Link to new threadWhat's looking Exotic 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. joolz68
    Like x 7

Canna 2016

Its droppin cold now :( i still have some flowers and a few ready to bud but arnt we usually due a frost 1 oct?
    Its droppin cold now :( i still have some flowers and a few ready to bud but arnt we usually due a frost 1 oct?
    aug 11th (1).JPG 20160424-P4240021.jpg canna.jpg DSC_0094.JPG DSC_0111.JPG DSC_0112.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. pete
    Like x 12

What's looking exotic in June.

Oooops, sorry Kristen!! You are so politea proper gent sir, Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Banana Man
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ARMANDII
    Like x 5

CANNA - 2017

Always worth experimenting though pete. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Angelina
    Like x 6

First brugmansia in my life germinated :))

Brilliant Angelina. Brugmansias don't seem to mind the cold, so you could find that it will continue to flower until it is hit by frost. Sadly I had to cut off loads of flower buds when I put them...
    Brilliant Angelina. Brugmansias don't seem to mind the cold, so you could find that it will continue to flower until it is hit by frost. Sadly I had to cut off loads of flower buds when I put them in a shed for the winter. You will probably now appreciate that Brugmansia flowers on the apical...
    Brilliant Angelina. Brugmansias don't seem to mind the cold, so you could find that it will continue to flower until it is hit by frost. Sadly I had to cut off loads of flower buds when I put them in a shed for the winter. You will probably now...
    Brilliant Angelina. Brugmansias don't seem to mind the cold, so you could find that it will continue to flower until it is hit by frost. Sadly I had to cut off loads of flower buds when I put them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK

Exotic seed swap anyone?

LINK to the Cuttings Thread, just in case anyone needs it
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Banana Man

September Bananaman's Hideout...

Hi roders, that is another clump of rather tall Beth Chattos finest Miscanthus sacchariflorus :D
    Hi roders, that is another clump of rather tall Beth Chattos finest Miscanthus sacchariflorus :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kristen
    Like x 6

What's looking exotic in September 2012

:blue thumb: I'm sure the fact they are undercover from rain will make the big difference.
    :blue thumb: I'm sure the fact they are undercover from rain will make the big difference.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sal73
    Like x 4

Suran

coolsox , that was a new experiment and the spring didn`t help at all , no one know what would happen and so far I still don`t have a new bulb out yet .... but in case we can always try again
    coolsox , that was a new experiment and the spring didn`t help at all , no one know what would happen and so far I still don`t have a new bulb out yet .... but in case we can always try again
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. shiney

What's looking Exotic in 2021

2022 Thread : What's looking Exotic in 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. longk
    Like x 6

Passiflora and other "exotic" climbers

That is really lovely Vicky.My parents had a huge one that if left to do as it wished would have taken over the back of their kitchen wall......we had to fight our way through it at times to get...
    That is really lovely Vicky.My parents had a huge one that if left to do as it wished would have taken over the back of their kitchen wall......we had to fight our way through it at times to get in and out of the side gate!! Back when Mum was still with us she had it neatly under control.:dbgrtmb: In...
    That is really lovely Vicky.My parents had a huge one that if left to do as it wished would have taken over the back of their kitchen wall......we had to fight our way through it at times to get in and out of the side gate!! Back when Mum was...
    That is really lovely Vicky.My parents had a huge one that if left to do as it wished would have taken over the back of their kitchen wall......we had to fight our way through it at times to get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Banana Man

Bananaman's November Hideout

Its coming early 2007 I hope.www.bananaman.eu :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Victoria
    Like x 9

Hibiscus rosa-sinensis

Thanks This one was a cutting from a friend over 10 years ago and I have no idea which variey it is. It was always golden when we lived in Belgium but a good Vendée heatwave turns it...
    Thanks This one was a cutting from a friend over 10 years ago and I have no idea which variey it is. It was always golden when we lived in Belgium but a good Vendée heatwave turns it fiery.It'll take a while but I'll post a photoo when it does bloom again.
    Thanks This one was a cutting from a friend over 10 years ago and I have no idea which variey it is. It was always golden when we lived in Belgium but a good Vendée heatwave turns it fiery.It'll take a while but I'll post a photoo when it...
    Thanks This one was a cutting from a friend over 10 years ago and I have no idea which variey it is. It was always golden when we lived in Belgium but a good Vendée heatwave turns it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. noisette47

Saving a banana...

I turn my red ensete upside down for a few days prior to over wintering to drain out as much water as possible. I've not found a sure fire way of storing it though. Last winter I took it out the...
    I turn my red ensete upside down for a few days prior to over wintering to drain out as much water as possible. I've not found a sure fire way of storing it though. Last winter I took it out the pot and left the rootball intact with a couple of leaves. It survived in the frost free greenhouse...
    I turn my red ensete upside down for a few days prior to over wintering to drain out as much water as possible. I've not found a sure fire way of storing it though. Last winter I took it out the pot and left the rootball intact with a couple of...
    I turn my red ensete upside down for a few days prior to over wintering to drain out as much water as possible. I've not found a sure fire way of storing it though. Last winter I took it out the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Bilbo675
    Like x 8

What's Looking Exotic in October 2012

See also: What's looking exotic in November 2012 What's Looking Good - Month-by-month Index
    See also: What's looking exotic in November 2012 What's Looking Good - Month-by-month Index
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Victoria
    Like x 8

Jatropha multifida

I took four leaves off the multifida an two off the podagrica and think another two will have to go. The podariga did this last year.
    I took four leaves off the multifida an two off the podagrica and think another two will have to go. The podariga did this last year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JWK
    Like x 5

Carnivorous plants

I think I have some seeds sprouted. Unfortunately I thought the whole lot was a waste of my time after months of nothing but moss and I put the trays with soil blocks (4 each) outside to let them...
    I think I have some seeds sprouted. Unfortunately I thought the whole lot was a waste of my time after months of nothing but moss and I put the trays with soil blocks (4 each) outside to let them freeze overnight tonight to kill off the moss and allow me to re use the soil. Well there's...
    I think I have some seeds sprouted. Unfortunately I thought the whole lot was a waste of my time after months of nothing but moss and I put the trays with soil blocks (4 each) outside to let them freeze overnight tonight to kill off the moss and...
    I think I have some seeds sprouted. Unfortunately I thought the whole lot was a waste of my time after months of nothing but moss and I put the trays with soil blocks (4 each) outside to let them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. PeterS
    Like x 10

The flowers of Madeira.

i visited grew just Cymbidiums for the cut flower market thousands and thousands of them incredible.
    i visited grew just Cymbidiums for the cut flower market thousands and thousands of them incredible.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kristen

What's Looking Exotic In September 2013

New thread available for What's Looking Exotic in October 2013 - in case you want to mark it as "watched"
    New thread available for What's Looking Exotic in October 2013 - in case you want to mark it as "watched"
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice