1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Aidan mc

UK seed suppliers (delivering to NI)

I cant read all that can you just sum up what it says.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK

Seed sowing 2024

The cosmos sweet kisses have come up, the cosmos apricotta are taking longer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. noisette47

Reliable Seed Suppliers

I've now got a cart at Plantworld Seeds (UK) . They do ship to Canada so that looks like my best bet so far. :scratch:
    I've now got a cart at Plantworld Seeds (UK) . They do ship to Canada so that looks like my best bet so far. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. philomel

Yay the Primula vialli are coming up

Thanks M, yes they're rather unusual aren't they? :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. amanda j

witch hazel seed

We have a fair number of Witch Hazels here and I have never found any seedlings under them. Many plants have chemical inhibitors exuded by the roots which prevent seeds from germinating. After all...
    We have a fair number of Witch Hazels here and I have never found any seedlings under them. Many plants have chemical inhibitors exuded by the roots which prevent seeds from germinating. After all who would want to be crowded out by hundreds of babies?
    We have a fair number of Witch Hazels here and I have never found any seedlings under them. Many plants have chemical inhibitors exuded by the roots which prevent seeds from germinating. After all who would want to be crowded out by hundreds of...
    We have a fair number of Witch Hazels here and I have never found any seedlings under them. Many plants have chemical inhibitors exuded by the roots which prevent seeds from germinating. After all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. whis4ey
    Like x 3

Winter problems

I think your memory isn't too bad ... the major part of that fencing was done a few years ago. Four panels were not too bad and were covered in ivy, so were left alone at that time. Their time...
    I think your memory isn't too bad ... the major part of that fencing was done a few years ago. Four panels were not too bad and were covered in ivy, so were left alone at that time. Their time has now come :)
    I think your memory isn't too bad ... the major part of that fencing was done a few years ago. Four panels were not too bad and were covered in ivy, so were left alone at that time. Their time has now come :)
    I think your memory isn't too bad ... the major part of that fencing was done a few years ago. Four panels were not too bad and were covered in ivy, so were left alone at that time. Their time...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Loki

Winter lettuce

Many thanks:) I'm thinking it may be a bit hit and miss re slugs. I appreciate your knowledge:ThankYou: Slugs are troublesome here, might have to re think
    Many thanks:) I'm thinking it may be a bit hit and miss re slugs. I appreciate your knowledge:ThankYou: Slugs are troublesome here, might have to re think
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. the garden gnome

windowsill issues for seeds

The garden gnome, could you place them on corrugated cardboard box laid flat and extra light from cooking foil selotaped to a piece of card behind the plants?
    The garden gnome, could you place them on corrugated cardboard box laid flat and extra light from cooking foil selotaped to a piece of card behind the plants?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JFH

Where do I start?

Dig the whole lot over. Remove all the weeds you can and put them in a big compost heap. Don't use a Rotavator for this as you will be making more work in the long run. Work little and often,...
    Dig the whole lot over. Remove all the weeds you can and put them in a big compost heap. Don't use a Rotavator for this as you will be making more work in the long run. Work little and often, maybe an hour or two per week, otherwise you will loose interest and energy in it.Wouldn't worry over...
    Dig the whole lot over. Remove all the weeds you can and put them in a big compost heap. Don't use a Rotavator for this as you will be making more work in the long run. Work little and often, maybe an hour or two per week, otherwise you will...
    Dig the whole lot over. Remove all the weeds you can and put them in a big compost heap. Don't use a Rotavator for this as you will be making more work in the long run. Work little and often,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fat Controller

When will be safe to plant out?

Right, I need to get round to sorting this passiflora today - its not looking happy at all in the kitchen now, with a load of leaves having dropped off leaving only bare stem; what is best for...
    Right, I need to get round to sorting this passiflora today - its not looking happy at all in the kitchen now, with a load of leaves having dropped off leaving only bare stem; what is best for this - sink it as deep as possible in the bigger pot and hope that it spurs on some growth, or cut it...
    Right, I need to get round to sorting this passiflora today - its not looking happy at all in the kitchen now, with a load of leaves having dropped off leaving only bare stem; what is best for this - sink it as deep as possible in the bigger pot...
    Right, I need to get round to sorting this passiflora today - its not looking happy at all in the kitchen now, with a load of leaves having dropped off leaving only bare stem; what is best for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Folly Mon

when to start seeds??

Folly mon - what seeds are you sowing? As Clueless touched upon, there are a surprising number that appreciate/need a period of cold stratification and these could be sown now and placed in the...
    Folly mon - what seeds are you sowing? As Clueless touched upon, there are a surprising number that appreciate/need a period of cold stratification and these could be sown now and placed in the fridge. I have recently placed some Mecanopsis in the fridge and they will be there until the end of...
    Folly mon - what seeds are you sowing? As Clueless touched upon, there are a surprising number that appreciate/need a period of cold stratification and these could be sown now and placed in the fridge. I have recently placed some Mecanopsis in...
    Folly mon - what seeds are you sowing? As Clueless touched upon, there are a surprising number that appreciate/need a period of cold stratification and these could be sown now and placed in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. begoodian

When to start seeds indoors in Glasgow

Its changed in the short time that I have lived here - it seems to be constantly changing, especially Richmond
    Its changed in the short time that I have lived here - it seems to be constantly changing, especially Richmond
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. groundbeetle

When to put Aubretia seedlings outside?

would have had better results if you had fully filled the pots or used shallow trays. The seedlings have grown tall just to get to the rim. I am surprised nobody has suggested that you prick these...
    would have had better results if you had fully filled the pots or used shallow trays. The seedlings have grown tall just to get to the rim. I am surprised nobody has suggested that you prick these out into individual 4" pots, planting so that much of the stem is supported.Pick each up gently by...
    would have had better results if you had fully filled the pots or used shallow trays. The seedlings have grown tall just to get to the rim. I am surprised nobody has suggested that you prick these out into individual 4" pots, planting so that...
    would have had better results if you had fully filled the pots or used shallow trays. The seedlings have grown tall just to get to the rim. I am surprised nobody has suggested that you prick these...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sian in Belgium

When to lift and divide snowdrops

Well, the sunshine beckoned outside, and the large clumps of snowdrops have been lifted and replanted within about 30 mins of coming out of the ground, so they should not have dried out. About to...
    Well, the sunshine beckoned outside, and the large clumps of snowdrops have been lifted and replanted within about 30 mins of coming out of the ground, so they should not have dried out. About to go around and water them in, as we have no rain forecast for the next 5 days...
    Well, the sunshine beckoned outside, and the large clumps of snowdrops have been lifted and replanted within about 30 mins of coming out of the ground, so they should not have dried out. About to go around and water them in, as we have no rain...
    Well, the sunshine beckoned outside, and the large clumps of snowdrops have been lifted and replanted within about 30 mins of coming out of the ground, so they should not have dried out. About to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Calum

What substrate to put with seeds when overseeding?

I use sand, just because I like sand and moss doesn't.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. liliana

What seeds do you sow in January?

I've set off a total of 80 correopsis seeds yesterday in my new grow box.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jason85

What are you up to today

Total cost on the decking is £65 so far, when I'm done I'll put on a post so everyone can do a diy deck and I'll explain how I done it
    Total cost on the decking is £65 so far, when I'm done I'll put on a post so everyone can do a diy deck and I'll explain how I done it
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. james swann

what 's the best unheated propagator you've used?

I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have...
    I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have never cost more than £2 each. The tops don't have vents which makes them cheaper - so what. If you want...
    I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have never cost more than £2 each. The tops don't have...
    I have never bought an unheated propagator as such. I have always bought seed trays at £1 or less, and seperate transparent tops for £1. I have 20 or more of these combinations, but they have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. TaraMaiden
    Like x 4

Well I'll be Plumeria-ed....

...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but...
    ...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but the sunny blast we have been enjoying lately, seems to be taking a back seat at the moment, so the...
    ...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but the sunny blast we have been enjoying lately,...
    ...UPDATE:Well, all but two of the Plumeria seeds have sprouted, and once planted, have shot up considerably. Currently looking very healthy living on my West- and South-facing window sills, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. wiseowl

Wallflowers Sowing

I think KFF has diagnosed my problem - last lot of wallflowers were in the conservatory.......after reading your comment, I have moved the latest sowings outside. Thank you for the advice.
    I think KFF has diagnosed my problem - last lot of wallflowers were in the conservatory.......after reading your comment, I have moved the latest sowings outside. Thank you for the advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. 2nd_bassoon

Wallflowers

Thanks guys, the seeds were a spur-of-the-moment purchase, I had a feeling it was wrong at the time but live and learn :rolleyespink: I've potted them on and moved them into the coldframe for now (no space to...
    Thanks guys, the seeds were a spur-of-the-moment purchase, I had a feeling it was wrong at the time but live and learn :rolleyespink: I've potted them on and moved them into the coldframe for now (no space to plant them out properly), so we'll see how they go.
    Thanks guys, the seeds were a spur-of-the-moment purchase, I had a feeling it was wrong at the time but live and learn :rolleyespink: I've potted them on and moved them into the coldframe for now (no space to plant them out properly), so we'll see how they go.
    Thanks guys, the seeds were a spur-of-the-moment purchase, I had a feeling it was wrong at the time but live and learn :rolleyespink: I've potted them on and moved them into the coldframe for now (no space to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Val..

Violas from seed

Think I'll go for that!!!! :thumbsup:Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Fat Controller

Vermiculite or Perlite

Well, the vermiculite was delivered today; stopping compost compaction is one of the key things I want from it really, and if it retains moisture whilst at it, so much the better.
    Well, the vermiculite was delivered today; stopping compost compaction is one of the key things I want from it really, and if it retains moisture whilst at it, so much the better.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice