1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. JackJJW

Droopy Lupy(ins)

As Jazz has said 'Snow Pixie' is unusually an annual, not a perennial. Jack, I'd remove the Lupin's from the light box as it's probably to hot in there and then treat them the same as any other...
    As Jazz has said 'Snow Pixie' is unusually an annual, not a perennial. Jack, I'd remove the Lupin's from the light box as it's probably to hot in there and then treat them the same as any other annual. Grow them on in as much light (but not full sun) as possible and then harden them off...
    As Jazz has said 'Snow Pixie' is unusually an annual, not a perennial. Jack, I'd remove the Lupin's from the light box as it's probably to hot in there and then treat them the same as any other annual. Grow them on in as much light (but not full...
    As Jazz has said 'Snow Pixie' is unusually an annual, not a perennial. Jack, I'd remove the Lupin's from the light box as it's probably to hot in there and then treat them the same as any other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sheal

Am I the April Fool.......

I don't suppose there is any chance that anyone has a rooted cutting of Hicote Giant is there? Been after that for some time ...
    I don't suppose there is any chance that anyone has a rooted cutting of Hicote Giant is there? Been after that for some time ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Craigy16ed

Seeds sown a little bit early

My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or...
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or might I be doing something wrong?
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or might I be doing something wrong?
    My seedlings are at the 4 week mark and they were all doing really well but the leaves on some have recently started curling slightly and others look a bit crumpled. Is this normal at this age or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JackJJW

Sowing veg outside

No experience with Nigeria Victor, but I should imagine spinach would romp away as soon as temps pick up.
    No experience with Nigeria Victor, but I should imagine spinach would romp away as soon as temps pick up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JWK

Clematis armandii propagation

Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Thanks @Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Blue arbour

French lavender and rosemary cuttings

It looks silly that I say they prefer it dry then agree with in water. :rolleyespink: I do Oleander and Hibiscus in either water to root or directly in compost. A lot of these shrub cuttings root either way...
    It looks silly that I say they prefer it dry then agree with in water. :rolleyespink: I do Oleander and Hibiscus in either water to root or directly in compost. A lot of these shrub cuttings root either way but in water is quicker to root then plant into compost.
    It looks silly that I say they prefer it dry then agree with in water. :rolleyespink: I do Oleander and Hibiscus in either water to root or directly in compost. A lot of these shrub cuttings root either way but in water is quicker to root then plant into...
    It looks silly that I say they prefer it dry then agree with in water. :rolleyespink: I do Oleander and Hibiscus in either water to root or directly in compost. A lot of these shrub cuttings root either way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Chris53

Propagating cuttings - condensation question

Chris its best not to cover Geraniums with a plastic bag . They do not need the extra humidity , and are prone to stem rot if too wet . They should germinate fine without covering . I leave them...
    Chris its best not to cover Geraniums with a plastic bag . They do not need the extra humidity , and are prone to stem rot if too wet . They should germinate fine without covering . I leave them for about 10 weeks and then pot them on .
    Chris its best not to cover Geraniums with a plastic bag . They do not need the extra humidity , and are prone to stem rot if too wet . They should germinate fine without covering . I leave them for about 10 weeks and then pot them on .
    Chris its best not to cover Geraniums with a plastic bag . They do not need the extra humidity , and are prone to stem rot if too wet . They should germinate fine without covering . I leave them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JackJJW

Light box and capillary matting - fungal diseases

Cheshunt Compound was a godsend IMO but now I mist with diluted camomile tea ,it worked for last years seedlings.:thumbsup: Just an idea @JackJJW ...Maybe a small fan to circulate the air occaisionally...
    Cheshunt Compound was a godsend IMO but now I mist with diluted camomile tea ,it worked for last years seedlings.:thumbsup: Just an idea @JackJJW ...Maybe a small fan to circulate the air occaisionally might prevent it.:dunno:I'm going to try cornmeal round the base of my Roses,said to prevent black...
    Cheshunt Compound was a godsend IMO but now I mist with diluted camomile tea ,it worked for last years seedlings.:thumbsup: Just an idea @JackJJW ...Maybe a small fan to circulate the air occaisionally might prevent it.:dunno:I'm going to try cornmeal round the...
    Cheshunt Compound was a godsend IMO but now I mist with diluted camomile tea ,it worked for last years seedlings.:thumbsup: Just an idea @JackJJW ...Maybe a small fan to circulate the air occaisionally...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. CanadianLori

No seeds in Dwarf Dahlias?

Its amazing how big those tubers can get first year from seed. I grew those big 4ft /5ft high ones a long time ago from seed and the tubers were massive.
    Its amazing how big those tubers can get first year from seed. I grew those big 4ft /5ft high ones a long time ago from seed and the tubers were massive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Susieshoe

Fermenting tomato seeds

It's very important to ferment your tomatoes
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Fat Controller

Seed sowing tools

FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand is a very good method , the link below shows very well how this is done , plus lots of other good...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand is a very good method , the link below shows very...
    FC , Longk has a good point above. As the germination rate is very low on Petunia seeds , it is probably not worthwhile to single seed sew in a multi cell tray. Mixing tiny seeds with silver sand...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lowrider69
    Locked Redirect

Sowing seeds 2019?

Now thats a thought I dont have any small tables or stools, but will ask family members :)
    Now thats a thought I dont have any small tables or stools, but will ask family members :)
    Replies:
    Views:
    N/A
  13. athol

first try at germinating clivia seeds

Clivia = patience!They are slow!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. "M"

Heated Propagator

I warmed mine up a few weeks ago as I was taking a few cuttings, thought a bit of bottom heat couldn't hurt.:)
    I warmed mine up a few weeks ago as I was taking a few cuttings, thought a bit of bottom heat couldn't hurt.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sian in Belgium

When to lift and divide snowdrops

Well, the sunshine beckoned outside, and the large clumps of snowdrops have been lifted and replanted within about 30 mins of coming out of the ground, so they should not have dried out. About to...
    Well, the sunshine beckoned outside, and the large clumps of snowdrops have been lifted and replanted within about 30 mins of coming out of the ground, so they should not have dried out. About to go around and water them in, as we have no rain forecast for the next 5 days...
    Well, the sunshine beckoned outside, and the large clumps of snowdrops have been lifted and replanted within about 30 mins of coming out of the ground, so they should not have dried out. About to go around and water them in, as we have no rain...
    Well, the sunshine beckoned outside, and the large clumps of snowdrops have been lifted and replanted within about 30 mins of coming out of the ground, so they should not have dried out. About to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kristen

Cuttings - Late Starting this Year

Its meant to increase the chances of rooting tricky shrubs and trees. You slice through the stem of the potential cutting just above the bottom nodes, then insert cocktail stick or toothpick to...
    Its meant to increase the chances of rooting tricky shrubs and trees. You slice through the stem of the potential cutting just above the bottom nodes, then insert cocktail stick or toothpick to hold the cut open. It let's a callous form before removing the cutting, which is done in October or...
    Its meant to increase the chances of rooting tricky shrubs and trees. You slice through the stem of the potential cutting just above the bottom nodes, then insert cocktail stick or toothpick to hold the cut open. It let's a callous form before...
    Its meant to increase the chances of rooting tricky shrubs and trees. You slice through the stem of the potential cutting just above the bottom nodes, then insert cocktail stick or toothpick to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lorea

Astrantia from seed

I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well...
    I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well dodgy - after watering, the stuff which came out of the bottom of the pots looked like tea! All the...
    I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well dodgy - after watering, the stuff which came out of...
    I use MP compost from Leroy Merlin, mixed with a bit of sharp sand. They have different prices, so not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I did have some last year which was well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ricky101

Pelargonium Cuttings

Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings...
    Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings can be taken at almost any time year, there are snags. The prosective plant material may be too new,...
    Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings can be taken at almost any time year, there are...
    Possibly two popular plants are Pelargoniums and Fuchsias. They will tolerate some harsh treatmens at times, and perhaps for the average gardener, they are easy to propagate. Although cuttings...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Julie D

Seed advice!!!

Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. ...
    Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. Last year I grew 4 varieties from seed but didnt sow until mid summer. The plants grew very well...
    Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. Last year I grew 4 varieties from seed but didnt...
    Thanks again everyone for their feedback, advice and for making feel at home.I should mention I have heard the stories about growing rhubarb from seed but like to learn from my own e perience. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. BastLoki

Germinating Courgette seeds?

...and sow them on their "edge", not flat. Steve...:)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice