1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Salamander

ideas on creating a new tropical looking garden

Thank you - much appreciated advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Wayne
    Like x 4

A few pictures of last year's Brugmansia's

?? Never was fluent in Gibberish :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. thered

Tree fern help is it dead?

Steel rots, so not too sure as to the implications of that on a Tree Fern, but it can be bad for the human body (especially the blood stream).Quite possible that they have taken their toll...
    Steel rots, so not too sure as to the implications of that on a Tree Fern, but it can be bad for the human body (especially the blood stream).Quite possible that they have taken their toll on it to the extent that the struggle to survive was just too much this year.
    Steel rots, so not too sure as to the implications of that on a Tree Fern, but it can be bad for the human body (especially the blood stream).Quite possible that they have taken their toll on it to the extent that the struggle to survive...
    Steel rots, so not too sure as to the implications of that on a Tree Fern, but it can be bad for the human body (especially the blood stream).Quite possible that they have taken their toll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sal73
    Like x 4

Suran

coolsox , that was a new experiment and the spring didn`t help at all , no one know what would happen and so far I still don`t have a new bulb out yet .... but in case we can always try again
    coolsox , that was a new experiment and the spring didn`t help at all , no one know what would happen and so far I still don`t have a new bulb out yet .... but in case we can always try again
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JWK

What's looking Exotic in 2022

I had a quick scan through the video. I know nothing about Plumeria but do know that it is not good practice to do gardening and/or move heavy pots whilst in bare feet. :doh:
    I had a quick scan through the video. I know nothing about Plumeria but do know that it is not good practice to do gardening and/or move heavy pots whilst in bare feet. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. PeterS
    Like x 6

Brugmansia 2014

Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem...
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem fine, as they grow really well if planted out.I think moisture is really the key in hot weather.
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem fine, as they grow really well if planted out.I...
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. HarryS

Bougainvillea Info

I took pics of the pink, I have them on C-D somewhere. Your Images are lovely Vicky and Harry.
    I took pics of the pink, I have them on C-D somewhere. Your Images are lovely Vicky and Harry.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. pete
    Like x 7

What's looking exotic in August 2012

Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here...
    Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here (frost pocket). Depending on the winter it should be relatively hardy but as we had -8/9c here last...
    Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here (frost pocket). Depending on the winter it should...
    Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. longk
    Like x 6

Passiflora and other "exotic" climbers

That is really lovely Vicky.My parents had a huge one that if left to do as it wished would have taken over the back of their kitchen wall......we had to fight our way through it at times to get...
    That is really lovely Vicky.My parents had a huge one that if left to do as it wished would have taken over the back of their kitchen wall......we had to fight our way through it at times to get in and out of the side gate!! Back when Mum was still with us she had it neatly under control.:dbgrtmb: In...
    That is really lovely Vicky.My parents had a huge one that if left to do as it wished would have taken over the back of their kitchen wall......we had to fight our way through it at times to get in and out of the side gate!! Back when Mum was...
    That is really lovely Vicky.My parents had a huge one that if left to do as it wished would have taken over the back of their kitchen wall......we had to fight our way through it at times to get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Victoria
    Like x 4

Cycas revoluta

He is very handsome ...
    He is very handsome ...
    He is very handsome ...
    He is very handsome ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK
    Like x 12

What's looking Exotic in 2020

New Thread Here:-What's looking Exotic in 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kristen
    Like x 5

Plants with Large Leaves 2014

Naw! It's a large leaf with a bird standing on it - specifically to illustrate the size of the leaf.As soon as I'd taken the picture I told him he could fly away :heehee:
    Naw! It's a large leaf with a bird standing on it - specifically to illustrate the size of the leaf.As soon as I'd taken the picture I told him he could fly away :heehee:
    DSC_0176.JPG DSC_0171.JPG DSC_0177.JPG DSC_0172.JPG DSC_0180.JPG 132_3205.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. longk

Brugmansia sanguinea

Hi Victoria Wayne lured me from the 'Darkside' LOL Its nice to be here, Thanks for the Welcome.AlanHurstwood Brugmansia
    Hi Victoria Wayne lured me from the 'Darkside' LOL Its nice to be here, Thanks for the Welcome.AlanHurstwood Brugmansia
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. PeterS
    Like x 10

Cannas - 10 things you didn't know

Strictly speaking edible ginger, I think, is Zingiber officinale, as opposed to the ornamental gingers that are various species of Hedychium. But they are all the same family and closely related.
    Strictly speaking edible ginger, I think, is Zingiber officinale, as opposed to the ornamental gingers that are various species of Hedychium. But they are all the same family and closely related.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Victoria
    Like x 9

Hibiscus rosa-sinensis

My ever-blooming Standard Red ...
    Hib1 6 May.jpg Hib1 22 Jun.jpg Hib2 22 Jun.jpg Hibiscus 2 June 2012.JPG Hibiscus Pagoda Red 9 May 21.jpg Hibiscus Peach 1 Jun.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kristen
    Like x 6

What's looking exotic in September 2012

:blue thumb: I'm sure the fact they are undercover from rain will make the big difference.
    :blue thumb: I'm sure the fact they are undercover from rain will make the big difference.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. PeterS

Giant banana - Ensete montbeliardii

Yup. Any banana growing in an exposed site looks manky.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sal73

Tropical ground cover

Maybe a form of Oxalis (not the rampant kind), or some ground cover type of Lysimachia such as L. lysii? Lysimachia plants are generally fairly hardy but not sure if they are evergreen.
    Maybe a form of Oxalis (not the rampant kind), or some ground cover type of Lysimachia such as L. lysii? Lysimachia plants are generally fairly hardy but not sure if they are evergreen.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. PeterS
    Like x 14

What's looking exotic in 2019

Exotic plants in the local area taken today.
    2019_01130002.JPG 2019_01130003.JPG 2019_01130004.JPG DSC_1657.JPG DSC_1658.JPG 2019_03090007.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Liamesque

Flamboyant leaves yellowing and falling

Been there, done that!!!! :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice