1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK

What's looking Exotic 2024

I wondered what season it was in Puerto de la Cruz:scratch:
    P8310016.JPG P8310019.JPG P8310012.JPG 20240117_111820.jpg 20240118_113009.jpg 20240118_113101.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Victoria

Zamia pumila (Coontie)

Zamia is a member of the Cycad family Zamioculcus is a tuberous Aroid
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. carol00

yukka

Not a good time of the year to be doing this carol. Spring would have been better,but,if you need to you can cut yucca stems up into pieces, and each piece can form a new plant. Rooting them...
    Not a good time of the year to be doing this carol. Spring would have been better,but,if you need to you can cut yucca stems up into pieces, and each piece can form a new plant. Rooting them could be difficult at this time of the year though. I cut mine with a fine toothed saw, let the cut...
    Not a good time of the year to be doing this carol. Spring would have been better,but,if you need to you can cut yucca stems up into pieces, and each piece can form a new plant. Rooting them could be difficult at this time of the year though. I...
    Not a good time of the year to be doing this carol. Spring would have been better,but,if you need to you can cut yucca stems up into pieces, and each piece can form a new plant. Rooting them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. pete

Yuccas

Very interesting. When was the last time you had -29 C. Tonight probably been snowing here today.
    Very interesting. When was the last time you had -29 C. Tonight probably been snowing here today.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Pixie

Yucca, Cordyline or Carex?

Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents,...
    Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents, phormiums/cordylines/yucca/redhot pokers/pampass grass/could be any of them to me. Also, searched around her...
    Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents, phormiums/cordylines/yucca/redhot pokers/pampass grass/could be...
    Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. WeeTam
    Like x 4

Yucca too big? Off with its head !

Nice tree. I don't think I'd have had the courage to do it :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Steouk

Yucca Rostrata - Growth

Thank you :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. hollowaykid

Yucca plant

Is it a true Yucca?Dracaenas are often sold as conservatory plants and are similar in leaf shapeA yucca should stand pruning no probs...however if it a severe pruning i would cut back perhaps...
    Is it a true Yucca?Dracaenas are often sold as conservatory plants and are similar in leaf shapeA yucca should stand pruning no probs...however if it a severe pruning i would cut back perhaps just over half of the protruding leaves first time, wait to make sure its not adversely affected it...
    Is it a true Yucca?Dracaenas are often sold as conservatory plants and are similar in leaf shapeA yucca should stand pruning no probs...however if it a severe pruning i would cut back perhaps just over half of the protruding leaves first...
    Is it a true Yucca?Dracaenas are often sold as conservatory plants and are similar in leaf shapeA yucca should stand pruning no probs...however if it a severe pruning i would cut back perhaps...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kindredspirit
    Like x 6

Yucca Linearis.

:blue thumb:Very nice indeed
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. pete
    Like x 5

Yucca elephatipies

Lovely specimen @pete :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sal73

yucca aloifolia purpurea

Thank you Wayne , is your plant outdoor or potted? ps more sunshine????? did you see any around???? where i can buy some of it?????
    Thank you Wayne , is your plant outdoor or potted? ps more sunshine????? did you see any around???? where i can buy some of it?????
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bilbo675

Yucca aloifolia purpurea

Yes it`s an hybrid and really pretty when grow up , but not as hardy as many peoples makes us to belive , I would say it`s on the same line of elephantis , nothing less nothing more
    Yes it`s an hybrid and really pretty when grow up , but not as hardy as many peoples makes us to belive , I would say it`s on the same line of elephantis , nothing less nothing more
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Bilbo675

Yucca aloifolia purpurea

beautiful dark foliage.
    beautiful dark foliage.
    beautiful dark foliage.
    beautiful dark foliage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Toni

Yucca

Hi ToniDoes it say what the variety is on the label?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ARMANDII

Yes,we have no banana's

Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be...
    Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be more. To be honest, I didn't have really high hopes of any of the seeds germinating especially...
    Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be more. To be honest, I didn't have really high...
    Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. momo1103

Yellow spots on lemon plant

Hi all, Does anyone know why my lemon plant has recently started getting small yellow spots on its leaves? If it is harmful how do I get rid of them/make sure it doesn't get any more?
    Hi all, Does anyone know why my lemon plant has recently started getting small yellow spots on its leaves? If it is harmful how do I get rid of them/make sure it doesn't get any more?
    IMG_2401.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kindredspirit
    Like x 9

Xeric Bed.

Echinopsis "Shirley Pink" (Abbey Brook hybrid)
    078.JPG 005.JPG IMG_1189 (2).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. JWK

Wrapping up tender plants

If you keep the ensetes cool but dry as suggested above they will survive but not grow which would be more beneficial because they can grow exceptionally fast, and indoors in a heated room between...
    If you keep the ensetes cool but dry as suggested above they will survive but not grow which would be more beneficial because they can grow exceptionally fast, and indoors in a heated room between now and April or May, they will put out some considerable growth.. they may get too big for the...
    If you keep the ensetes cool but dry as suggested above they will survive but not grow which would be more beneficial because they can grow exceptionally fast, and indoors in a heated room between now and April or May, they will put out some...
    If you keep the ensetes cool but dry as suggested above they will survive but not grow which would be more beneficial because they can grow exceptionally fast, and indoors in a heated room between...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. WeeTam

Wrapping a Treefern

Im still getting Ptsd from loosing 6 5 footers in that 2010 winter. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it :gaah:Since then 6 x 3footers in the conservatory,4x 5 footers in the garage. The big...
    Im still getting Ptsd from loosing 6 5 footers in that 2010 winter. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it :gaah:Since then 6 x 3footers in the conservatory,4x 5 footers in the garage. The big fella is just too heavy and tall so still outdoors.Next year its the soil cable and straw and...
    Im still getting Ptsd from loosing 6 5 footers in that 2010 winter. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it :gaah:Since then 6 x 3footers in the conservatory,4x 5 footers in the garage. The big fella is just too heavy and tall so still...
    Im still getting Ptsd from loosing 6 5 footers in that 2010 winter. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it :gaah:Since then 6 x 3footers in the conservatory,4x 5 footers in the garage. The big...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. P Jeffries

Wrapping a palm for winter

OK, thanks for your comments, everyone - I'll reduce the layers of fleece!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Ian Taylor

Wollemia pine

I've done a lot of research about them before I bought one. It came with full growing instructions and a certificate of authenticity. We're going to grow it in a large terracotta pot.
    I've done a lot of research about them before I bought one. It came with full growing instructions and a certificate of authenticity. We're going to grow it in a large terracotta pot.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice