1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↑
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK

What's looking Exotic 2024

I wondered what season it was in Puerto de la Cruz:scratch:
    P8310016.JPG P8310019.JPG P8310012.JPG 20240117_111820.jpg 20240118_113009.jpg 20240118_113101.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. strongylodon

"Palmyfying of Britain

I've used the palm centre, and its worth a visit if you like palms of course :D But they also sell other plants, must say they are a bit pricey I thought, and some of their hardiness claims are...
    I've used the palm centre, and its worth a visit if you like palms of course :D But they also sell other plants, must say they are a bit pricey I thought, and some of their hardiness claims are a bit stretched. Well I think so, anyway. They tend to say that it will survive at a certain...
    I've used the palm centre, and its worth a visit if you like palms of course :D But they also sell other plants, must say they are a bit pricey I thought, and some of their hardiness claims are a bit stretched. Well I think so, anyway. They...
    I've used the palm centre, and its worth a visit if you like palms of course :D But they also sell other plants, must say they are a bit pricey I thought, and some of their hardiness claims are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Gregory
    Like x 7

"Ultra Tropicals"

Hi Gregory - its a year since your first post - do tell us how you are getting on and what you are growing.You can see how some of us are getting on in
    Hi Gregory - its a year since your first post - do tell us how you are getting on and what you are growing.You can see how some of us are getting on in
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. clueless1

'Jungle' plants for cool shade.

Helleborus for winter interest?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Tara100

A couple of banana plant queries :)

@Tara100Seems you can get it via Amazon or Bit pricey though may be cheaper via ebay
    @Tara100Seems you can get it via Amazon or Bit pricey though may be cheaper via ebay
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Wayne
    Like x 4

A few pictures of last year's Brugmansia's

?? Never was fluent in Gibberish :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Victoria
    Like x 4

A Few Unusual Ones

I have bought from this Seller along with a couple of others from Spain and Portugal ...Tecoma Stans,plant | eBay
    I have bought from this Seller along with a couple of others from Spain and Portugal ...Tecoma Stans,plant | eBay
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Tropical_Gaz
    Like x 9

A video of our garden

:thud: :love30: :love30: :love30: I was expecting David Attenborough to pop out from behind a plant. I am in total awe!!!
    :thud: :love30: :love30: :love30: I was expecting David Attenborough to pop out from behind a plant. I am in total awe!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. coub

abyssinian banana

Thanks very much bananaman just wondered about the chicken pellets as I have noticed that there are brown marks appearing on the leaves,and some of them split.
    Thanks very much bananaman just wondered about the chicken pellets as I have noticed that there are brown marks appearing on the leaves,and some of them split.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Syd Hutchinson

Abyssinian problem

Similar to what others are saying. Thanks. It seems scary cutting all the leaves off and baring the roots. One would think that is the best way to kill it. I have seen Monty do it but it seemed...
    Similar to what others are saying. Thanks. It seems scary cutting all the leaves off and baring the roots. One would think that is the best way to kill it. I have seen Monty do it but it seemed drastic. However I shall try it.
    Similar to what others are saying. Thanks. It seems scary cutting all the leaves off and baring the roots. One would think that is the best way to kill it. I have seen Monty do it but it seemed drastic. However I shall try it.
    Similar to what others are saying. Thanks. It seems scary cutting all the leaves off and baring the roots. One would think that is the best way to kill it. I have seen Monty do it but it seemed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. PeterS

Acanthacea - the Acanthus family

That is exactly where I found it! Coincidences abound! I used Top Tropicals as I was looking for better photos/info. Mauro Pixanto (Brazil Plants) has a good rep on another forum that I...
    That is exactly where I found it! Coincidences abound! I used Top Tropicals as I was looking for better photos/info. Mauro Pixanto (Brazil Plants) has a good rep on another forum that I frequent.He is also listing Lobelia excelsa, Lobelia fistulosa and Lobelia polyphylla.
    That is exactly where I found it! Coincidences abound! I used Top Tropicals as I was looking for better photos/info. Mauro Pixanto (Brazil Plants) has a good rep on another forum that I frequent.He is also listing Lobelia excelsa, Lobelia...
    That is exactly where I found it! Coincidences abound! I used Top Tropicals as I was looking for better photos/info. Mauro Pixanto (Brazil Plants) has a good rep on another forum that I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gay Gardener

Acidanthera care

Have the same problem with Schyzostilis (maybe bad spelling) in my garden they flower occasionally and not too many blooms.
    Have the same problem with Schyzostilis (maybe bad spelling) in my garden they flower occasionally and not too many blooms.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. longk

Acidanthera problems

When I first "re-discovered" gardening I bought some Acidanthera corms and got great results! Year after year too. Then I moved and the blooming of this plant was a thing of the past:scratch: On the...
    When I first "re-discovered" gardening I bought some Acidanthera corms and got great results! Year after year too. Then I moved and the blooming of this plant was a thing of the past:scratch: On the face of it everything is the same - both gardens face south, plenty of sun etc. So what am I doing...
    When I first "re-discovered" gardening I bought some Acidanthera corms and got great results! Year after year too. Then I moved and the blooming of this plant was a thing of the past:scratch: On the face of it everything is the same - both gardens face...
    When I first "re-discovered" gardening I bought some Acidanthera corms and got great results! Year after year too. Then I moved and the blooming of this plant was a thing of the past:scratch: On the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73
    Like x 5

Aciphylla aurea

Where was the photo taken Sal?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Acnistus / Iochroma Australe

Thanks Pete. Yes, I noticed more than 8. I also got some Vigna Snail Vine seeds. It says 5 but I got 6. I shall get sowng in a couple of hours when it cools down.A strange site, says Greece...
    Thanks Pete. Yes, I noticed more than 8. I also got some Vigna Snail Vine seeds. It says 5 but I got 6. I shall get sowng in a couple of hours when it cools down.A strange site, says Greece but the company is in Germany and came from Germany. Mostly edibles but some odd nice flowers...
    Thanks Pete. Yes, I noticed more than 8. I also got some Vigna Snail Vine seeds. It says 5 but I got 6. I shall get sowng in a couple of hours when it cools down.A strange site, says Greece but the company is in Germany and came from...
    Thanks Pete. Yes, I noticed more than 8. I also got some Vigna Snail Vine seeds. It says 5 but I got 6. I shall get sowng in a couple of hours when it cools down.A strange site, says Greece...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. sal73
    Like x 5

Acquascaping

I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish...
    I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish and eat all the plants . those are the public anemy number one....the most aggressive of all...
    I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish and eat all the plants . those are the public...
    I can see few ramirezs and an angel fish , nice balance as many fish are south american ....it would have impossible to keep an african Cichlid in there , they would have killed all the other fish...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria

Adenium obesum (Desert Rose)

Had J bring them out of the The Baffa to the front coffee table. The little ones are leafless.
    Had J bring them out of the The Baffa to the front coffee table. The little ones are leafless.
    Adenium Nursery 22 Aug 22.jpg Adenium Nurseru 25 Aug 22.jpg DSC03273.JPG Adenium 25 Aug 22.jpg Plumeria2 25 Aug 22.jpg Adeium 6 Sep 22.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. steveb1973

Advice needed Sago palm

Do let us know how you get on, I have one as well as hundreds of other gardeners and, mine is not over healthy may be due to the very cold winter.
    Do let us know how you get on, I have one as well as hundreds of other gardeners and, mine is not over healthy may be due to the very cold winter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. longk

Advice on Alstromeria and Moraea seeds please

Victoria - here is the Alstro that the seeds came from..................I'm trying to grow the seed to see if the slight variegation in the foliage will disappear.
    Victoria - here is the Alstro that the seeds came from..................I'm trying to grow the seed to see if the slight variegation in the foliage will disappear.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Barefootgardens

Advice re Hydroponics please?

Apparently if you call it a scientific experiment there is no failure, only lessons learned! ;)
    Apparently if you call it a scientific experiment there is no failure, only lessons learned! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. JUNEMARY

advocardo.s

Good luck Ladybird But have you tried them outside. [ March 17, 2005, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: pete2255 ]
    Good luck Ladybird But have you tried them outside. [ March 17, 2005, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: pete2255 ]
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice