What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Beckie76
    Like x 9

Front porch turns into nursery!

I find it best to be less specific "I'll move them out at the weekend" you might get away with another couple of weekends indoor growing :fingers crossed:
    I find it best to be less specific "I'll move them out at the weekend" you might get away with another couple of weekends indoor growing :fingers crossed:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lolimac
    Like x 4

Sowing in leaf mould....

Get plugged in Lolli.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Susieshoe

Fermenting tomato seeds

It's very important to ferment your tomatoes
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kristen
    Like x 6

Lily Scaling

Tipped out the bags of lily scales in order to pot them up yesterday. Should have done it a while back as the roots were a bit matted ... I bought 5 lilies of each variety, and from each I...
    Tipped out the bags of lily scales in order to pot them up yesterday. Should have done it a while back as the roots were a bit matted ... I bought 5 lilies of each variety, and from each I took a couple of scales (could perhaps have taken more ...). I've potted up between 7 and 15 pots for...
    Tipped out the bags of lily scales in order to pot them up yesterday. Should have done it a while back as the roots were a bit matted ... I bought 5 lilies of each variety, and from each I took a couple of scales (could perhaps have taken...
    Tipped out the bags of lily scales in order to pot them up yesterday. Should have done it a while back as the roots were a bit matted ... I bought 5 lilies of each variety, and from each I...
    IMG_5856_LilyScaling.jpg IMG_5844_LilySeedlings.jpg IMG_5848_Holly.jpg DSC_0445.jpg IMG_6307_LilyScaling.jpg IMG_6306_LilyScaling.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. "M"
    Like x 4

My experiment with "cuttings" (and a question or three)

Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also...
    Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also originating from the willow. In days of yore (actually, days of mine :heehee: ) the herbalists/witchdoctors...
    Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also originating from the willow. In days of yore...
    Yes, that's where they got the name. The salicylic acid is derived from the bark of the willow and used quite a bit in skin care products. Commercial aspirin is Acetylsalicylic Acid. Also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. trogre

Growing on Seedlings

I think I would have thought that until I had one .... bit like Central Locking, I didn't know what a benefit it was until I had a car that had it ... :)
    I think I would have thought that until I had one .... bit like Central Locking, I didn't know what a benefit it was until I had a car that had it ... :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. CanadianLori

Never tried to root a tree cutting, need advice please

Lake Superior has lots of nice beaches to visit.. in the summer :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JackJJW

Sowing veg outside

No experience with Nigeria Victor, but I should imagine spinach would romp away as soon as temps pick up.
    No experience with Nigeria Victor, but I should imagine spinach would romp away as soon as temps pick up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. noisette47

DIY Propagator

:loll::loll::loll: Internet revolution???? Most French websites showcase their products and that's your lot. No prices, no order forms, sometimes a discreet section on nearest stockists if you're lucky. Some of...
    :loll::loll::loll: Internet revolution???? Most French websites showcase their products and that's your lot. No prices, no order forms, sometimes a discreet section on nearest stockists if you're lucky. Some of the bigger sites are into delivery to a nearby grocery, but it still costs the earth. Colossal NI...
    :loll::loll::loll: Internet revolution???? Most French websites showcase their products and that's your lot. No prices, no order forms, sometimes a discreet section on nearest stockists if you're lucky. Some of the bigger sites are into delivery to a nearby...
    :loll::loll::loll: Internet revolution???? Most French websites showcase their products and that's your lot. No prices, no order forms, sometimes a discreet section on nearest stockists if you're lucky. Some of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fat Controller

Vermiculite or Perlite

Well, the vermiculite was delivered today; stopping compost compaction is one of the key things I want from it really, and if it retains moisture whilst at it, so much the better.
    Well, the vermiculite was delivered today; stopping compost compaction is one of the key things I want from it really, and if it retains moisture whilst at it, so much the better.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sheal

Am I the April Fool.......

I don't suppose there is any chance that anyone has a rooted cutting of Hicote Giant is there? Been after that for some time ...
    I don't suppose there is any chance that anyone has a rooted cutting of Hicote Giant is there? Been after that for some time ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. CanadianLori

No seeds in Dwarf Dahlias?

Its amazing how big those tubers can get first year from seed. I grew those big 4ft /5ft high ones a long time ago from seed and the tubers were massive.
    Its amazing how big those tubers can get first year from seed. I grew those big 4ft /5ft high ones a long time ago from seed and the tubers were massive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mazambo

Blue Poppy

As your plants were sown last year and are not this year’s sowings, with this being the case then it should be fine to let the plants flower and yes you are definitely going to have flowers. Your...
    As your plants were sown last year and are not this year’s sowings, with this being the case then it should be fine to let the plants flower and yes you are definitely going to have flowers. Your plant looks reasonably big enough to survive flowering.@Perki is correct though, if the plants are...
    As your plants were sown last year and are not this year’s sowings, with this being the case then it should be fine to let the plants flower and yes you are definitely going to have flowers. Your plant looks reasonably big enough to survive...
    As your plants were sown last year and are not this year’s sowings, with this being the case then it should be fine to let the plants flower and yes you are definitely going to have flowers. Your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Irmemac

Struggling Sweet Peas

I did once before, and they seemed to do ok. I don't have anywhere that's sheltered enough to put them in the ground so this seems like the best option for this year. I'm sure yours will look...
    I did once before, and they seemed to do ok. I don't have anywhere that's sheltered enough to put them in the ground so this seems like the best option for this year. I'm sure yours will look lovely wherever you decide to put them :spinning:!
    I did once before, and they seemed to do ok. I don't have anywhere that's sheltered enough to put them in the ground so this seems like the best option for this year. I'm sure yours will look lovely wherever you decide to put them :spinning:!
    I did once before, and they seemed to do ok. I don't have anywhere that's sheltered enough to put them in the ground so this seems like the best option for this year. I'm sure yours will look...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Snorky85

London Pride

Agree, and I did ... from Shineyland :hapydancsmil: My variegated London Pride from Shineyland is a sort after "wannabe" amongst my garden club friends: now I have a grow house, they stand a chance of a...
    Agree, and I did ... from Shineyland :hapydancsmil: My variegated London Pride from Shineyland is a sort after "wannabe" amongst my garden club friends: now I have a grow house, they stand a chance of a cutting (or half :th scifD36: ) They can have a whole one is they give a contribution to "the cause" ;) :heehee: :thumbsup:
    Agree, and I did ... from Shineyland :hapydancsmil: My variegated London Pride from Shineyland is a sort after "wannabe" amongst my garden club friends: now I have a grow house, they stand a chance of a cutting (or half :th scifD36: ) They can have a whole one is they...
    Agree, and I did ... from Shineyland :hapydancsmil: My variegated London Pride from Shineyland is a sort after "wannabe" amongst my garden club friends: now I have a grow house, they stand a chance of a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jenny namaste
    Like x 4

Saving cuttings indoors over the Winter

That's kind! If I kill mine I may have to take you up on it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Michael Hewett

Cyclamen coum

I agree, they're so pretty. Can't wait to see mine flowering!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Craigy16ed

Sowing coleus

Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the...
    Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the flowering yet again.Iresine has never flowered for me in the last 10 yrs or so.
    Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the flowering yet again.Iresine has never flowered for...
    Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. raebhoop

Clematis Montana cuttings

I see that he has Alstromeria psittacina. Ask about it next time that you're there - it's one that I really recommend.
    I see that he has Alstromeria psittacina. Ask about it next time that you're there - it's one that I really recommend.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sal73

Growing iris from seeds

The Pacific Coast hybrid Iris do not like root disturbance so prick them out as small plants very carefully and get them growing on as quickly as possible into planting out size. I can get the...
    The Pacific Coast hybrid Iris do not like root disturbance so prick them out as small plants very carefully and get them growing on as quickly as possible into planting out size. I can get the seed of these to germinate like Cress, but getting them to reach flowering size is another matter.
    The Pacific Coast hybrid Iris do not like root disturbance so prick them out as small plants very carefully and get them growing on as quickly as possible into planting out size. I can get the seed of these to germinate like Cress, but getting...
    The Pacific Coast hybrid Iris do not like root disturbance so prick them out as small plants very carefully and get them growing on as quickly as possible into planting out size. I can get the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice