1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Jay72

Which petrol lawnmower to choose

@jay Welcome to GC :blue thumb:I've just been having a quick look at some of the 'Best Buy' mowers on the Which? list. This Masport gets a good review. I don't know whether this link will work.
    @jay Welcome to GC :blue thumb:I've just been having a quick look at some of the 'Best Buy' mowers on the Which? list. This Masport gets a good review. I don't know whether this link will work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Bear1

Which petrol hedge trimmer to buy

I have stihl and husqvarna hedgetrimmer I always tend to lean towards Husky but more attention to detail in my opinion . Getting parts for the stihl / husky will be more ready available the titan,...
    I have stihl and husqvarna hedgetrimmer I always tend to lean towards Husky but more attention to detail in my opinion . Getting parts for the stihl / husky will be more ready available the titan, it is more a less a throw away machine. What models are you thinking of ? I personally use single...
    I have stihl and husqvarna hedgetrimmer I always tend to lean towards Husky but more attention to detail in my opinion . Getting parts for the stihl / husky will be more ready available the titan, it is more a less a throw away machine. What...
    I have stihl and husqvarna hedgetrimmer I always tend to lean towards Husky but more attention to detail in my opinion . Getting parts for the stihl / husky will be more ready available the titan,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Val..

Which No. Felco secateurs do you have?

I have the rotating handle ones, but you need octave-and-two span, or wicket-keepers hands! I'm not sure I use them enough for the perceived RSI relief ... although can't hurt I suppose.Also...
    I have the rotating handle ones, but you need octave-and-two span, or wicket-keepers hands! I'm not sure I use them enough for the perceived RSI relief ... although can't hurt I suppose.Also have a smaller pair which Mrs K uses - Felco #2 I think ... the local garden centre has a display...
    I have the rotating handle ones, but you need octave-and-two span, or wicket-keepers hands! I'm not sure I use them enough for the perceived RSI relief ... although can't hurt I suppose.Also have a smaller pair which Mrs K uses - Felco #2 I...
    I have the rotating handle ones, but you need octave-and-two span, or wicket-keepers hands! I'm not sure I use them enough for the perceived RSI relief ... although can't hurt I suppose.Also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Apprentice

Which mower?

I cut ours (It's 82foot long at the furthest point, coming in to about 50 foot, and about 30 foot across) with a mower I bought from Argos, the petrol Challenge model, and find it more than...
    I cut ours (It's 82foot long at the furthest point, coming in to about 50 foot, and about 30 foot across) with a mower I bought from Argos, the petrol Challenge model, and find it more than handles my lawn :)
    I cut ours (It's 82foot long at the furthest point, coming in to about 50 foot, and about 30 foot across) with a mower I bought from Argos, the petrol Challenge model, and find it more than handles my lawn :)
    I cut ours (It's 82foot long at the furthest point, coming in to about 50 foot, and about 30 foot across) with a mower I bought from Argos, the petrol Challenge model, and find it more than...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. daisybelle

Which mower?

Hmmm, the qualcast panther looks good and still in budget I think.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. kazza

which mower ?

I have recently purchased a Bosch and swear by it. It leaves me with a small rotary mower free to a good home!
    I have recently purchased a Bosch and swear by it. It leaves me with a small rotary mower free to a good home!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kristen

Which Mist Propagation Unit?

We have good water pressure, so that should be fine. Just getting around to finding the time to order the bits (which in turn means anticipating enough time to assemble them) is the key. Hmmm...
    We have good water pressure, so that should be fine. Just getting around to finding the time to order the bits (which in turn means anticipating enough time to assemble them) is the key. Hmmm ... Ding! ... No.1 Daughter is off to Uni in the Autumn to do architectural engineering. I'm sure its...
    We have good water pressure, so that should be fine. Just getting around to finding the time to order the bits (which in turn means anticipating enough time to assemble them) is the key. Hmmm ... Ding! ... No.1 Daughter is off to Uni in the...
    We have good water pressure, so that should be fine. Just getting around to finding the time to order the bits (which in turn means anticipating enough time to assemble them) is the key. Hmmm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Flower Girl

Which make of spade is best

Does your boss have a bad back? These spades are amazing; they do half the work for you. I think they are called 'Autospade' I believe that you get them through the gardening catalogues that pour...
    Does your boss have a bad back? These spades are amazing; they do half the work for you. I think they are called 'Autospade' I believe that you get them through the gardening catalogues that pour through the letterbox at this time of the year.
    Does your boss have a bad back? These spades are amazing; they do half the work for you. I think they are called 'Autospade' I believe that you get them through the gardening catalogues that pour through the letterbox at this time of the year.
    Does your boss have a bad back? These spades are amazing; they do half the work for you. I think they are called 'Autospade' I believe that you get them through the gardening catalogues that pour...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ryan1

Which lawnmower?

Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as...
    Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as there are with electric models. My lawns are much smaller than yours....prob 10 x 15 m and a smaller...
    Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as there are with electric models. My lawns are much...
    Welcome to the forum Ryan :) Some more knowledgeable folks than I am here who really know their mowers but, for me, battery power is the way to go. Quieter than petrol and no trailing cables as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Ryan1

Which lawnmower?

I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much...
    I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much cheaper and lighter Mountfield which so far has worked OK but I can't see it lasting very long, the...
    I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much cheaper and lighter Mountfield which so far has...
    I replaced my Hayter Harrier last year after over 18 years of reliable service. It needed a couple of spare parts over that time and these were easily available and fitted myself. I bought a much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Larburnum

Which Lawnmower

Many Thanks everyone, I am now off to the Easter sales in Homebase etc where there appears to be lots of bargains.
    Many Thanks everyone, I am now off to the Easter sales in Homebase etc where there appears to be lots of bargains.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mowgley

Which lawn mower?

I've recently got myself a mulcher mower - the best move I've made in a long time! I strongly recommend ithttp://www.mowers-online.co.uk/itm01977.htmNot a bad price, and works really well,...
    I've recently got myself a mulcher mower - the best move I've made in a long time! I strongly recommend ithttp://www.mowers-online.co.uk/itm01977.htmNot a bad price, and works really well, particularly useful if you're dealing with grass that's had loads of moss scarified out of it.
    I've recently got myself a mulcher mower - the best move I've made in a long time! I strongly recommend ithttp://www.mowers-online.co.uk/itm01977.htmNot a bad price, and works really well, particularly useful if you're dealing with grass...
    I've recently got myself a mulcher mower - the best move I've made in a long time! I strongly recommend ithttp://www.mowers-online.co.uk/itm01977.htmNot a bad price, and works really well,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. weedaway

Which Lawn Mower Would You Choose

I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all of my previous mowers would get the leaves wound around the centre spindle like thick lengths of...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all of my previous mowers would get the leaves wound...
    I have used my Quad-cut a few times now, one of the reasons it impresses me so much is because the blades cut straight through long fibrous long leaves like phormium leaves and mulches them, all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. bluesea

which lawn mower

As they say, each to their own... The problem with cylinders is if the grass is wet. Also if it is a power mower there's a possibility of damaging the turf if used in those conditions. I'm...
    As they say, each to their own... The problem with cylinders is if the grass is wet. Also if it is a power mower there's a possibility of damaging the turf if used in those conditions. I'm happy with the Flymo, it blows little grass out and it's quick to use. Handy when I'm mowing three times...
    As they say, each to their own... The problem with cylinders is if the grass is wet. Also if it is a power mower there's a possibility of damaging the turf if used in those conditions. I'm happy with the Flymo, it blows little grass out and...
    As they say, each to their own... The problem with cylinders is if the grass is wet. Also if it is a power mower there's a possibility of damaging the turf if used in those conditions. I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gizmo

which glue

Hi well moving house is not a option aa my wife had a stroke last time we moved
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. cht21

Which electric strimmer?

Dragging power leads after me in the garden is a big no no for me....IMO if you insist on a lecky one you most splash out a little as most of the standard/budget makes just dont cut it :),,,, Im a...
    Dragging power leads after me in the garden is a big no no for me....IMO if you insist on a lecky one you most splash out a little as most of the standard/budget makes just dont cut it :),,,, Im a petrol fan so.........
    Dragging power leads after me in the garden is a big no no for me....IMO if you insist on a lecky one you most splash out a little as most of the standard/budget makes just dont cut it :),,,, Im a petrol fan so.........
    Dragging power leads after me in the garden is a big no no for me....IMO if you insist on a lecky one you most splash out a little as most of the standard/budget makes just dont cut it :),,,, Im a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JohnD

Which diesel water pump!

For both of these pumps, the best advice I could give would be to contact one of the companies that supply pumps that are custom made to the requirements. I do know of one such company in the UK...
    For both of these pumps, the best advice I could give would be to contact one of the companies that supply pumps that are custom made to the requirements. I do know of one such company in the UK that could do this. Not sure if its within forum rules to mention them in a reply though.
    For both of these pumps, the best advice I could give would be to contact one of the companies that supply pumps that are custom made to the requirements. I do know of one such company in the UK that could do this. Not sure if its within forum...
    For both of these pumps, the best advice I could give would be to contact one of the companies that supply pumps that are custom made to the requirements. I do know of one such company in the UK...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. silu

Which chainsaw to choose.

Really, you should just buy one of these and be done with it:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. RonP

Which Brush Cutter

The Ryobi will fall apart, they are cheap **** and simply wont cope with strimming a large area.Buy a second hand stihl, FS85 or similar... pleanty on ebay should be around the £200 mark, a...
    The Ryobi will fall apart, they are cheap **** and simply wont cope with strimming a large area.Buy a second hand stihl, FS85 or similar... pleanty on ebay should be around the £200 mark, a second hand stihl will be farr more reliable than a brand new ryobi plus you can get spares, try...
    The Ryobi will fall apart, they are cheap **** and simply wont cope with strimming a large area.Buy a second hand stihl, FS85 or similar... pleanty on ebay should be around the £200 mark, a second hand stihl will be farr more reliable than a...
    The Ryobi will fall apart, they are cheap **** and simply wont cope with strimming a large area.Buy a second hand stihl, FS85 or similar... pleanty on ebay should be around the £200 mark, a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Eric

wheel Hoes

Eric,I've found one for you, wheel hoes are not available to the market gardener very easily, but after searching Google for ' "wheel hoe" buy uk ' , came up with this site A PDF file which...
    Eric,I've found one for you, wheel hoes are not available to the market gardener very easily, but after searching Google for ' "wheel hoe" buy uk ' , came up with this site A PDF file which needs Adobe Acrobat reader , read it and directed me to Fruit Hill Farm in Co. Cork, Rep of Ireland....
    Eric,I've found one for you, wheel hoes are not available to the market gardener very easily, but after searching Google for ' "wheel hoe" buy uk ' , came up with this site A PDF file which needs Adobe Acrobat reader , read it and directed me...
    Eric,I've found one for you, wheel hoes are not available to the market gardener very easily, but after searching Google for ' "wheel hoe" buy uk ' , came up with this site A PDF file which...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice