1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. ARMANDII

SOWING SEEDS - 2020

In the 2020 thread!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????Ah well that explains it then:heehee:
    In the 2020 thread!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????Ah well that explains it then:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. clueless1

Sowing seed collected this year

If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. ...
    If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. I'd cover the compost with something to deter moss growth (in case they take a long time to...
    If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. I'd cover the compost with something to deter moss...
    If you sow them and leave the container outside (perhaps covered so you can control the moisture, and not let it "flood" :), then it will get warm autumn and cold winter, just like Mother nature. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fat Controller

Sowing plan

Wow, I'm impressed at the organisation!!! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Royboy

Sowing in plug trays

Thank you for an interesting answer to all that responded, I have always wondered.
    Thank you for an interesting answer to all that responded, I have always wondered.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Lolimac
    Like x 4

Sowing in leaf mould....

Get plugged in Lolli.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wtluke

Sowing in a conservatory

No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or...
    No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or the branches become as hard as nails, but I thought something wispy and elegant might look nice,...
    No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or the branches become as hard as nails, but I...
    No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Craigy16ed

Sowing coleus

Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the...
    Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the flowering yet again.Iresine has never flowered for me in the last 10 yrs or so.
    Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the flowering yet again.Iresine has never flowered for...
    Coleus from seed, when I grew them years ago, were always flowering towards the end of the summer, and pinching them out just made the plant produce another couple of leaves before going on the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. andrews

Sowing Because You Can

Oh! what a relief. I thought I was the only one with a problem. Yes, been there done that. Got the tee shirt. Perhaps some members used to smoke. I did. Yes I found it the hardest thing to...
    Oh! what a relief. I thought I was the only one with a problem. Yes, been there done that. Got the tee shirt. Perhaps some members used to smoke. I did. Yes I found it the hardest thing to give up. I managed it back in the 1980's thanks to a severe dose of shingles.Garden thankfully is...
    Oh! what a relief. I thought I was the only one with a problem. Yes, been there done that. Got the tee shirt. Perhaps some members used to smoke. I did. Yes I found it the hardest thing to give up. I managed it back in the 1980's thanks to...
    Oh! what a relief. I thought I was the only one with a problem. Yes, been there done that. Got the tee shirt. Perhaps some members used to smoke. I did. Yes I found it the hardest thing to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R

Soil warming cable - Propogator

Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out...
    Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out with no more than about an inch between the runs of cable so there are no 'hot spots'. The heat is...
    Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out with no more than about an inch between the runs of...
    Thanks, TG Your greenhouse and propagator is a bit reminiscent of mine. But yours is much neater! I like your explanation so thanks very much. :dbgrtmb: The cable I have in mine is laid out...
    P1180849.JPG GH 130109 (1).jpg P1110660.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. the garden gnome

Soil question????

Hi there.You say your soil is slightly acidic, so I would assume it has a PH of around 6.5? And, when you say you want to bring the PH down, you mean you want it more acidic?
    Hi there.You say your soil is slightly acidic, so I would assume it has a PH of around 6.5? And, when you say you want to bring the PH down, you mean you want it more acidic?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. rustyroots

Small plot

Grow your courgettes up a tripod of canes. They need tieying in every so often, but the fruits are easy to see and it saves valuable space. I should concentrate on quick maturing and 'cut and...
    Grow your courgettes up a tripod of canes. They need tieying in every so often, but the fruits are easy to see and it saves valuable space. I should concentrate on quick maturing and 'cut and come again' veggies. Cheers, Tony.
    Grow your courgettes up a tripod of canes. They need tieying in every so often, but the fruits are easy to see and it saves valuable space. I should concentrate on quick maturing and 'cut and come again' veggies. Cheers, Tony.
    Grow your courgettes up a tripod of canes. They need tieying in every so often, but the fruits are easy to see and it saves valuable space. I should concentrate on quick maturing and 'cut and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Upsydaisy

Should I wait a bit longer....

Ok thanks pete...I'll tackle it tomorrow.:):blue thumb:I'll leave you in peace to continue in your recovery now.:biggrin:
    Ok thanks pete...I'll tackle it tomorrow.:):blue thumb:I'll leave you in peace to continue in your recovery now.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. longk
    Like x 3

Seeds to sow now for the spring

In pots which are in the coldframe.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Craigy16ed

Seeds sown a little bit early

My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or...
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or might I be doing something wrong?
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or might I be doing something wrong?
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Aldo

Seeds left exposed to heater - what temperature would damage them?

@NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they...
    @NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they grow, I love broad beans but did not get much at all from my first attempts this Summer.
    @NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they grow, I love broad beans but did not get much at all...
    @NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jiffy

Seeds from berries

Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit...
    Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit card (as distinct from debit card I believe) the transaction is with the credit card company, so no...
    Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit card (as distinct from debit card I believe) the...
    Sorry to hear that. My credit card company has always taken my word for it when a transaction has gone wrong and refunded my account and then, presumably, gone after the supplier. With credit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kristen
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. TheFitGardener

Seedlings domant ?

Too early. The heat of the house has got them to germinate and now that they're out they've discovered that there is sod all decent light. As the days lengthen hopefully they will wake up.
    Too early. The heat of the house has got them to germinate and now that they're out they've discovered that there is sod all decent light. As the days lengthen hopefully they will wake up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Fat Controller

Seed sowing tools

FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand is a very good method , the link below shows very well how this is done , plus lots of other good...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand is a very good method , the link below shows very...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Balc
    Like x 5

Seed sowing 2022

I sow Sweet Peas in toilet roll tubes half filled with potting compost and topped off with seed compost. A sowing a few weeks back left a few tubes with "no shows" so the next sowing I just popped...
    I sow Sweet Peas in toilet roll tubes half filled with potting compost and topped off with seed compost. A sowing a few weeks back left a few tubes with "no shows" so the next sowing I just popped further seeds in these tubes and other fresh tubes. And yes, "no shows" again in these tubes though...
    I sow Sweet Peas in toilet roll tubes half filled with potting compost and topped off with seed compost. A sowing a few weeks back left a few tubes with "no shows" so the next sowing I just popped further seeds in these tubes and other fresh...
    I sow Sweet Peas in toilet roll tubes half filled with potting compost and topped off with seed compost. A sowing a few weeks back left a few tubes with "no shows" so the next sowing I just popped...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice