?? dont know with that one Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. stephenprudence

A little worried regarding seeds

How about: just like the movies: "There is trouble ahead, take the kids and stay with your sister for a few weeks" :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:
    How about: just like the movies: "There is trouble ahead, take the kids and stay with your sister for a few weeks" :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Dorothy

limping dahlia cuttings

I agree with Sal about putting a plastic bag over the pot (I attach mine to the pot with an elastic band, so that the bottom of the pot is still "open" so I can stand it in water for a few minutes...
    I agree with Sal about putting a plastic bag over the pot (I attach mine to the pot with an elastic band, so that the bottom of the pot is still "open" so I can stand it in water for a few minutes if it dries out (which it probably won't do until the cutting is rooted). I root Dahlias out of...
    I agree with Sal about putting a plastic bag over the pot (I attach mine to the pot with an elastic band, so that the bottom of the pot is still "open" so I can stand it in water for a few minutes if it dries out (which it probably won't do until...
    I agree with Sal about putting a plastic bag over the pot (I attach mine to the pot with an elastic band, so that the bottom of the pot is still "open" so I can stand it in water for a few minutes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Dorothy

limping dahlia cuttings

Hi no they were not hollow and it is not in direct sun.I have accidentely done two threads on the same subject:oopss:
    Hi no they were not hollow and it is not in direct sun.I have accidentely done two threads on the same subject:oopss:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fat Controller

Marigold germination

I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor...
    I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor quality of the picture, but if you look closely at the tray at the top of this image, that is the...
    I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor quality of the picture, but if you look closely at the...
    I plumped for the 15-cell trays in the end - 20 packs of 10, so 3000 plants worth assuming my maths is right. I'll post back when I get them regarding the quality :) Apologies for the poor...
    IMAG0218.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sheal

Am I the April Fool.......

I don't suppose there is any chance that anyone has a rooted cutting of Hicote Giant is there? Been after that for some time ...
    I don't suppose there is any chance that anyone has a rooted cutting of Hicote Giant is there? Been after that for some time ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. the garden gnome

windowsill issues for seeds

The garden gnome, could you place them on corrugated cardboard box laid flat and extra light from cooking foil selotaped to a piece of card behind the plants?
    The garden gnome, could you place them on corrugated cardboard box laid flat and extra light from cooking foil selotaped to a piece of card behind the plants?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. "M"

Growing common hazel from cuttings?

Actually that's a good point Palustris ... I think of all the things I do use as pea-sticks the one thing that isn't in the mix for me is Hazel as I don't have any big enough, yet, and at our...
    Actually that's a good point Palustris ... I think of all the things I do use as pea-sticks the one thing that isn't in the mix for me is Hazel as I don't have any big enough, yet, and at our previous place, where we did have Hazel, I can't now remember any rooting. I do use Willow and Dogwood...
    Actually that's a good point Palustris ... I think of all the things I do use as pea-sticks the one thing that isn't in the mix for me is Hazel as I don't have any big enough, yet, and at our previous place, where we did have Hazel, I can't now...
    Actually that's a good point Palustris ... I think of all the things I do use as pea-sticks the one thing that isn't in the mix for me is Hazel as I don't have any big enough, yet, and at our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. begoodian

When to start seeds indoors in Glasgow

Its changed in the short time that I have lived here - it seems to be constantly changing, especially Richmond
    Its changed in the short time that I have lived here - it seems to be constantly changing, especially Richmond
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. intel

Plug Plant Trainer

On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by...
    On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by improvising.
    On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by improvising.
    On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Robajobs

Delphiniums from seed

Yes, I think they will germinate better if left "cool". I sow mine in the Winter, leave them in the unheated conservatory so they get plenty of cool / cold, and then as Winter draws to a close...
    Yes, I think they will germinate better if left "cool". I sow mine in the Winter, leave them in the unheated conservatory so they get plenty of cool / cold, and then as Winter draws to a close they germinate. I have had a couple of packets that have not germinated at all, but as all had...
    Yes, I think they will germinate better if left "cool". I sow mine in the Winter, leave them in the unheated conservatory so they get plenty of cool / cold, and then as Winter draws to a close they germinate. I have had a couple of packets that...
    Yes, I think they will germinate better if left "cool". I sow mine in the Winter, leave them in the unheated conservatory so they get plenty of cool / cold, and then as Winter draws to a close...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73

Hibiscus from seeds

I grew several different Hibiscus from seed last year Sal, including coccinea. But none of them flowered. I remember Pete saying that coccinea was difficult. However I suspect other varieties will...
    I grew several different Hibiscus from seed last year Sal, including coccinea. But none of them flowered. I remember Pete saying that coccinea was difficult. However I suspect other varieties will flower.The only one that did flower from seed last year was Alyogyne huegelii (above), a close...
    I grew several different Hibiscus from seed last year Sal, including coccinea. But none of them flowered. I remember Pete saying that coccinea was difficult. However I suspect other varieties will flower.The only one that did flower from seed...
    I grew several different Hibiscus from seed last year Sal, including coccinea. But none of them flowered. I remember Pete saying that coccinea was difficult. However I suspect other varieties will...
    2012_08120006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. nFrost

Blood Fish and Bone on new sown seeds?

not at first, no. but i have now! lol.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Spruce

Chinese Lantern seeds but...

Aha! This thread reminds me .... I need to send a certain someone a PM!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sal73

Growing iris from seeds

The Pacific Coast hybrid Iris do not like root disturbance so prick them out as small plants very carefully and get them growing on as quickly as possible into planting out size. I can get the...
    The Pacific Coast hybrid Iris do not like root disturbance so prick them out as small plants very carefully and get them growing on as quickly as possible into planting out size. I can get the seed of these to germinate like Cress, but getting them to reach flowering size is another matter.
    The Pacific Coast hybrid Iris do not like root disturbance so prick them out as small plants very carefully and get them growing on as quickly as possible into planting out size. I can get the seed of these to germinate like Cress, but getting...
    The Pacific Coast hybrid Iris do not like root disturbance so prick them out as small plants very carefully and get them growing on as quickly as possible into planting out size. I can get the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wtluke

Sowing in a conservatory

No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or...
    No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or the branches become as hard as nails, but I thought something wispy and elegant might look nice,...
    No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or the branches become as hard as nails, but I...
    No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. davetherave

Parkers delivery much earlier than expected

My crocosmia sunrise and dwarf azalea came today. I'm going to pot up the crocosmia and put the azalea in the cold frame for a bit.Rusty
    My crocosmia sunrise and dwarf azalea came today. I'm going to pot up the crocosmia and put the azalea in the cold frame for a bit.Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. trogre

Electric Propagator

Hi Dave - nice to see some figures. Its a good point to make - to keep any sand well watered. When I first bought a heated propagator, in my naivety - without thinking , I assumed that all the...
    Hi Dave - nice to see some figures. Its a good point to make - to keep any sand well watered. When I first bought a heated propagator, in my naivety - without thinking , I assumed that all the inside of the propagator would be at a constant temperature. However I did some experiments and found...
    Hi Dave - nice to see some figures. Its a good point to make - to keep any sand well watered. When I first bought a heated propagator, in my naivety - without thinking , I assumed that all the inside of the propagator would be at a constant...
    Hi Dave - nice to see some figures. Its a good point to make - to keep any sand well watered. When I first bought a heated propagator, in my naivety - without thinking , I assumed that all the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kyleleonard

Best time/way to divide Heuchera?

Hey if it works for you thats all that matters, "Stuff" made me laugh and the day I have had in work I needed a that . Spruce
    Hey if it works for you thats all that matters, "Stuff" made me laugh and the day I have had in work I needed a that . Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice