Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK

What's looking Exotic 2024

I wondered what season it was in Puerto de la Cruz:scratch:
    P8310016.JPG P8310019.JPG P8310012.JPG 20240117_111820.jpg 20240118_113009.jpg 20240118_113101.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. pete

Yuccas

Very interesting. When was the last time you had -29 C. Tonight probably been snowing here today.
    Very interesting. When was the last time you had -29 C. Tonight probably been snowing here today.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JUNEMARY

advocardo.s

Good luck Ladybird But have you tried them outside. [ March 17, 2005, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: pete2255 ]
    Good luck Ladybird But have you tried them outside. [ March 17, 2005, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: pete2255 ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. roadrunner

OLEA EUROPEA (hardy olive)

On sale in nearly every gardening outlet in my area, and a few other places, seems to be 'in' at the moment. Pretty easy to grow, likes good drainage, not totally hardy, but should be OK in a...
    On sale in nearly every gardening outlet in my area, and a few other places, seems to be 'in' at the moment. Pretty easy to grow, likes good drainage, not totally hardy, but should be OK in a protected area perhaps that catches some winter sun.
    On sale in nearly every gardening outlet in my area, and a few other places, seems to be 'in' at the moment. Pretty easy to grow, likes good drainage, not totally hardy, but should be OK in a protected area perhaps that catches some winter sun.
    On sale in nearly every gardening outlet in my area, and a few other places, seems to be 'in' at the moment. Pretty easy to grow, likes good drainage, not totally hardy, but should be OK in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. PeterS

Echinacea

Hello -I garden on clay, and grow Echinacea and it seems to do fine. I love both the flower and seed heads in winter - and the bees and butterflys love it too. I haven't tried dividing it yet...
    Hello -I garden on clay, and grow Echinacea and it seems to do fine. I love both the flower and seed heads in winter - and the bees and butterflys love it too. I haven't tried dividing it yet because I am wanting the clump to get bigger - but have grown it from the seed.
    Hello -I garden on clay, and grow Echinacea and it seems to do fine. I love both the flower and seed heads in winter - and the bees and butterflys love it too. I haven't tried dividing it yet because I am wanting the clump to get bigger - but...
    Hello -I garden on clay, and grow Echinacea and it seems to do fine. I love both the flower and seed heads in winter - and the bees and butterflys love it too. I haven't tried dividing it yet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Toni

Yucca

Hi ToniDoes it say what the variety is on the label?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wineandchoc

Mandrake

It was as much fun as you think it was ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Toptaff

Tea seeds

Wahey!!! Thanks very much! Progress reports will follow!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Webmaster

Ginkgo Biloba

Oh Steve what a lovely site thank you I can never find things like this...but I am only a learner still havn't managed the photo thing yet but when my 30 geranium planlets are all in blossom...
    Oh Steve what a lovely site thank you I can never find things like this...but I am only a learner still havn't managed the photo thing yet but when my 30 geranium planlets are all in blossom �£3.50 from B/Q I will have another go.
    Oh Steve what a lovely site thank you I can never find things like this...but I am only a learner still havn't managed the photo thing yet but when my 30 geranium planlets are all in blossom �£3.50 from B/Q I will have another go.
    Oh Steve what a lovely site thank you I can never find things like this...but I am only a learner still havn't managed the photo thing yet but when my 30 geranium planlets are all in blossom...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. terrijane

very large yucca

I take it this is the spineless yucca (yucca elephantipies) If so your lucky to get away with it outside all year, must be your mild winters there on the south coast. You can do whatever you like...
    I take it this is the spineless yucca (yucca elephantipies) If so your lucky to get away with it outside all year, must be your mild winters there on the south coast. You can do whatever you like with it, but it seems a shame to cut the top off. I think i'd leave it and just tidy up any dead...
    I take it this is the spineless yucca (yucca elephantipies) If so your lucky to get away with it outside all year, must be your mild winters there on the south coast. You can do whatever you like with it, but it seems a shame to cut the top off....
    I take it this is the spineless yucca (yucca elephantipies) If so your lucky to get away with it outside all year, must be your mild winters there on the south coast. You can do whatever you like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Webmaster

Kiwi (again !!)

I do remember that they can bleed when cut in a similar way to grape vines.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. carol ann

cordyline stems

Its up to you really. how tall is it? Is it green leaved or coloured? Suddenly you say, could this be a flower stem maybe? If its sprung up all of a sudden I reckon it could be.
    Its up to you really. how tall is it? Is it green leaved or coloured? Suddenly you say, could this be a flower stem maybe? If its sprung up all of a sudden I reckon it could be.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ABILOU

BANANA PLANT

Yep I believe it is. ;)
    Yep I believe it is. ;)
    Yep I believe it is. ;)
    Yep I believe it is. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. LYNDY2

OLIVE PLANT

A pleasure Lindy2 any time .... just shout lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Oli

Black Bamboo

Thanks BayleafAt the moment the bamboo is in a large pot in our back yard surrounded by wall so is pretty sheltered. Where we live it is notoriously windy. I am worried about putting it out in...
    Thanks BayleafAt the moment the bamboo is in a large pot in our back yard surrounded by wall so is pretty sheltered. Where we live it is notoriously windy. I am worried about putting it out in the ground because our garden, although long is open plan and very open to the elements (almost...
    Thanks BayleafAt the moment the bamboo is in a large pot in our back yard surrounded by wall so is pretty sheltered. Where we live it is notoriously windy. I am worried about putting it out in the ground because our garden, although long is...
    Thanks BayleafAt the moment the bamboo is in a large pot in our back yard surrounded by wall so is pretty sheltered. Where we live it is notoriously windy. I am worried about putting it out in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. bonnie2000

Banana plant query

thanks a lot steve,very helpful cheers :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paladin

Over grown Yucca

Great. Dont let the tax man find out. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. clarky

Who's munching my Canna Lillies ?

Hi Clarky D'you mean Canna's or Calla lilies?
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. nobby

Rubber plant

I've never tried ordinary cuttings from rubber plants, but I have done air layers and been sucsessfull. I think ordinary cuttings may well work as they do with other Ficus, probably with bottom...
    I've never tried ordinary cuttings from rubber plants, but I have done air layers and been sucsessfull. I think ordinary cuttings may well work as they do with other Ficus, probably with bottom heat. pete
    I've never tried ordinary cuttings from rubber plants, but I have done air layers and been sucsessfull. I think ordinary cuttings may well work as they do with other Ficus, probably with bottom heat. pete
    I've never tried ordinary cuttings from rubber plants, but I have done air layers and been sucsessfull. I think ordinary cuttings may well work as they do with other Ficus, probably with bottom...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. princessazlea

Banana Palm need some advice please?

Well if there's no sign of suckers coming from around the base of the plant it is unusual. That stem that is flowering I am certain will die afterwards, there is still a chance that it might put...
    Well if there's no sign of suckers coming from around the base of the plant it is unusual. That stem that is flowering I am certain will die afterwards, there is still a chance that it might put up a sucker or two yet. Any ideas of the variety, I take it, it is growing outside in the garden.
    Well if there's no sign of suckers coming from around the base of the plant it is unusual. That stem that is flowering I am certain will die afterwards, there is still a chance that it might put up a sucker or two yet. Any ideas of the variety,...
    Well if there's no sign of suckers coming from around the base of the plant it is unusual. That stem that is flowering I am certain will die afterwards, there is still a chance that it might put...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. revin helen

kiwi

Reason I ask, about the flower, not the fence ( which looks great by the way), is that all I can see is stamens and no stigma. I hope I've got the right terms, in other words only the parts that...
    Reason I ask, about the flower, not the fence ( which looks great by the way), is that all I can see is stamens and no stigma. I hope I've got the right terms, in other words only the parts that carry the pollen. But then again I could be wrong. :D
    Reason I ask, about the flower, not the fence ( which looks great by the way), is that all I can see is stamens and no stigma. I hope I've got the right terms, in other words only the parts that carry the pollen. But then again I could be wrong. :D
    Reason I ask, about the flower, not the fence ( which looks great by the way), is that all I can see is stamens and no stigma. I hope I've got the right terms, in other words only the parts that...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice