1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. sue71

Dead Cuttings!

Sue, Pamsdish, for this type of plant you layer stems. Pin down any stem close to the ground. The stem will root from any leaf axil in touch with the ground.
    Sue, Pamsdish, for this type of plant you layer stems. Pin down any stem close to the ground. The stem will root from any leaf axil in touch with the ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Victoria Plum

Dividing perennials now (hello again everyone!!!)

Thank you!It's a nice afternoon so I'll get onto it!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. kyleleonard

Best time/way to divide Heuchera?

Hey if it works for you thats all that matters, "Stuff" made me laugh and the day I have had in work I needed a that . Spruce
    Hey if it works for you thats all that matters, "Stuff" made me laugh and the day I have had in work I needed a that . Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. cymro

lupinus arboreus

It's an old thread, but I just ordered a bulk of seeds, tree lupin being one of them. I'm really happy it requires 'no special treatment'. I will need to return here for reference, however. :thumbsup:
    It's an old thread, but I just ordered a bulk of seeds, tree lupin being one of them. I'm really happy it requires 'no special treatment'. I will need to return here for reference, however. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JWK

Clematis armandii propagation

Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sian in Belgium

Can verbena rigida be propagated by division?

Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide...
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide away tomorrow.:blue thumb:
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide away tomorrow.:blue thumb:
    Sounds like the perfect plant for me then! I find that unless a plant is really, really determined to grow, it just curls up its toes and dies in the soil here...I will get out there and divide...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Flumpy

Bacopa

Yes, sorry I spelt it wrong, I won’t plant them yet then, I’ll put them in my greenhouse as I think my house is a bit too warm. Thanks for getting back to me :dbgrtmb:
    Yes, sorry I spelt it wrong, I won’t plant them yet then, I’ll put them in my greenhouse as I think my house is a bit too warm. Thanks for getting back to me :dbgrtmb:
    20190407_174213.jpg 7C1266F7-4885-4A96-9036-5DBCEFCCFFE6.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ElaineTP

Chitting Potatoes

Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late...
    Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late frosts and be prepared to fleece/cover if necessary.
    Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late frosts and be prepared to fleece/cover if necessary.
    Although I like my seed spuds to sprout, I'm not as patient as them, they get planted when I want them planted......... it works!1st earlies in 2nd earlies in Maincrop inJust look out for late...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. "M"

Heated Propagator

I warmed mine up a few weeks ago as I was taking a few cuttings, thought a bit of bottom heat couldn't hurt.:)
    I warmed mine up a few weeks ago as I was taking a few cuttings, thought a bit of bottom heat couldn't hurt.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. JJ28

next year....

I reckon runner bean pods are best left on the plant [1] until they go crispy, then let them dry out further under cover, and dry out some more after removing from the pods until they are...
    I reckon runner bean pods are best left on the plant [1] until they go crispy, then let them dry out further under cover, and dry out some more after removing from the pods until they are thouroughly dry before packing away.Some varieties are harder to save than others. I find White Lady...
    I reckon runner bean pods are best left on the plant [1] until they go crispy, then let them dry out further under cover, and dry out some more after removing from the pods until they are thouroughly dry before packing away.Some varieties are...
    I reckon runner bean pods are best left on the plant [1] until they go crispy, then let them dry out further under cover, and dry out some more after removing from the pods until they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kandy

Lily Bulbils

I agree, but as mine are in the main bed I pick them off. Just give the brown ones a gentle tweak - if they come off all well and good, if not try tomorrow. It's not unusual that in their first...
    I agree, but as mine are in the main bed I pick them off. Just give the brown ones a gentle tweak - if they come off all well and good, if not try tomorrow. It's not unusual that in their first year (2016) they appear to do nothing but in fact under the soil they are setting their roots out. Two...
    I agree, but as mine are in the main bed I pick them off. Just give the brown ones a gentle tweak - if they come off all well and good, if not try tomorrow. It's not unusual that in their first year (2016) they appear to do nothing but in fact...
    I agree, but as mine are in the main bed I pick them off. Just give the brown ones a gentle tweak - if they come off all well and good, if not try tomorrow. It's not unusual that in their first...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. philomel

Yay the Primula vialli are coming up

Thanks M, yes they're rather unusual aren't they? :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. marjoriesseedling

Ventilation and propagation

Another question is, where is the propagator ? Is it inside by a window. If so, you want to be careful you do not turn the propagator into a solar oven. Though if you have a taste for roasted...
    Another question is, where is the propagator ? Is it inside by a window. If so, you want to be careful you do not turn the propagator into a solar oven. Though if you have a taste for roasted seeds :)
    Another question is, where is the propagator ? Is it inside by a window. If so, you want to be careful you do not turn the propagator into a solar oven. Though if you have a taste for roasted seeds :)
    Another question is, where is the propagator ? Is it inside by a window. If so, you want to be careful you do not turn the propagator into a solar oven. Though if you have a taste for roasted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. LyndaG

Datura - Purple Moonflower

Thank you for all the useful information John. I had looked online and seen that they were poisonous, so am being careful. Didn't realise they were tender though, but I have a big cupboard which...
    Thank you for all the useful information John. I had looked online and seen that they were poisonous, so am being careful. Didn't realise they were tender though, but I have a big cupboard which is covered in plants in the spare room so I will pop them in there when the leaves appear out of the...
    Thank you for all the useful information John. I had looked online and seen that they were poisonous, so am being careful. Didn't realise they were tender though, but I have a big cupboard which is covered in plants in the spare room so I will...
    Thank you for all the useful information John. I had looked online and seen that they were poisonous, so am being careful. Didn't realise they were tender though, but I have a big cupboard which...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. IGraham

propagation day/ night temperature

Some seed of the South African bulbous plants appreciate a day/night temperature variation.
    Some seed of the South African bulbous plants appreciate a day/night temperature variation.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. hydrogardener
    Like x 3

Rooting cuttings indoors

Cute, reminds me of a ship in a bottle. My grandmother used to say: "There are more ways than one to skin a cat." Not that I remember the poor old dear ever skinning a cat.;)
    Cute, reminds me of a ship in a bottle. My grandmother used to say: "There are more ways than one to skin a cat." Not that I remember the poor old dear ever skinning a cat.;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jungle Jane

Taking Lavender Cuttings

I bought mine from Van Meuwen - about 20p each I think - tiny, but potted on for a season and planted out early Summer (no earlier!) and they were away. That's fine if you are happy with L....
    I bought mine from Van Meuwen - about 20p each I think - tiny, but potted on for a season and planted out early Summer (no earlier!) and they were away. That's fine if you are happy with L. Munstead ... I have since bought a few plants of specific variety that I am propagating up ready to...
    I bought mine from Van Meuwen - about 20p each I think - tiny, but potted on for a season and planted out early Summer (no earlier!) and they were away. That's fine if you are happy with L. Munstead ... I have since bought a few plants of...
    I bought mine from Van Meuwen - about 20p each I think - tiny, but potted on for a season and planted out early Summer (no earlier!) and they were away. That's fine if you are happy with L....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. DomCraig

Cool Wave trailing Pansies.

I've grown both summer and winter pansies and not excluded light but did keep them out of direct sunlight until they were almost ready to plant out.
    I've grown both summer and winter pansies and not excluded light but did keep them out of direct sunlight until they were almost ready to plant out.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. enchanté jardinier
    Like x 5

Cold Stratification Method - My Experiment !

I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too...
    I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too much water / not enough air. Personally I much prefer to use a couple of teaspoons of damp vermiculite...
    I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too much water / not enough air. Personally I much prefer...
    I know this is a popular method, but it has never worked for me. I find that using filter paper / kitchen towel I can never get the air / moisture balance correct. Its far too easy to have too...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Madahhlia

Pointy honesty seeds

Ah, thanks for that. Perennial ones'd be cool.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice