Heart & Golden Child, Ivy best time to take cuttings

Hi All As the title states when is the best time to take cuttings, any tip or tricks compost etc as I need about 10 of each. Spruce
    Hi All As the title states when is the best time to take cuttings, any tip or tricks compost etc as I need about 10 of each. Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scotkat

A big ask donation of Evergreen Clematis cuttings

Please wanted for the walled garden restoration project of Glamis Castle. Is there anyone who would like to donate. Pm if you would .
    Please wanted for the walled garden restoration project of Glamis Castle. Is there anyone who would like to donate. Pm if you would .
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Vince
    Agree x 3

Using Heated Propagators

A bit late now I know but it's well worth while bringing potting compost and water up to temperature before sowing any seed, you get a much better germination rate!
    A bit late now I know but it's well worth while bringing potting compost and water up to temperature before sowing any seed, you get a much better germination rate!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sandhun

Growing from seed without a greenhouse

Morning sandhun :) Yes your conditions sound suitable. It would be better if you could treat yourself to a cheap electric propagator, even a very basic one to provide a little bottom heat....it’s...
    Morning sandhun :) Yes your conditions sound suitable. It would be better if you could treat yourself to a cheap electric propagator, even a very basic one to provide a little bottom heat....it’s all I use. I have several varieties that have germinated now and growing well:) Just be aware of...
    Morning sandhun :) Yes your conditions sound suitable. It would be better if you could treat yourself to a cheap electric propagator, even a very basic one to provide a little bottom heat....it’s all I use. I have several varieties that have...
    Morning sandhun :) Yes your conditions sound suitable. It would be better if you could treat yourself to a cheap electric propagator, even a very basic one to provide a little bottom heat....it’s...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Igrowfromseed
    Like x 3

Nicotiana seedlings

That will keep you busy! :blue thumb: They look good. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Andre Murphy

Phlox from stem cutting ì

@Andre Murphy I try to root pretty much everything i deadhead or prune ...some i have success some not ;) ...it's such a cheap way to propagate and bulk up your garden and when you see the result...
    @Andre Murphy I try to root pretty much everything i deadhead or prune ...some i have success some not ;) ...it's such a cheap way to propagate and bulk up your garden and when you see the result its a real feel good factor :yes: Im always rooting something.... i luv it :biggrin: Only today after visiting a...
    @Andre Murphy I try to root pretty much everything i deadhead or prune ...some i have success some not ;) ...it's such a cheap way to propagate and bulk up your garden and when you see the result its a real feel good factor :yes: Im always rooting...
    @Andre Murphy I try to root pretty much everything i deadhead or prune ...some i have success some not ;) ...it's such a cheap way to propagate and bulk up your garden and when you see the result...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. David E Peacock

Propagating Kyipnoffia's from seed

I sowed some in early spring just into pots & then into a warm spot on the window sill, germination was fairly quick.No special treatment.
    I sowed some in early spring just into pots & then into a warm spot on the window sill, germination was fairly quick.No special treatment.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. clueless1

Sowing seed collected this year

If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. ...
    If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. I'd cover the compost with something to deter moss growth (in case they take a long time to...
    If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. I'd cover the compost with something to deter moss...
    If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. pheobe

Rosa Rugosa hedge

Hi Eric thick gloves is a must and long handled lopers before you even start If me I would take out all the dead wood and 50% of the OLD growth and leave all the new growth from last year if...
    Hi Eric thick gloves is a must and long handled lopers before you even start If me I would take out all the dead wood and 50% of the OLD growth and leave all the new growth from last year if you can this type of rose grows denser by suckering so its doing what it should if growing where you...
    Hi Eric thick gloves is a must and long handled lopers before you even start If me I would take out all the dead wood and 50% of the OLD growth and leave all the new growth from last year if you can this type of rose grows denser by...
    Hi Eric thick gloves is a must and long handled lopers before you even start If me I would take out all the dead wood and 50% of the OLD growth and leave all the new growth from last year if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. sal73

Orange bauhinia

I've grown B.variegata from seed and they germinate easily. The problem that I've had is getting them beyond the seedling stage. I have just one left and that seems to have stalled. That said, I...
    I've grown B.variegata from seed and they germinate easily. The problem that I've had is getting them beyond the seedling stage. I have just one left and that seems to have stalled. That said, I moved house when they were very young last spring so it may romp away this summer.
    I've grown B.variegata from seed and they germinate easily. The problem that I've had is getting them beyond the seedling stage. I have just one left and that seems to have stalled. That said, I moved house when they were very young last spring...
    I've grown B.variegata from seed and they germinate easily. The problem that I've had is getting them beyond the seedling stage. I have just one left and that seems to have stalled. That said, I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. JWK

Clematis armandii propagation

Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Sian in Belgium

Can verbena rigida be propagated by division?

Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide...
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide away tomorrow.:blue thumb:
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide away tomorrow.:blue thumb:
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Flumpy

Bacopa

Yes, sorry I spelt it wrong, I won’t plant them yet then, I’ll put them in my greenhouse as I think my house is a bit too warm. Thanks for getting back to me :dbgrtmb:
    Yes, sorry I spelt it wrong, I won’t plant them yet then, I’ll put them in my greenhouse as I think my house is a bit too warm. Thanks for getting back to me :dbgrtmb:
    20190407_174213.jpg 7C1266F7-4885-4A96-9036-5DBCEFCCFFE6.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. ElaineTP

Chitting Potatoes

Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late...
    Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late frosts and be prepared to fleece/cover if necessary.
    Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late frosts and be prepared to fleece/cover if necessary.
    Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice