1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Felco FEL2 Model 2 Original Secateurs

Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to...
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to him in my will!! :heehee: :imphrt: He would also like my cottage too!! :wub2: Love that boy !
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to him in my will!! :heehee: :imphrt: He would also like my cottage...
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. RDB85

Petrol Scarifier buying advice

Found a Hayter SP36 £295. With £50 delivery. In excellent almost new condition. No damage whatsoever.
    Found a Hayter SP36 £295. With £50 delivery. In excellent almost new condition. No damage whatsoever.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Linz

Need a new mower

That looks amazing for £45 . Reviews are very good as well . May not last as long as premium brands , but I'm sure you'll get at least 5 seasons out of it :blue thumb:
    That looks amazing for £45 . Reviews are very good as well . May not last as long as premium brands , but I'm sure you'll get at least 5 seasons out of it :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. weedaway

Which Lawn Mower Would You Choose

I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all of my previous mowers would get the leaves wound around the centre spindle like thick lengths of...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all of my previous mowers would get the leaves wound...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. J S Country Tools

What's your favourite hand tool?

Just purchased a mini pick mattock - this little beauty is invaluable for lifting compacted clay soil :blue thumb:. Saves loads of time which would have otherwise been spent digging over with a fork and spade.
    Just purchased a mini pick mattock - this little beauty is invaluable for lifting compacted clay soil :blue thumb:. Saves loads of time which would have otherwise been spent digging over with a fork and spade.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Loofah

Pole/extendable hedge trimmer

The double bevelled edges it refers to may, possibly, mean hollow ground (although it wouldn't, technically, be quite correct).
    The double bevelled edges it refers to may, possibly, mean hollow ground (although it wouldn't, technically, be quite correct).
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lolimac
    Like x 8

What is your favorite/most useful garden tool ?

Just ordered these two, hopefully will be even better than their JB counterparts. :)Border Fork - RHS EndorsedRound Tined Fork - RHS EndorsedNick
    Just ordered these two, hopefully will be even better than their JB counterparts. :)Border Fork - RHS EndorsedRound Tined Fork - RHS EndorsedNick
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Scrungee

Solid Rubber Tyre Wheelbarrow

This is the wheelbarrow folks.CHASSEUR 90 Ltr
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Fat Controller

Irrigation system

Exactly as I was intending - I have two sides, so I was thinking to run two normal hose lengths, one up each side of the garden, then attached to the soaker hoses that are laid out in the borders....
    Exactly as I was intending - I have two sides, so I was thinking to run two normal hose lengths, one up each side of the garden, then attached to the soaker hoses that are laid out in the borders. I've already got the 4-way manifold and that has the ability of turning on whichever one you want...
    Exactly as I was intending - I have two sides, so I was thinking to run two normal hose lengths, one up each side of the garden, then attached to the soaker hoses that are laid out in the borders. I've already got the 4-way manifold and that has...
    Exactly as I was intending - I have two sides, so I was thinking to run two normal hose lengths, one up each side of the garden, then attached to the soaker hoses that are laid out in the borders....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fat Controller

Hozelock - product quality poll

I've got that one too Kristen and it hasn't been used since my son left home two years ago!
    I've got that one too Kristen and it hasn't been used since my son left home two years ago!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. chitting kaz

IBC water containers ???

but ziggy i am on a meter :cry3:and i am staying here:cry3:why do you think i have so many butts :scratch::heehee:
    but ziggy i am on a meter :cry3:and i am staying here:cry3:why do you think i have so many butts :scratch::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. use to be gardener

your favourite tool/equipment for gardening

Long handled spade - no back ache!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. PJA190

Beginner - What tools do I need?

I agree , great tools , not the cheapest , but built like tanks and will last for ever. German engineering !!
    I agree , great tools , not the cheapest , but built like tanks and will last for ever. German engineering !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. WeeTam

Oil for your Lawnmowers ?

Once the fingers/hands suffer damage from vibration, its not something that gets better over time. Its a permanent injury.There are a few things that can be done though. The most stupid...
    Once the fingers/hands suffer damage from vibration, its not something that gets better over time. Its a permanent injury.There are a few things that can be done though. The most stupid sounding, if the handles are tubular steel, is to drill and tap a hole in them, fill them with sand, then...
    Once the fingers/hands suffer damage from vibration, its not something that gets better over time. Its a permanent injury.There are a few things that can be done though. The most stupid sounding, if the handles are tubular steel, is to drill...
    Once the fingers/hands suffer damage from vibration, its not something that gets better over time. Its a permanent injury.There are a few things that can be done though. The most stupid...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. merleworld

Recommendations for decent secateurs

Think I'm going to HAVE to 'go to check out':doh:Update...Got 'um:dancy:....arrived in 3 days:dbgrtmb:....I think my garden is scared of me now:yikes: anything that can be pruned is being pruned.They're great to use:thumbsup:
    Think I'm going to HAVE to 'go to check out':doh:Update...Got 'um:dancy:....arrived in 3 days:dbgrtmb:....I think my garden is scared of me now:yikes: anything that can be pruned is being pruned.They're great to use:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. busybee

Recommended tools

Our lads remove them simply because they are wider than a barrow and so easier to hide laid length ways. Funnily enough we had three barrows stolen in a week but the picks and shovels were left:D
    Our lads remove them simply because they are wider than a barrow and so easier to hide laid length ways. Funnily enough we had three barrows stolen in a week but the picks and shovels were left:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. moonraker

Whats been the most waste of money tool you've got?

I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with...
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with though, so it still has a purpose.
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with though, so it still has a purpose.
    I got a cheap flame thrower thing. It's rubbish on weeds - by the time the weed is scorched, the brickwork or whatever else behind is getting way too hot. It's brilliant for starting bonfires with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Royster

Chain Saws

Me I take the easy way - anything that needs more than a light pruning saw, or loppers - especially if it has thorns is done professionally. As today, when some nice men took 5 foot off my...
    Me I take the easy way - anything that needs more than a light pruning saw, or loppers - especially if it has thorns is done professionally. As today, when some nice men took 5 foot off my hawthornes (which had delusions of grandeur thinking they were oak trees)brought my apple trees back into...
    Me I take the easy way - anything that needs more than a light pruning saw, or loppers - especially if it has thorns is done professionally. As today, when some nice men took 5 foot off my hawthornes (which had delusions of grandeur thinking ...
    Me I take the easy way - anything that needs more than a light pruning saw, or loppers - especially if it has thorns is done professionally. As today, when some nice men took 5 foot off my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Sheal

Secateurs, which type?

Secateurs: Decided to get new ones, old ones are very tired like this old girl wrists are not up to much either dear husband said he would treat me, so on to Amazon I go read up most of the...
    Secateurs: Decided to get new ones, old ones are very tired like this old girl wrists are not up to much either dear husband said he would treat me, so on to Amazon I go read up most of the reviews decided on Japanese Okatsune 103 Bypass. £29-50 had to wait a couple of weeks When they arrived...
    Secateurs: Decided to get new ones, old ones are very tired like this old girl wrists are not up to much either dear husband said he would treat me, so on to Amazon I go read up most of the reviews decided on Japanese Okatsune 103 Bypass....
    Secateurs: Decided to get new ones, old ones are very tired like this old girl wrists are not up to much either dear husband said he would treat me, so on to Amazon I go read up most of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Loofah

What's your favourite gardening implement?

This is my favourite gardening 'implement' - well, I do use it in the garden :D when I have time - and I have to sit and keep an eye on Mr JJ :thumb: ___________________________
    This is my favourite gardening 'implement' - well, I do use it in the garden :D when I have time - and I have to sit and keep an eye on Mr JJ :thumb: ___________________________
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Peas

Eco friendly module trays

Thanks - great and informative post. Going to try this - as I cannot find quality plastics to use multi-year.
    Thanks - great and informative post. Going to try this - as I cannot find quality plastics to use multi-year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Olivia9801

Any tips re my faulty Hozelock sprinkler

I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it...
    I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it so I was happy it wasn't anything terminal. Following the advice from this and other posts I spent...
    I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it so I was happy it wasn't anything terminal. ...
    I have got many good years of use our of my Hoselock Rectangular Sprinkler Pro, but it also stopped oscillating recently. It still made all the right clicking noises when you manually turned it...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice