1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Kristen
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. liliana

What seeds do you sow in January?

I've set off a total of 80 correopsis seeds yesterday in my new grow box.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jason85

What are you up to today

Total cost on the decking is £65 so far, when I'm done I'll put on a post so everyone can do a diy deck and I'll explain how I done it
    Total cost on the decking is £65 so far, when I'm done I'll put on a post so everyone can do a diy deck and I'll explain how I done it
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII
    Funny x 9

NOW I KNOW I SOWED NICOTIANA

Oh, do come on, longk!!!,.........this me and gardening you're talking about:doh::hate-shocked::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Oh, do come on, longk!!!,.........this me and gardening you're talking about:doh::hate-shocked::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. CanadianLori

Never tried to root a tree cutting, need advice please

Lake Superior has lots of nice beaches to visit.. in the summer :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. begoodian

Potting on seedlings

Seedlings tend not to worry too much about the exact potting compost, or even the exact watering. But I think the cold gets to everything.
    Seedlings tend not to worry too much about the exact potting compost, or even the exact watering. But I think the cold gets to everything.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wtluke

Sowing in a conservatory

No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or...
    No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or the branches become as hard as nails, but I thought something wispy and elegant might look nice,...
    No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or the branches become as hard as nails, but I...
    No worries! That's the one! Excellent. I'll try that. Any suggestions for vine-like things to grow up, and potentially over, some of the conservatory? Don't want it to damage the glass or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lolimac
    Informative x 3

Geranium cuttings....

You will be safe as long as you are not a mollusc.....:whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. pamsdish
    Informative x 4

Dividing Plants Guide

Thanks Pamsdish, that's a great thread. Was just wondering if there was anything I could divide now. Best wait.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Pamsdish, that's a great thread. Was just wondering if there was anything I could divide now. Best wait.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kristen
    Informative x 5

Sowing seeds in "topping substrate"

I came across this technique about 10 years ago in Creative Propagation by Peter Thompson 2nd edition and have used it every year since. Generally works well apart from the occasional cock up on...
    I came across this technique about 10 years ago in Creative Propagation by Peter Thompson 2nd edition and have used it every year since. Generally works well apart from the occasional cock up on my part; like using what is available as grit, rather than getting the 6mm recommended. Try and avoid...
    I came across this technique about 10 years ago in Creative Propagation by Peter Thompson 2nd edition and have used it every year since. Generally works well apart from the occasional cock up on my part; like using what is available as grit,...
    I came across this technique about 10 years ago in Creative Propagation by Peter Thompson 2nd edition and have used it every year since. Generally works well apart from the occasional cock up on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Allan Hodgson

Privet cuttings

here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all...
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all together.
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all together.
    here you go some of the photos are hard to judge but the holes in photo 1, 3 and 4 are all big enough to fit a medium sized dog through the other photos are areas which need a new hedge all...
    IMAG0184.jpg IMAG0183.jpg IMAG0182.jpg IMAG0181.jpg IMAG0180.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fat Controller

Tuber overwintering

Now that's what you call a Dahlia !!!! Up to 30 feet tall.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Monica63

Cuttings from Red Robin Laurel?

I just did this with laurel. A lot cruder though!! Trimmed a hedge and cut some of the clippings above leaf joint took some of the leaves off. Stuck 100 of them in the ground fingers crossed a few...
    I just did this with laurel. A lot cruder though!! Trimmed a hedge and cut some of the clippings above leaf joint took some of the leaves off. Stuck 100 of them in the ground fingers crossed a few will grow. If not..... Oh well..... No harm. will do the same in Autumn when I trim it again...
    I just did this with laurel. A lot cruder though!! Trimmed a hedge and cut some of the clippings above leaf joint took some of the leaves off. Stuck 100 of them in the ground fingers crossed a few will grow. If not..... Oh well..... No harm. ...
    I just did this with laurel. A lot cruder though!! Trimmed a hedge and cut some of the clippings above leaf joint took some of the leaves off. Stuck 100 of them in the ground fingers crossed a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ARMANDII

SOWING SEEDS - 2020

In the 2020 thread!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????Ah well that explains it then:heehee:
    In the 2020 thread!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????Ah well that explains it then:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. intel

Plug Plant Trainer

On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by...
    On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by improvising.
    On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by improvising.
    On a more general note; looking back I realise I spent and wasted a lot of money buying all sorts of things when I started gardening. Its amazing how you can get the same results much cheaper by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. stephenprudence

A little worried regarding seeds

How about: just like the movies: "There is trouble ahead, take the kids and stay with your sister for a few weeks" :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:
    How about: just like the movies: "There is trouble ahead, take the kids and stay with your sister for a few weeks" :heehee: :heehee: :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Aldo

Seeds left exposed to heater - what temperature would damage them?

@NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they...
    @NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they grow, I love broad beans but did not get much at all from my first attempts this Summer.
    @NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they grow, I love broad beans but did not get much at all...
    @NigelJ Thanks so much! All clear, I will sow mine in pots this weekend I think, and bide my time for a dryish and frost free few days once they are ready and hardened off. I really hope they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sheal
    Like x 4

A novel way to grow a pine

Congratulations to your sister. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wiseowl

Seed Sowing 2023

Link to new threadSeed sowing 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jenny namaste
    Like x 4

Saving cuttings indoors over the Winter

That's kind! If I kill mine I may have to take you up on it!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice