1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Roses

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Sandy Ground

Black Spot thoughts

Sounds lovely Sandy Ground, the scent of roses is so evocative of a Summer’s day, and I am an inveterate rose sniffer whenever I come across them.
    Sounds lovely Sandy Ground, the scent of roses is so evocative of a Summer’s day, and I am an inveterate rose sniffer whenever I come across them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Friendly x 3

ROSE PROBLEMS/BLACK SPOT/ Etc

CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects...
    CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects have no effect on your Rose they can be wiped off by hand or or dislodged with a jet of water from...
    CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects have no effect on your Rose they can be wiped off by...
    CUCKOO SPIT Cuckoo Spit to me caused by Spittlebugs common name Froghoppers each blob contains a creamy white insect nymph up to 4-6mm (¼in) longApart from producing the "Spit" these insects...
    18cc0b5799bb2ccd75941b9f866888b0--trimming-roses-trim-roses.jpg 789-Rose-Pruning-Diagram.jpg Capture.JPG 74b6f1e8-5b17-11e5-91ef-1b38574a319f-316x316.jpg Sulphur.JPG cuckoo Spit.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Like x 11

The History Of The Peace Rose

Always had a least one in all of my childhood gardens as it was my Mums favourite.We use to collect the petals and make up a concoction ...then proudly present her with a very dubious looking...
    Always had a least one in all of my childhood gardens as it was my Mums favourite.We use to collect the petals and make up a concoction ...then proudly present her with a very dubious looking bottle of homemade perfume. Bless her, she always put on a surprised look ( as adults we now think it...
    Always had a least one in all of my childhood gardens as it was my Mums favourite.We use to collect the petals and make up a concoction ...then proudly present her with a very dubious looking bottle of homemade perfume. Bless her, she always...
    Always had a least one in all of my childhood gardens as it was my Mums favourite.We use to collect the petals and make up a concoction ...then proudly present her with a very dubious looking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl

Members Roses 2024

I've got a couple of tiny buds on my Palais Biron. Completely covered in aphids. I did wipe them off, but they're very determined. Hopefully they won't affect the blooms too badly, it was my...
    I've got a couple of tiny buds on my Palais Biron. Completely covered in aphids. I did wipe them off, but they're very determined. Hopefully they won't affect the blooms too badly, it was my favorite last year.
    I've got a couple of tiny buds on my Palais Biron. Completely covered in aphids. I did wipe them off, but they're very determined. Hopefully they won't affect the blooms too badly, it was my favorite last year.
    I've got a couple of tiny buds on my Palais Biron. Completely covered in aphids. I did wipe them off, but they're very determined. Hopefully they won't affect the blooms too badly, it was my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Like x 3

The Seven Groups Of Roses

thanks for the info, I was reading about Hybrid Teas & Floribunda Roses, and started to try an work out what group my Climbing roses fell into , this thread has explained very easily that my...
    thanks for the info, I was reading about Hybrid Teas & Floribunda Roses, and started to try an work out what group my Climbing roses fell into , this thread has explained very easily that my climbers are a group in themselves and that a few other groups exist. Very new to roses so just having a...
    thanks for the info, I was reading about Hybrid Teas & Floribunda Roses, and started to try an work out what group my Climbing roses fell into , this thread has explained very easily that my climbers are a group in themselves and that a few other...
    thanks for the info, I was reading about Hybrid Teas & Floribunda Roses, and started to try an work out what group my Climbing roses fell into , this thread has explained very easily that my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. wiseowl
    Useful x 7

Pot Sizes

Thank you, That is going to be really helpful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl

ITS A GOOD TIME TO PRUNE YOUR ROSES

Good afternoon @Perki my friend I always say that in the garden rules are meant to guide you and not to bind you especially with Roses but I still make a cut at a 45-degree angle about 1/4 inch...
    Good afternoon @Perki my friend I always say that in the garden rules are meant to guide you and not to bind you especially with Roses but I still make a cut at a 45-degree angle about 1/4 inch above the bud, slanting away from the bud and I still teach my students that an angled cut allows...
    Good afternoon @Perki my friend I always say that in the garden rules are meant to guide you and not to bind you especially with Roses but I still make a cut at a 45-degree angle about 1/4 inch above the bud, slanting away from the bud and I...
    Good afternoon @Perki my friend I always say that in the garden rules are meant to guide you and not to bind you especially with Roses but I still make a cut at a 45-degree angle about 1/4 inch...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky

Growing Roses In Pots/Containers

Growing Roses In Pots/ContainersRoses can be grown in any pot /Container which has sufficient soil to relate to their growth;the bigger the Rose is intended to be,then the larger the container.A...
    Growing Roses In Pots/ContainersRoses can be grown in any pot /Container which has sufficient soil to relate to their growth;the bigger the Rose is intended to be,then the larger the container.A young Rose can be started in container smaller than eventually necessary and repotted as it becomes...
    Growing Roses In Pots/ContainersRoses can be grown in any pot /Container which has sufficient soil to relate to their growth;the bigger the Rose is intended to be,then the larger the container.A young Rose can be started in container smaller...
    Growing Roses In Pots/ContainersRoses can be grown in any pot /Container which has sufficient soil to relate to their growth;the bigger the Rose is intended to be,then the larger the container.A...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky

Rose Replant Disease

Some gardeners have used a cardboard box with the bottom removed to line the hole; by the time the cardboard rots away, the plant has established,problems with tired soil? Trying to plant a rose...
    Some gardeners have used a cardboard box with the bottom removed to line the hole; by the time the cardboard rots away, the plant has established,problems with tired soil? Trying to plant a rose where one has been in the last 2 years? You could suffer from rose replant disease and the rose could...
    Some gardeners have used a cardboard box with the bottom removed to line the hole; by the time the cardboard rots away, the plant has established,problems with tired soil? Trying to plant a rose where one has been in the last 2 years? You could...
    Some gardeners have used a cardboard box with the bottom removed to line the hole; by the time the cardboard rots away, the plant has established,problems with tired soil? Trying to plant a rose...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 4

Propagating A Rose By Taking A Cutting

ROSE CUTTINGS This is the way that I have done it in the past when cars had solid tyres:heehee::heehee::heehee: In late Summer or early Autumn cut a piece of stemup to about 23 cm (9 inches) in length,with about 4 or 5...
    ROSE CUTTINGS This is the way that I have done it in the past when cars had solid tyres:heehee::heehee::heehee: In late Summer or early Autumn cut a piece of stemup to about 23 cm (9 inches) in length,with about 4 or 5 leaves,from the stock plant.Remove all except the top two leaf shoots but keep the buds.Cut the...
    ROSE CUTTINGS This is the way that I have done it in the past when cars had solid tyres:heehee::heehee::heehee: In late Summer or early Autumn cut a piece of stemup to about 23 cm (9 inches) in length,with about 4 or 5 leaves,from the stock plant.Remove all except the...
    ROSE CUTTINGS This is the way that I have done it in the past when cars had solid tyres:heehee::heehee::heehee: In late Summer or early Autumn cut a piece of stemup to about 23 cm (9 inches) in length,with about 4 or 5...
    P1340546.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl
    Like x 11

Rose Of The Year 2024

Oh thank you, I might have to have a look. I have not bought roses from them before.
    Oh thank you, I might have to have a look. I have not bought roses from them before.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13.   » Normal Threads
  14. oakdaledave

7 leaves on rose stems

Hi Oakdaledave have you a name and cultivar for this rose and perhaps a Photo,it would be a great help if you have this information,Thank you:)
    Hi Oakdaledave have you a name and cultivar for this rose and perhaps a Photo,it would be a great help if you have this information,Thank you:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Hannah's Rose Garden
    Like x 7

My little rose garden

Welcome back Hannah. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII
    Like x 7

ONLY A ROSE - 2015

Good evening @Gay Gardener my friend you are most welcome,but you must take a lot of the credit as I can only offer advice ,you have done a grand job ,I remember your Rose well
    Good evening @Gay Gardener my friend you are most welcome,but you must take a lot of the credit as I can only offer advice ,you have done a grand job ,I remember your Rose well
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jenny namaste
    Like x 4

Only a rose....

Sorry, Mereworld, been duelling with Mum on the Word Games:doh: ......a mental carry over, now amended.:heehee:
    Sorry, Mereworld, been duelling with Mum on the Word Games:doh: ......a mental carry over, now amended.:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Small orange giraffe

How fast do climbing roses grow?

The saying is 1st year sleep, 2nd year creep, 3rd year leap. Having said that however we planted Calypso in Nov 2005 it's now flowering at about 7'6" (2.25M) So you pays your money and takes your...
    The saying is 1st year sleep, 2nd year creep, 3rd year leap. Having said that however we planted Calypso in Nov 2005 it's now flowering at about 7'6" (2.25M) So you pays your money and takes your chance.Cheers MIKE
    The saying is 1st year sleep, 2nd year creep, 3rd year leap. Having said that however we planted Calypso in Nov 2005 it's now flowering at about 7'6" (2.25M) So you pays your money and takes your chance.Cheers MIKE
    The saying is 1st year sleep, 2nd year creep, 3rd year leap. Having said that however we planted Calypso in Nov 2005 it's now flowering at about 7'6" (2.25M) So you pays your money and takes your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Rose report

What a great job you have done Woo! If I remember, at the time you were worried you might have been a little to hard on them, they've certainly done you justice with their return to form. Wonderful! :dbgrtmb:
    What a great job you have done Woo! If I remember, at the time you were worried you might have been a little to hard on them, they've certainly done you justice with their return to form. Wonderful! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl

Members Roses 2011

All I do is give them some banananana skins :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Cookie Monster

Helen Cushing Rose

Welcome to Gardeners Corner Andy. :) I'd just like to point out this thread is over five years old and Cookie Monster hasn't posted for over a year.
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Andy. :) I'd just like to point out this thread is over five years old and Cookie Monster hasn't posted for over a year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. wiseowl
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. wiseowl
    Informative x 3

Growing Roses from Rose Hips

The seedpod of a rose is called a rose hip.Propagating your roses with the rose hips grown off your own rose bushes is a great way to grow more of the bushes you love and even develop new...
    The seedpod of a rose is called a rose hip.Propagating your roses with the rose hips grown off your own rose bushes is a great way to grow more of the bushes you love and even develop new hybridized bushes from your own garden. The process of getting seeds to sprout, however, takes a few...
    The seedpod of a rose is called a rose hip.Propagating your roses with the rose hips grown off your own rose bushes is a great way to grow more of the bushes you love and even develop new hybridized bushes from your own garden. The process of...
    The seedpod of a rose is called a rose hip.Propagating your roses with the rose hips grown off your own rose bushes is a great way to grow more of the bushes you love and even develop new...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Val..

Can I plant a rose here?

Hi Val yes a lovely Rose this is mine:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. *dim*

Most Fragrant Rose?

As far as fragrant roses go, Hans' post has reminded me that nothing much beats Mme Isaac Pereire's powerful scent. She's large, brash, blowsy and delicious.
    As far as fragrant roses go, Hans' post has reminded me that nothing much beats Mme Isaac Pereire's powerful scent. She's large, brash, blowsy and delicious.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Smiffy

Fish Blood and Bone - Versus - Rose Food

Healthy roots equals a stonger plant which can grow better. For a lot of the more tender plants i am keen to get the roots well established before they push out top growth. For things like palms...
    Healthy roots equals a stonger plant which can grow better. For a lot of the more tender plants i am keen to get the roots well established before they push out top growth. For things like palms it does help them get though winter.I would have thought that all plants beneft from a better...
    Healthy roots equals a stonger plant which can grow better. For a lot of the more tender plants i am keen to get the roots well established before they push out top growth. For things like palms it does help them get though winter.I would...
    Healthy roots equals a stonger plant which can grow better. For a lot of the more tender plants i am keen to get the roots well established before they push out top growth. For things like palms...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. gsmilingfish

Climbing rose single stem - remove?

Ok WOO, I had my doubts about it, just thought I'd ask. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Chockyice

Best Climbing Roses

Totally agree with Woo and Lollipop - Zephirine Drouhin is disease prone. Disease rarely kills roses but you have to keep spraying to keep susceptible plants looking good. Also, it is a vivid...
    Totally agree with Woo and Lollipop - Zephirine Drouhin is disease prone. Disease rarely kills roses but you have to keep spraying to keep susceptible plants looking good. Also, it is a vivid magenta, which can be a little hard on the eye, depending on what you intend to grow near it. As Woo...
    Totally agree with Woo and Lollipop - Zephirine Drouhin is disease prone. Disease rarely kills roses but you have to keep spraying to keep susceptible plants looking good. Also, it is a vivid magenta, which can be a little hard on the eye,...
    Totally agree with Woo and Lollipop - Zephirine Drouhin is disease prone. Disease rarely kills roses but you have to keep spraying to keep susceptible plants looking good. Also, it is a vivid...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Jenny namaste
    Like x 6

Only a rose 2014

Good evening Mondo why change the habit of a lifetime:lunapic 130165696578242 5:You are quite right Mondo I just offered the translation Joie de Vivre; I never check my friends Rose names unless I am asked,in any case my...
    Good evening Mondo why change the habit of a lifetime:lunapic 130165696578242 5:You are quite right Mondo I just offered the translation Joie de Vivre; I never check my friends Rose names unless I am asked,in any case my friend its definitely a Rose :heehee:
    Good evening Mondo why change the habit of a lifetime:lunapic 130165696578242 5:You are quite right Mondo I just offered the translation Joie de Vivre; I never check my friends Rose names unless I am asked,in any case my friend its definitely a Rose :heehee:
    Good evening Mondo why change the habit of a lifetime:lunapic 130165696578242 5:You are quite right Mondo I just offered the translation Joie de Vivre; I never check my friends Rose names unless I am asked,in any case my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Sheal

Buying Roses

Good morning Sian I am so pleased for you and your success with your transplanting your Winchester Cathedral Rose and congratulations,it just goes to show that although their are rules in the Rose...
    Good morning Sian I am so pleased for you and your success with your transplanting your Winchester Cathedral Rose and congratulations,it just goes to show that although their are rules in the Rose world,they are only their to guide you not bind you;)I often move roses at any time of the year...
    Good morning Sian I am so pleased for you and your success with your transplanting your Winchester Cathedral Rose and congratulations,it just goes to show that although their are rules in the Rose world,they are only their to guide you not bind...
    Good morning Sian I am so pleased for you and your success with your transplanting your Winchester Cathedral Rose and congratulations,it just goes to show that although their are rules in the Rose...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Gretzky

food for roses

Hi Gretzky no worries it was my pleasure. :) I will send some more once I have sorted some out my friend,Cobham Hall yes I still occasionally pop back there,its only 10 minutes from me,a trip down...
    Hi Gretzky no worries it was my pleasure. :) I will send some more once I have sorted some out my friend,Cobham Hall yes I still occasionally pop back there,its only 10 minutes from me,a trip down memory lane:)
    Hi Gretzky no worries it was my pleasure. :) I will send some more once I have sorted some out my friend,Cobham Hall yes I still occasionally pop back there,its only 10 minutes from me,a trip down memory lane:)
    Hi Gretzky no worries it was my pleasure. :) I will send some more once I have sorted some out my friend,Cobham Hall yes I still occasionally pop back there,its only 10 minutes from me,a trip down...
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. robgil

Rose cuttings?

They look healthy Loli! Looking forward to seeing them in bloom. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. wiseowl

2010 rose of the year

Those are all so pretty.
    Those are all so pretty.
    Those are all so pretty.
    Those are all so pretty.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice