1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title ↑
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Felco FEL2 Model 2 Original Secateurs

Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to...
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to him in my will!! :heehee: :imphrt: He would also like my cottage too!! :wub2: Love that boy !
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to him in my will!! :heehee: :imphrt: He would also like my cottage...
    Well you let him think that then @Jenny namaste . Be like me. My youngest grandson who is a young man now and thinking of his own home etc. And I have been told to leave all my gardening gear to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. RDB85

Petrol Scarifier buying advice

Found a Hayter SP36 £295. With £50 delivery. In excellent almost new condition. No damage whatsoever.
    Found a Hayter SP36 £295. With £50 delivery. In excellent almost new condition. No damage whatsoever.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. clueless1

'Bump feed' on strimmers

A bit like when I lost my eye, due to bird droppings Twas me first day wiv me hook ah ha Jack McH
    A bit like when I lost my eye, due to bird droppings Twas me first day wiv me hook ah ha Jack McH
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. *dim*

'Overwintering' petrol lawnmowers

Good call, I have had issues with E10 in my classic car - it is hydroscopic and left overwinter in a mower will most likely destroy rubber seals etc within the fuel system.
    Good call, I have had issues with E10 in my classic car - it is hydroscopic and left overwinter in a mower will most likely destroy rubber seals etc within the fuel system.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Monkshood

'Push' mower

To sharpen a cyclinder mower correctly, the trailing edge of the blade should be very slighly nearer to the axis than the leading edge (the same as a scissor blade, after all it is only a...
    To sharpen a cyclinder mower correctly, the trailing edge of the blade should be very slighly nearer to the axis than the leading edge (the same as a scissor blade, after all it is only a variation of scissors). It was possible about 50 years ago to buy a sharpening stone for a cylinder mower,...
    To sharpen a cyclinder mower correctly, the trailing edge of the blade should be very slighly nearer to the axis than the leading edge (the same as a scissor blade, after all it is only a variation of scissors). It was possible about 50 years ago...
    To sharpen a cyclinder mower correctly, the trailing edge of the blade should be very slighly nearer to the axis than the leading edge (the same as a scissor blade, after all it is only a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. moonraker

2 stroke trouble starting

This product show's that the problem is leaving fuel in the tank of 2 strokes isn't the right thing to do, Ive verious garden machines and i make it part of the garden program to give them all a...
    This product show's that the problem is leaving fuel in the tank of 2 strokes isn't the right thing to do, Ive verious garden machines and i make it part of the garden program to give them all a good service every year and i dont need to add another chemicle, briggs/stratten found out years ago...
    This product show's that the problem is leaving fuel in the tank of 2 strokes isn't the right thing to do, Ive verious garden machines and i make it part of the garden program to give them all a good service every year and i dont need to add...
    This product show's that the problem is leaving fuel in the tank of 2 strokes isn't the right thing to do, Ive verious garden machines and i make it part of the garden program to give them all a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. bodge

3 Prong Fork

I've found 2,4,5 even 6 tined forks but not a single 3......except long handled border types.
    I've found 2,4,5 even 6 tined forks but not a single 3......except long handled border types.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. "M"

7ltr Watering Cans: 50p

Ah yes, I think I recall you posted that once before? Should have listened the first time, shouldn't I :heehee: But, I'm a woman and we do like to multi-task and while those 3 cans are filling ... I...
    Ah yes, I think I recall you posted that once before? Should have listened the first time, shouldn't I :heehee: But, I'm a woman and we do like to multi-task and while those 3 cans are filling ... I could be ... ... deadheading !
    Ah yes, I think I recall you posted that once before? Should have listened the first time, shouldn't I :heehee: But, I'm a woman and we do like to multi-task and while those 3 cans are filling ... I could be ... ... deadheading !
    Ah yes, I think I recall you posted that once before? Should have listened the first time, shouldn't I :heehee: But, I'm a woman and we do like to multi-task and while those 3 cans are filling ... I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Steve R
    Like x 6

8 x 2 Heated Propagator.

It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever one at a time use it to sleep in, tend to uncover the cables. They don't do any damage and have...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever one at a time use it to sleep in, tend to uncover...
    It certainly looks good and should give you a lot of help with raising plants.I built mine (5ft x 3ft) in 1976 and it's still going strong :blue thumb:. The only problem we get is that the cats, only ever...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sheal
    Like x 5

A mean machine!

Put that on the front of cars :dbgrtmb: That'll stop people cutting people off :snork:
    Put that on the front of cars :dbgrtmb: That'll stop people cutting people off :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Marley Farley

A very sturdy little gadgett..!!

:thumb: When I was out visiting a garden centre lat week I treated myself to one of these.. A Grab-O-Saurus..!! It is just brilliant..!! It is very sturdy & is......If you have back problems...
    :thumb: When I was out visiting a garden centre lat week I treated myself to one of these.. A Grab-O-Saurus..!! It is just brilliant..!! It is very sturdy & is......If you have back problems like I have or are disabled this is well worth the £25.... I had an old type thing just made of...
    :thumb: When I was out visiting a garden centre lat week I treated myself to one of these.. A Grab-O-Saurus..!! It is just brilliant..!! It is very sturdy & is......If you have back problems like I have or are disabled this is well worth the...
    :thumb: When I was out visiting a garden centre lat week I treated myself to one of these.. A Grab-O-Saurus..!! It is just brilliant..!! It is very sturdy & is......If you have back problems...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sian in Belgium

Advice for new petrol rotary powered lawn mower

I suppose it really depends on exactly what you need and how much you want to spend.I've checked up on the Which? best buys for long grass, rough grass and wet grass. They recommend the John...
    I suppose it really depends on exactly what you need and how much you want to spend.I've checked up on the Which? best buys for long grass, rough grass and wet grass. They recommend the John Deere RUN46 (£400) as a best buy. Fairly closely followed by Makita PLM1521 - no grass box (£372),...
    I suppose it really depends on exactly what you need and how much you want to spend.I've checked up on the Which? best buys for long grass, rough grass and wet grass. They recommend the John Deere RUN46 (£400) as a best buy. Fairly closely...
    I suppose it really depends on exactly what you need and how much you want to spend.I've checked up on the Which? best buys for long grass, rough grass and wet grass. They recommend the John...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Steve R

Advice needed - plastic repair

Hi Steve R. when i worked in the Plastics industry we used a substance named Methyl Ethyl Ketone to break down the plastic polymers to do repairs to our broken plastic household items such as...
    Hi Steve R. when i worked in the Plastics industry we used a substance named Methyl Ethyl Ketone to break down the plastic polymers to do repairs to our broken plastic household items such as vacuum cleaners etc ( always done on night shift in the lab) :wink: this liquid was great for repairs...
    Hi Steve R. when i worked in the Plastics industry we used a substance named Methyl Ethyl Ketone to break down the plastic polymers to do repairs to our broken plastic household items such as vacuum cleaners etc ( always done on night shift in...
    Hi Steve R. when i worked in the Plastics industry we used a substance named Methyl Ethyl Ketone to break down the plastic polymers to do repairs to our broken plastic household items such as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dougy

Advice on a petrol lawn mower

etesia are the best .... thats why many councls use them .... a good used one on ebay will cost approx £300-£350 .... buy it new, and expect to pay approx £2k+ .... a full service on one costs...
    etesia are the best .... thats why many councls use them .... a good used one on ebay will cost approx £300-£350 .... buy it new, and expect to pay approx £2k+ .... a full service on one costs approx £120 had a quick look on ebay, and there is this one for £495 (he is open for offers):...
    etesia are the best .... thats why many councls use them .... a good used one on ebay will cost approx £300-£350 .... buy it new, and expect to pay approx £2k+ .... a full service on one costs approx £120 had a quick look on ebay, and there...
    etesia are the best .... thats why many councls use them .... a good used one on ebay will cost approx £300-£350 .... buy it new, and expect to pay approx £2k+ .... a full service on one costs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dougy

Advice on a petrol mower

Welcome to Gardeners Corner I think I'd better point out that this thread is over three years old.
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner I think I'd better point out that this thread is over three years old.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. apkfjk

Advice on Lawn Rollers

Hmmm, It's a quetion of preference really. I like the idea of the weight that the sand one gives, but it could be a problem for storing in the shed if you have to lift it in over items in...
    Hmmm, It's a quetion of preference really. I like the idea of the weight that the sand one gives, but it could be a problem for storing in the shed if you have to lift it in over items in there. OK, you can take the items out, but that depends on how many large items there are to move first...
    Hmmm, It's a quetion of preference really. I like the idea of the weight that the sand one gives, but it could be a problem for storing in the shed if you have to lift it in over items in there. OK, you can take the items out, but that depends on...
    Hmmm, It's a quetion of preference really. I like the idea of the weight that the sand one gives, but it could be a problem for storing in the shed if you have to lift it in over items in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. silu

Advice re gales and greenhouse

I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the...
    I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the outside, once the wind gets inside it can be bye bye to most of your glazing.
    I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the outside, once the wind gets inside it can be bye bye to...
    I usually disconnect mine during gales and wire them shut, and keep the place totally shut ,doors as well.Aluminium greenhouses in particular are only designed to withstand wind from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lazydog

Advice required ref. cold frame

Flat beer is fine take no notice of me Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. McGardener

alco lawn mower service

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/1859603378/all/026-9162302-5159650 Amazon has it cheaper ;)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/1859603378/all/026-9162302-5159650 Amazon has it cheaper ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. alex-adam
    Informative x 4

Aldi bargain 100 litre Water Butt

I was only posting for the benefit of others who want such stuff, as approx. 200L sturdy barrels can be picked up on ebay for between £5 and £10. The 'flat top' barrels are the strongest, as the...
    I was only posting for the benefit of others who want such stuff, as approx. 200L sturdy barrels can be picked up on ebay for between £5 and £10. The 'flat top' barrels are the strongest, as the 'rounded tops' are weaker and you might get a nasty crack in your butt if emptying a heavy water...
    I was only posting for the benefit of others who want such stuff, as approx. 200L sturdy barrels can be picked up on ebay for between £5 and £10. The 'flat top' barrels are the strongest, as the 'rounded tops' are weaker and you might get a...
    I was only posting for the benefit of others who want such stuff, as approx. 200L sturdy barrels can be picked up on ebay for between £5 and £10. The 'flat top' barrels are the strongest, as the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. stumorphmac

Aldi Hedge trimmer

I joined this forum to ask about a good hedge trimmer so although I cannot help on this one, your answers have been very useful so thanks!Jeff
    I joined this forum to ask about a good hedge trimmer so although I cannot help on this one, your answers have been very useful so thanks!Jeff
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. golfer

All gardeners with electric rotovator/generator

Thanks all for your comments it seems i have done the right thing.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice