Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK

What's looking Exotic 2024

I wondered what season it was in Puerto de la Cruz:scratch:
    P8310016.JPG P8310019.JPG P8310012.JPG 20240117_111820.jpg 20240118_113009.jpg 20240118_113101.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Fof

Calceolaria pavoni

I am in central Cornwall and this is new to me so I googled it. It is sold by Charlie Pridham at Roseland house in Chasewater so should be OK for you. Apparently it dies down in winter so would...
    I am in central Cornwall and this is new to me so I googled it. It is sold by Charlie Pridham at Roseland house in Chasewater so should be OK for you. Apparently it dies down in winter so would avoid the worst winds. I have a shrubby calceolaria grown from a cutting, now a 2 foot high shrub...
    I am in central Cornwall and this is new to me so I googled it. It is sold by Charlie Pridham at Roseland house in Chasewater so should be OK for you. Apparently it dies down in winter so would avoid the worst winds. I have a shrubby calceolaria...
    I am in central Cornwall and this is new to me so I googled it. It is sold by Charlie Pridham at Roseland house in Chasewater so should be OK for you. Apparently it dies down in winter so would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Punkdoc

Amicia zygomeris

Hi @Punkdoc it grew well for me in rural Nottinghamshire in an open garden but needed a good year to flower well
    Hi @Punkdoc it grew well for me in rural Nottinghamshire in an open garden but needed a good year to flower well
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Victoria

Bamboo needs help ...

Hiya Rod. I love Pandas. Hope you are all well. xxI read a post by Woo from years ago and he said he cut his back to a foot ... so I had J cut the above and one (can't remember name) which I...
    Hiya Rod. I love Pandas. Hope you are all well. xxI read a post by Woo from years ago and he said he cut his back to a foot ... so I had J cut the above and one (can't remember name) which I have had longer than yours.
    Hiya Rod. I love Pandas. Hope you are all well. xxI read a post by Woo from years ago and he said he cut his back to a foot ... so I had J cut the above and one (can't remember name) which I have had longer than yours.
    Hiya Rod. I love Pandas. Hope you are all well. xxI read a post by Woo from years ago and he said he cut his back to a foot ... so I had J cut the above and one (can't remember name) which I...
    Bamboo 17 Mar 24.jpg Bamboo Front1 Phyllostachys Aura 18 Mar 24.jpg Bamboo Courtyard 18 Mar 24 18 Mar 24.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Annie206

Rocking cordyline

yours were about the same size of mine before the "Beast from the East" KILLED THEM mine flowers in the summer which it hadnt done before then fell over lolIf me I would use a saw cut off...
    yours were about the same size of mine before the "Beast from the East" KILLED THEM mine flowers in the summer which it hadnt done before then fell over lolIf me I would use a saw cut off cleanly to the height you want it at .. let it heal over for a couple of days .. pull of about 50% of the...
    yours were about the same size of mine before the "Beast from the East" KILLED THEM mine flowers in the summer which it hadnt done before then fell over lolIf me I would use a saw cut off cleanly to the height you want it at .. let it heal...
    yours were about the same size of mine before the "Beast from the East" KILLED THEM mine flowers in the summer which it hadnt done before then fell over lolIf me I would use a saw cut off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Caz2024

Poorly moth orchid

It looks very dehydrated. You need to put the whole plant into a bucket of rain water and then allow all the water to drain through. Do not cut off the roots outside. Then put the plant on a...
    It looks very dehydrated. You need to put the whole plant into a bucket of rain water and then allow all the water to drain through. Do not cut off the roots outside. Then put the plant on a saucer of gravel and mist it to allow the humidity to increase.
    It looks very dehydrated. You need to put the whole plant into a bucket of rain water and then allow all the water to drain through. Do not cut off the roots outside. Then put the plant on a saucer of gravel and mist it to allow the humidity to...
    It looks very dehydrated. You need to put the whole plant into a bucket of rain water and then allow all the water to drain through. Do not cut off the roots outside. Then put the plant on a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. vbgr

Grow lights. Can someone tell me what all this means.

@NigelJ WOW! Thank you so much. That is so detailed. V
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. pete

Hedychium, Tara. Ginger.

I've been dividing a pot full of this today and have a few pieces to spare. If anyone is interested let me know either in this thread or by PM.I grow it mostly in a big pot, but it is fairly...
    I've been dividing a pot full of this today and have a few pieces to spare. If anyone is interested let me know either in this thread or by PM.I grow it mostly in a big pot, but it is fairly hardy in a well drained sunny spot.Numbers are limited but if I get a reasonable response I might...
    I've been dividing a pot full of this today and have a few pieces to spare. If anyone is interested let me know either in this thread or by PM.I grow it mostly in a big pot, but it is fairly hardy in a well drained sunny spot.Numbers are...
    I've been dividing a pot full of this today and have a few pieces to spare. If anyone is interested let me know either in this thread or by PM.I grow it mostly in a big pot, but it is fairly...
    DSC01725.JPG DSC01726.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ricky101
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fof

Dendrobium kingianum

Ours have been in flower for some months now. They do take time to reach flowering size. Ours are indoors in a laundry room and are misted often.
    Ours have been in flower for some months now. They do take time to reach flowering size. Ours are indoors in a laundry room and are misted often.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sogni verdi

Pineapple guava – Feijoa selloana

Not really too bothered about fruiting, but if it did it would be viewed purely as a bonus. Easterly winds could be an issue i guess, but like many other things in the garden i would be prepared...
    Not really too bothered about fruiting, but if it did it would be viewed purely as a bonus. Easterly winds could be an issue i guess, but like many other things in the garden i would be prepared to chance it.
    Not really too bothered about fruiting, but if it did it would be viewed purely as a bonus. Easterly winds could be an issue i guess, but like many other things in the garden i would be prepared to chance it.
    Not really too bothered about fruiting, but if it did it would be viewed purely as a bonus. Easterly winds could be an issue i guess, but like many other things in the garden i would be prepared...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Victoria
    Like x 9

PROTEA 'TANGO" Orange Pincushion (Leucospermum)

I have always thought cold tea was good for plants, ;) I have even put J's coffee grounds on things. And milk that has gone off, watered down. I was brought up to use what is available.
    I have always thought cold tea was good for plants, ;) I have even put J's coffee grounds on things. And milk that has gone off, watered down. I was brought up to use what is available.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Victoria

Aeschynanthus radicans

Yes looking it up it says humid, and apparently an epiphyite, a member of the gesneriace, most of which like a bit of shade.I managed to kill a columnea last summer by giving too much sun.
    Yes looking it up it says humid, and apparently an epiphyite, a member of the gesneriace, most of which like a bit of shade.I managed to kill a columnea last summer by giving too much sun.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. rarened

Eucalyptus in trouble

Not sure, give the bark a scrape at the bottom and see if it is still green.I'm wondering if they are dying up wards, if you get my meaning.I think these have a Limited life in pots any way.
    Not sure, give the bark a scrape at the bottom and see if it is still green.I'm wondering if they are dying up wards, if you get my meaning.I think these have a Limited life in pots any way.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. longk
    Like x 3

Alternative Alstros!

I can believe it! One of my cats is a right clumsy sod! But he is catching the odd squirrel lately so I let him off!Bomarea is easy (if slow) from seed. Plant World Seeds is where I got mine.
    I can believe it! One of my cats is a right clumsy sod! But he is catching the odd squirrel lately so I let him off!Bomarea is easy (if slow) from seed. Plant World Seeds is where I got mine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Polinizator

Argyreia nervosa

I`ve never growed one as it`s a really slow grower and the roots are really invasive ....really can help ...but welcome to the forum
    I`ve never growed one as it`s a really slow grower and the roots are really invasive ....really can help ...but welcome to the forum
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Elliewellie

Mature Monstera yellowing leaves

Looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't worry too much, just cut them off. Do you feed it . I find they are ok in relatively small pots. I also put another pot along side and trained the aerial...
    Looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't worry too much, just cut them off. Do you feed it . I find they are ok in relatively small pots. I also put another pot along side and trained the aerial roots into it.
    Looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't worry too much, just cut them off. Do you feed it . I find they are ok in relatively small pots. I also put another pot along side and trained the aerial roots into it.
    Looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't worry too much, just cut them off. Do you feed it . I find they are ok in relatively small pots. I also put another pot along side and trained the aerial...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Green Gremlin

Brought a mussa Abbysian Ventricusum

Ah I see. Haha that's why googling shows up just the red variety, thanks for reply. Keeping it for a few more weeks indoors,
    Ah I see. Haha that's why googling shows up just the red variety, thanks for reply. Keeping it for a few more weeks indoors,
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Kon

baccharis genistelloides

All I know about it is that it is not hardy in this country. It may just survive a light frost if it is very sheltered but prefers temperatures no lower than 5C and preferably above 10C.
    All I know about it is that it is not hardy in this country. It may just survive a light frost if it is very sheltered but prefers temperatures no lower than 5C and preferably above 10C.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Victoria

Schinus molle (Peruvian pepper)

Thanks Pete. The trunk is about two meters tall so not too small, plus in giant pot If T'other Hallf doesn't want to tackle it, I'll wait till Ben the Gardener comes in a week or two to trim...
    Thanks Pete. The trunk is about two meters tall so not too small, plus in giant pot If T'other Hallf doesn't want to tackle it, I'll wait till Ben the Gardener comes in a week or two to trim the shrubs (Tecomaria, Tecoma Stans, Oleanders) ... I don't 'do' ladders! :biggrin:
    Thanks Pete. The trunk is about two meters tall so not too small, plus in giant pot If T'other Hallf doesn't want to tackle it, I'll wait till Ben the Gardener comes in a week or two to trim the shrubs (Tecomaria, Tecoma Stans, Oleanders) ......
    Thanks Pete. The trunk is about two meters tall so not too small, plus in giant pot If T'other Hallf doesn't want to tackle it, I'll wait till Ben the Gardener comes in a week or two to trim...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. NigelJ
    Like x 4

German Grapefruit

I grew one many years ago from seed and did my usual winter covering but with no heat, it survived every winter but never fruited. Eventually I had to get rid of it due to building work.
    I grew one many years ago from seed and did my usual winter covering but with no heat, it survived every winter but never fruited. Eventually I had to get rid of it due to building work.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice