Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK
    Like x 12

What's looking Exotic in 2020

Hi LongK - Amazing, I obviously have a lot to learn.I have repotted my Phalaenopsis, which were in a bark material, though the original small plant plug was still in compost. I understand that...
    Hi LongK - Amazing, I obviously have a lot to learn.I have repotted my Phalaenopsis, which were in a bark material, though the original small plant plug was still in compost. I understand that this compost should be removed as it could store too much water and cause rot. So I put them in pure...
    Hi LongK - Amazing, I obviously have a lot to learn.I have repotted my Phalaenopsis, which were in a bark material, though the original small plant plug was still in compost. I understand that this compost should be removed as it could store...
    Hi LongK - Amazing, I obviously have a lot to learn.I have repotted my Phalaenopsis, which were in a bark material, though the original small plant plug was still in compost. I understand that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 7

How to Germinate a Mango...!

I know this isn’t a plant but I had to just show you this picture........
    DSC_3119.jpg DSC_3223.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg 2EBAE072-3A0B-4925-B261-7776803B05A1.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ARMANDII

CANNA - 2020

A new canna for me. Canna Brazilliensis which is supposed to be hardy. I have about 30 young plants that will be going into the tropical area this year - some of them dotted about the heated bed
    A new canna for me. Canna Brazilliensis which is supposed to be hardy. I have about 30 young plants that will be going into the tropical area this year - some of them dotted about the heated bed
    20200208_111826.jpg 20200208_111817.jpg IMG_4457.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Victoria

Zamia pumila (Coontie)

Zamia is a member of the Cycad family Zamioculcus is a tuberous Aroid
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. carol00

yukka

Not a good time of the year to be doing this carol. Spring would have been better,but,if you need to you can cut yucca stems up into pieces, and each piece can form a new plant. Rooting them...
    Not a good time of the year to be doing this carol. Spring would have been better,but,if you need to you can cut yucca stems up into pieces, and each piece can form a new plant. Rooting them could be difficult at this time of the year though. I cut mine with a fine toothed saw, let the cut...
    Not a good time of the year to be doing this carol. Spring would have been better,but,if you need to you can cut yucca stems up into pieces, and each piece can form a new plant. Rooting them could be difficult at this time of the year though. I...
    Not a good time of the year to be doing this carol. Spring would have been better,but,if you need to you can cut yucca stems up into pieces, and each piece can form a new plant. Rooting them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. pete

Yuccas

Very interesting. When was the last time you had -29 C. Tonight probably been snowing here today.
    Very interesting. When was the last time you had -29 C. Tonight probably been snowing here today.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Pixie

Yucca, Cordyline or Carex?

Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents,...
    Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents, phormiums/cordylines/yucca/redhot pokers/pampass grass/could be any of them to me. Also, searched around her...
    Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents, phormiums/cordylines/yucca/redhot pokers/pampass grass/could be...
    Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. WeeTam
    Like x 4

Yucca too big? Off with its head !

Nice tree. I don't think I'd have had the courage to do it :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. hollowaykid

Yucca plant

Is it a true Yucca?Dracaenas are often sold as conservatory plants and are similar in leaf shapeA yucca should stand pruning no probs...however if it a severe pruning i would cut back perhaps...
    Is it a true Yucca?Dracaenas are often sold as conservatory plants and are similar in leaf shapeA yucca should stand pruning no probs...however if it a severe pruning i would cut back perhaps just over half of the protruding leaves first time, wait to make sure its not adversely affected it...
    Is it a true Yucca?Dracaenas are often sold as conservatory plants and are similar in leaf shapeA yucca should stand pruning no probs...however if it a severe pruning i would cut back perhaps just over half of the protruding leaves first...
    Is it a true Yucca?Dracaenas are often sold as conservatory plants and are similar in leaf shapeA yucca should stand pruning no probs...however if it a severe pruning i would cut back perhaps...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kindredspirit
    Like x 6

Yucca Linearis.

:blue thumb:Very nice indeed
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. pete
    Like x 5

Yucca elephatipies

Lovely specimen @pete :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sal73

yucca aloifolia purpurea

Thank you Wayne , is your plant outdoor or potted? ps more sunshine????? did you see any around???? where i can buy some of it?????
    Thank you Wayne , is your plant outdoor or potted? ps more sunshine????? did you see any around???? where i can buy some of it?????
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bilbo675

Yucca aloifolia purpurea

Yes it`s an hybrid and really pretty when grow up , but not as hardy as many peoples makes us to belive , I would say it`s on the same line of elephantis , nothing less nothing more
    Yes it`s an hybrid and really pretty when grow up , but not as hardy as many peoples makes us to belive , I would say it`s on the same line of elephantis , nothing less nothing more
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Bilbo675

Yucca aloifolia purpurea

beautiful dark foliage.
    beautiful dark foliage.
    beautiful dark foliage.
    beautiful dark foliage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Toni

Yucca

Hi ToniDoes it say what the variety is on the label?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ARMANDII

Yes,we have no banana's

Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be...
    Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be more. To be honest, I didn't have really high hopes of any of the seeds germinating especially...
    Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be more. To be honest, I didn't have really high...
    Just thought some people would like to know that of the 3 varieties of Banana seeds I planted on 6 January this year I have one that has germinated. It's a Musa Mannii, so hopefully, there may be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kindredspirit
    Like x 9

Xeric Bed.

Got in Cornwall for half price. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. JWK

Wrapping up tender plants

If you keep the ensetes cool but dry as suggested above they will survive but not grow which would be more beneficial because they can grow exceptionally fast, and indoors in a heated room between...
    If you keep the ensetes cool but dry as suggested above they will survive but not grow which would be more beneficial because they can grow exceptionally fast, and indoors in a heated room between now and April or May, they will put out some considerable growth.. they may get too big for the...
    If you keep the ensetes cool but dry as suggested above they will survive but not grow which would be more beneficial because they can grow exceptionally fast, and indoors in a heated room between now and April or May, they will put out some...
    If you keep the ensetes cool but dry as suggested above they will survive but not grow which would be more beneficial because they can grow exceptionally fast, and indoors in a heated room between...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. WeeTam

Wrapping a Treefern

Im still getting Ptsd from loosing 6 5 footers in that 2010 winter. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it :gaah:Since then 6 x 3footers in the conservatory,4x 5 footers in the garage. The big...
    Im still getting Ptsd from loosing 6 5 footers in that 2010 winter. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it :gaah:Since then 6 x 3footers in the conservatory,4x 5 footers in the garage. The big fella is just too heavy and tall so still outdoors.Next year its the soil cable and straw and...
    Im still getting Ptsd from loosing 6 5 footers in that 2010 winter. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it :gaah:Since then 6 x 3footers in the conservatory,4x 5 footers in the garage. The big fella is just too heavy and tall so still...
    Im still getting Ptsd from loosing 6 5 footers in that 2010 winter. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it :gaah:Since then 6 x 3footers in the conservatory,4x 5 footers in the garage. The big...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Ian Taylor

Wollemia pine

I've done a lot of research about them before I bought one. It came with full growing instructions and a certificate of authenticity. We're going to grow it in a large terracotta pot.
    I've done a lot of research about them before I bought one. It came with full growing instructions and a certificate of authenticity. We're going to grow it in a large terracotta pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. longk
    Like x 6

Winter surprises

After the recent cold snap the Echium looks as if it is toast. The Iochroma have defoliated but I'm not worried as far as their prospects go. The Nicotiana are still looking okay too. @PeterS -...
    After the recent cold snap the Echium looks as if it is toast. The Iochroma have defoliated but I'm not worried as far as their prospects go. The Nicotiana are still looking okay too. @PeterS - amazingly the Caiophora is still looking ok. I haven't forgotten, just a bit housebound with my other...
    After the recent cold snap the Echium looks as if it is toast. The Iochroma have defoliated but I'm not worried as far as their prospects go. The Nicotiana are still looking okay too. @PeterS - amazingly the Caiophora is still looking ok. I...
    After the recent cold snap the Echium looks as if it is toast. The Iochroma have defoliated but I'm not worried as far as their prospects go. The Nicotiana are still looking okay too. @PeterS -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. PeterS

Winter preparations

That's what I do, although if planted deep enough and with a bark mulch they will come through most winters.
    That's what I do, although if planted deep enough and with a bark mulch they will come through most winters.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Beachlover

Winter Banana

If it is decorative, then just cut it off about 6" from the ground and cover with pine straw to protect from the ice and freezing. It will come back each year. If you want to eventually get...
    If it is decorative, then just cut it off about 6" from the ground and cover with pine straw to protect from the ice and freezing. It will come back each year. If you want to eventually get bananas from it, then it really needs to be transplanted into a greenhouse or something similar for the...
    If it is decorative, then just cut it off about 6" from the ground and cover with pine straw to protect from the ice and freezing. It will come back each year. If you want to eventually get bananas from it, then it really needs to be transplanted...
    If it is decorative, then just cut it off about 6" from the ground and cover with pine straw to protect from the ice and freezing. It will come back each year. If you want to eventually get...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice