All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

TREE HEALTH DIAGNOSIS - A SELF HELP GUIDE..

Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist of things to go through to provide readers with as much detail as possible to help in diagnosing any...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist of things to go through to provide readers with as...
    Unfortunately trees can be hard things to understand and simply saying, "the leaves are brown and falling off" could relate to a whole host of problems. So I thought what may help is a checklist...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

THE IMPORTANCE OF TREE ROOTS..

The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are sometimes ignored and thought of as being unimportant to the vitality and health of the tree. Also,...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are sometimes ignored and thought of as being unimportant...
    The Importance Of Tree RootsWhy care should be taken below ground as well as above.Tree roots are often overlooked and misunderstood. Because their nature is to remain underground they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

THE IMPORTANCE OF TREE ECOSYSTEMS..

Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter,...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter, medicine, and tools. Today, their value continues to increase and more benefits of trees are being...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter, medicine, and tools. Today, their value continues to...
    Importance and Value of TreesSince the beginning, trees have furnished us with two of life’s essentials, food and oxygen. As we evolved, they provided additional necessities such as shelter,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Like x 3

THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER PRUNING OF TREES..

The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising organisms that will try to conserve energy and expend as little as required in order to grow and produce...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising organisms that will try to conserve energy and expend as...
    The Importance Of The Proper Pruning Of Trees' by Harmony ArboricultureHow and why pruning should be carried out correctlyA tree will self-prune (shed limbs) Trees are self-optimising...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. chris229

Yucca Tree problem

Well if the tops die off it might re-grow from the base =]
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. chris229

Yucca Tree

First off Trader, I would love to have a yucca 10-12ft high, what kind is it? A picture would be nice.You can leave the old flower stalks attached but they do start to look bad after a while as...
    First off Trader, I would love to have a yucca 10-12ft high, what kind is it? A picture would be nice.You can leave the old flower stalks attached but they do start to look bad after a while as they take a couple of years to drop off naturally, I have a similar problem with cordylines, I know...
    First off Trader, I would love to have a yucca 10-12ft high, what kind is it? A picture would be nice.You can leave the old flower stalks attached but they do start to look bad after a while as they take a couple of years to drop off naturally,...
    First off Trader, I would love to have a yucca 10-12ft high, what kind is it? A picture would be nice.You can leave the old flower stalks attached but they do start to look bad after a while as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. PrunusB95

Young trees still dormant/unusual new growth

I mixed Bonemeal with the earth and compost when I planted and a few weeks ago put a fraction of Blood, Fish & Bone at the base and also some Seaweed Extract in liquid form with a watering can....
    I mixed Bonemeal with the earth and compost when I planted and a few weeks ago put a fraction of Blood, Fish & Bone at the base and also some Seaweed Extract in liquid form with a watering can. I've watered them regularly. All I can think of is, when I planted both plants, I pruned the top to...
    I mixed Bonemeal with the earth and compost when I planted and a few weeks ago put a fraction of Blood, Fish & Bone at the base and also some Seaweed Extract in liquid form with a watering can. I've watered them regularly. All I can think of is,...
    I mixed Bonemeal with the earth and compost when I planted and a few weeks ago put a fraction of Blood, Fish & Bone at the base and also some Seaweed Extract in liquid form with a watering can....
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. lferfga

Young tree help

Yeah, I only mentioned it to make the season clear. Still one month to winter, though. Southern Brazil, btw.I might try to get a picture tomorrow, when it's light, but it's pretty much what I...
    Yeah, I only mentioned it to make the season clear. Still one month to winter, though. Southern Brazil, btw.I might try to get a picture tomorrow, when it's light, but it's pretty much what I described.
    Yeah, I only mentioned it to make the season clear. Still one month to winter, though. Southern Brazil, btw.I might try to get a picture tomorrow, when it's light, but it's pretty much what I described.
    Yeah, I only mentioned it to make the season clear. Still one month to winter, though. Southern Brazil, btw.I might try to get a picture tomorrow, when it's light, but it's pretty much what I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. karaman

Young pear tree, not a single flower -- why not?

Your welcome :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mistryer

Young Olive Tree HELP!!

Long shot but if all else fails you might look at feeding and whether you've fed too much or too little. I know from experience of bonsai trees that all trees which are created equal don't stay...
    Long shot but if all else fails you might look at feeding and whether you've fed too much or too little. I know from experience of bonsai trees that all trees which are created equal don't stay that way for long and each needs to be treated individually. Olive trees don't need much feeding and...
    Long shot but if all else fails you might look at feeding and whether you've fed too much or too little. I know from experience of bonsai trees that all trees which are created equal don't stay that way for long and each needs to be treated...
    Long shot but if all else fails you might look at feeding and whether you've fed too much or too little. I know from experience of bonsai trees that all trees which are created equal don't stay...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. gsmilingfish

Young hawthorn tree struggling

That's a relief - cheers for the advice Flinty!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Reggie3

Young Hawthorn tree

It may also be trying to grow away from the fence towards the light in addition to previous posts.
    It may also be trying to grow away from the fence towards the light in addition to previous posts.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. BrianA

Young Eucalyptus Worry

I've got one which I do similar with, but its an annual job if you dont want it to get away from you. I'm leaving mine for this year, but its going to be pretty big by the end of this year 25ft at...
    I've got one which I do similar with, but its an annual job if you dont want it to get away from you. I'm leaving mine for this year, but its going to be pretty big by the end of this year 25ft at least.Cut those whispy branches off lower down, it wont hurt.
    I've got one which I do similar with, but its an annual job if you dont want it to get away from you. I'm leaving mine for this year, but its going to be pretty big by the end of this year 25ft at least.Cut those whispy branches off lower down,...
    I've got one which I do similar with, but its an annual job if you dont want it to get away from you. I'm leaving mine for this year, but its going to be pretty big by the end of this year 25ft at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. thriftybri

young conifer trees

Shame on you for even planting conifer trees. Unless you want to attract rabbits, then go ahead :biggrin:I prefer something more edible. Blueberries, Aronia or Amelanchier. And birds may (scratch that,...
    Shame on you for even planting conifer trees. Unless you want to attract rabbits, then go ahead :biggrin:I prefer something more edible. Blueberries, Aronia or Amelanchier. And birds may (scratch that, they WILL) eat your crops but they are a lot more fun to look at than some rabbits slowly felling...
    Shame on you for even planting conifer trees. Unless you want to attract rabbits, then go ahead :biggrin:I prefer something more edible. Blueberries, Aronia or Amelanchier. And birds may (scratch that, they WILL) eat your crops but they are a lot more...
    Shame on you for even planting conifer trees. Unless you want to attract rabbits, then go ahead :biggrin:I prefer something more edible. Blueberries, Aronia or Amelanchier. And birds may (scratch that,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. izzi

young apple tree losing buds

hi everyone, i have an apple tree i put in about three years ago. it had loads of buds but then after they had blossomed they dried up and fell off, the leaves have gone yellow/brown and are...
    hi everyone, i have an apple tree i put in about three years ago. it had loads of buds but then after they had blossomed they dried up and fell off, the leaves have gone yellow/brown and are dropping too. a friend says this is just the tree establishing itself. do any of you have clue whats...
    hi everyone, i have an apple tree i put in about three years ago. it had loads of buds but then after they had blossomed they dried up and fell off, the leaves have gone yellow/brown and are dropping too. a friend says this is just the tree...
    hi everyone, i have an apple tree i put in about three years ago. it had loads of buds but then after they had blossomed they dried up and fell off, the leaves have gone yellow/brown and are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Carrie Carroll

Yew trees in pots!

Oh no! But they were doing okay before they were stood on, yes? Though I suppose they weren't very big anyway so maybe easier to grow at that stage.
    Oh no! But they were doing okay before they were stood on, yes? Though I suppose they weren't very big anyway so maybe easier to grow at that stage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Richleeds

Yew Tree is too big but dont know how to prune

Yeah, I'll go for this plan I think, trimming it back for the next couple of months just to tide it over and then go for a major haircut next spring.
    Yeah, I'll go for this plan I think, trimming it back for the next couple of months just to tide it over and then go for a major haircut next spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. robgil

yew tree , i dont want a giant.

Thank you Harmony, i shall give them a call and see whats what.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Scotkat

Yellow Peony Tree

Got my yellow tree peony this afternoon form hospital nursery for £5 patients look after the garden for therapy. Also bought lavendar angustifolia silver mist and geranium cinereum signal .
    Got my yellow tree peony this afternoon form hospital nursery for £5 patients look after the garden for therapy. Also bought lavendar angustifolia silver mist and geranium cinereum signal .
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. slatept

xmas tree problem

Are the lower branches actually growing? If so then the tree is alive. If not then you could have the old problem. When trees are dug up for the C trade they are not taken much care of, if the...
    Are the lower branches actually growing? If so then the tree is alive. If not then you could have the old problem. When trees are dug up for the C trade they are not taken much care of, if the roots dry out they will not grow.When I worked for the H.M. Forestry Commission on a nursery, it was...
    Are the lower branches actually growing? If so then the tree is alive. If not then you could have the old problem. When trees are dug up for the C trade they are not taken much care of, if the roots dry out they will not grow.When I worked for...
    Are the lower branches actually growing? If so then the tree is alive. If not then you could have the old problem. When trees are dug up for the C trade they are not taken much care of, if the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. pauby

Xmas Tree going brown (but needles are firmly on there)

They do burn well, 'specially the needles.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. sammyveggiesbmth

xmas tree

Homebase were selling rooted trees last week cheap.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. bubbly

x'mas tree

thanks LizI bought a rose climber the other day and it says it can also be grown on the north wall. I suppose it must have meant the less sunlight side of the wall otherwise there's not much...
    thanks LizI bought a rose climber the other day and it says it can also be grown on the north wall. I suppose it must have meant the less sunlight side of the wall otherwise there's not much point to make that point clear as most roses need full sun.From now on I will make sure to water the...
    thanks LizI bought a rose climber the other day and it says it can also be grown on the north wall. I suppose it must have meant the less sunlight side of the wall otherwise there's not much point to make that point clear as most roses need...
    thanks LizI bought a rose climber the other day and it says it can also be grown on the north wall. I suppose it must have meant the less sunlight side of the wall otherwise there's not much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Tony Deal

Wych Elm in hedgerow

You need to cut the top down some 12 inches below the final required height.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice