1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Logan

what is it.

Thank you, I'll pass the message on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Fat Controller

What hose?

Will be interesting to see how they perform over the years or if I've recommended a lemon!
    Will be interesting to see how they perform over the years or if I've recommended a lemon!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

What Hoe

I quite agree Kristen-nice play on words Woo. The Empress of Blandings would snort in approval I think.
    I quite agree Kristen-nice play on words Woo. The Empress of Blandings would snort in approval I think.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. bilabonic

What hedge trimmer shall i buy ?

Just bought a 63cm Spears & Jackson one on offer in Argos. Only £33 from £50.Think i need lessons though, given my shrubs a bit of a harsh pruning. Will post some pics on my other thread later.
    Just bought a 63cm Spears & Jackson one on offer in Argos. Only £33 from £50.Think i need lessons though, given my shrubs a bit of a harsh pruning. Will post some pics on my other thread later.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. colinpd

what grass trimmer to buy

How big is the lawn? Is it on a slope ? How fit are you ? Jack McHammocklashing
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. chrisski

what grass strimmer?

It's similar to this one, but I've had it three years so the model has changed. But the principle is the same. There's a big grey wheel which when you want to do edges you swivel the end and roll...
    It's similar to this one, but I've had it three years so the model has changed. But the principle is the same. There's a big grey wheel which when you want to do edges you swivel the end and roll it along so that you get a straight edge.
    It's similar to this one, but I've had it three years so the model has changed. But the principle is the same. There's a big grey wheel which when you want to do edges you swivel the end and roll it along so that you get a straight edge.
    It's similar to this one, but I've had it three years so the model has changed. But the principle is the same. There's a big grey wheel which when you want to do edges you swivel the end and roll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. capney

What can you buy for 50p ?

I've got one of those Capney. It's a long handled one in metal and I think it cost £1. Bargain ! I grow in deep beds and it's just perfect for raking up between the rows to get rid of weed...
    I've got one of those Capney. It's a long handled one in metal and I think it cost £1. Bargain ! I grow in deep beds and it's just perfect for raking up between the rows to get rid of weed seedlings. I love it.
    I've got one of those Capney. It's a long handled one in metal and I think it cost £1. Bargain ! I grow in deep beds and it's just perfect for raking up between the rows to get rid of weed seedlings. I love it.
    I've got one of those Capney. It's a long handled one in metal and I think it cost £1. Bargain ! I grow in deep beds and it's just perfect for raking up between the rows to get rid of weed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. anj3m

Westwood/countax powered grass collector help?

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I was trying to find a garden/lawn tractor related forum and stumbled upon this one.Last yr i bought a vgc used Westwood T1600. These usually come with a...
    Hi everyone, this is my first post. I was trying to find a garden/lawn tractor related forum and stumbled upon this one.Last yr i bought a vgc used Westwood T1600. These usually come with a powered grass collector (PGC). Mine did not. They are quite expensive to buy (over £400) so i assumed...
    Hi everyone, this is my first post. I was trying to find a garden/lawn tractor related forum and stumbled upon this one.Last yr i bought a vgc used Westwood T1600. These usually come with a powered grass collector (PGC). Mine did not. They are...
    Hi everyone, this is my first post. I was trying to find a garden/lawn tractor related forum and stumbled upon this one.Last yr i bought a vgc used Westwood T1600. These usually come with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Quentin Jackson

Weibang, Lawnflite, other rotary roller mower

I've a Hayter 48pro which has been reliable and is heavily used due to my work. The pro does not have a split roller so no chance of mud entering unlike their split roller versions. I've also a...
    I've a Hayter 48pro which has been reliable and is heavily used due to my work. The pro does not have a split roller so no chance of mud entering unlike their split roller versions. I've also a rear roller John Deere which is very heavy in the hand and reliable too. All rear rollers suffer with...
    I've a Hayter 48pro which has been reliable and is heavily used due to my work. The pro does not have a split roller so no chance of mud entering unlike their split roller versions. I've also a rear roller John Deere which is very heavy in the...
    I've a Hayter 48pro which has been reliable and is heavily used due to my work. The pro does not have a split roller so no chance of mud entering unlike their split roller versions. I've also a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Hyla arborea

Weed Wrench

No reply to my mail, so I gave them another shout... and got a reply this time! Seems they will ship to Europe - but the owner (who used to make and ship them himself) is about to farm the...
    No reply to my mail, so I gave them another shout... and got a reply this time! Seems they will ship to Europe - but the owner (who used to make and ship them himself) is about to farm the production out to a fabrication company when he can find one as he can't keep up with demand, so there will...
    No reply to my mail, so I gave them another shout... and got a reply this time! Seems they will ship to Europe - but the owner (who used to make and ship them himself) is about to farm the production out to a fabrication company when he can find...
    No reply to my mail, so I gave them another shout... and got a reply this time! Seems they will ship to Europe - but the owner (who used to make and ship them himself) is about to farm the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. chickychic

weed wand

Im afraid Ive never found weed wands efective. Ive used tractor mounted ones operating of the sort of lpg tank that feeds domestic houses right down to the small canister ones and the old parsene...
    Im afraid Ive never found weed wands efective. Ive used tractor mounted ones operating of the sort of lpg tank that feeds domestic houses right down to the small canister ones and the old parsene compresion parafin ones.Without fail the job could have been done more efectivly either spraying...
    Im afraid Ive never found weed wands efective. Ive used tractor mounted ones operating of the sort of lpg tank that feeds domestic houses right down to the small canister ones and the old parsene compresion parafin ones.Without fail the job...
    Im afraid Ive never found weed wands efective. Ive used tractor mounted ones operating of the sort of lpg tank that feeds domestic houses right down to the small canister ones and the old parsene...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Car.crash

Weed tool

For leaving as little a hole as possible, I often use a dandelion weeder fork for getting stubborn roots out, not just for dandelions.Here's an image of what I mean:I Had one of those...
    For leaving as little a hole as possible, I often use a dandelion weeder fork for getting stubborn roots out, not just for dandelions.Here's an image of what I mean:I Had one of those Fiskars things and it worked great on masive dandelions but for smaller ones it was a waste of time, so...
    For leaving as little a hole as possible, I often use a dandelion weeder fork for getting stubborn roots out, not just for dandelions.Here's an image of what I mean:I Had one of those Fiskars things and it worked great on masive dandelions...
    For leaving as little a hole as possible, I often use a dandelion weeder fork for getting stubborn roots out, not just for dandelions.Here's an image of what I mean:I Had one of those...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Surfer

Weed puller

I know it's probably not the way to go for a lot of people and i understand why but on stubborn weeds i use Roundup as i suffer from Sciatica and Cluster headaches, so i can't do much in the way...
    I know it's probably not the way to go for a lot of people and i understand why but on stubborn weeds i use Roundup as i suffer from Sciatica and Cluster headaches, so i can't do much in the way of strenuous gardening, especially on a clay soil that's full of flint. I know that doesn't answer...
    I know it's probably not the way to go for a lot of people and i understand why but on stubborn weeds i use Roundup as i suffer from Sciatica and Cluster headaches, so i can't do much in the way of strenuous gardening, especially on a clay soil...
    I know it's probably not the way to go for a lot of people and i understand why but on stubborn weeds i use Roundup as i suffer from Sciatica and Cluster headaches, so i can't do much in the way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Steve R

Weed Membrane

So were the curtains & shagpile.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. philgee

Webb Wasp Mower

I wonder if you could get more info off this site Gavin..:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sandy Ground

Webb Trailing Seat Mower, worth restoring?

Thanks for the link.It seems as if one has to be a member before contact can be made, which seems a bit pointless for me.
    Thanks for the link.It seems as if one has to be a member before contact can be made, which seems a bit pointless for me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Shortcut Andy

Webb Lawnmower 24inch (60cm) Motor Mower Ride On 1978

Oldlawnmowerclub.co.ukjust looked andsearched " WEBB" Plenty of info to look through there I think.
    Oldlawnmowerclub.co.ukjust looked andsearched " WEBB" Plenty of info to look through there I think.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Rustler

Weather stations?

I think @wiseowl has a weather station?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JWK

Watering wand recommendations please

I got mine from Wilkos several years ago, end of season sale, couple of quid, does the job.
    I got mine from Wilkos several years ago, end of season sale, couple of quid, does the job.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. welshpaul

Watering Systems

I place all my containers in a shadey spot and use the son-in-law with nagging texts when away ! I have been looking at the Hozelock Aquapod system though with an electronic timer , it looks very...
    I place all my containers in a shadey spot and use the son-in-law with nagging texts when away ! I have been looking at the Hozelock Aquapod system though with an electronic timer , it looks very neat. But if you can find a system on offer , as DaveW did at Lidl this would be hard to beat on price.
    I place all my containers in a shadey spot and use the son-in-law with nagging texts when away ! I have been looking at the Hozelock Aquapod system though with an electronic timer , it looks very neat. But if you can find a system on offer , as...
    I place all my containers in a shadey spot and use the son-in-law with nagging texts when away ! I have been looking at the Hozelock Aquapod system though with an electronic timer , it looks very...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice