1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Bilbo675

Brugmansia Question?

Here's the slightly taller of my two "seedlings", now approx 2ft tall and in an 8" pot; they're now too big for the bedroom windowsill and have been moved to the kitchen until tomorrow when they...
    Here's the slightly taller of my two "seedlings", now approx 2ft tall and in an 8" pot; they're now too big for the bedroom windowsill and have been moved to the kitchen until tomorrow when they can be moved to the greenhouse now that the weather has warmed up considerably....:dbgrtmb: One more...
    Here's the slightly taller of my two "seedlings", now approx 2ft tall and in an 8" pot; they're now too big for the bedroom windowsill and have been moved to the kitchen until tomorrow when they can be moved to the greenhouse now that the weather...
    Here's the slightly taller of my two "seedlings", now approx 2ft tall and in an 8" pot; they're now too big for the bedroom windowsill and have been moved to the kitchen until tomorrow when they...
    Ebay 040.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. catztail

brugmansia question

I think it gets pretty cold in winter where it comes from, but at the same time, its probably dryer and spring comes a bit earlier, with a guaranteed summer.
    I think it gets pretty cold in winter where it comes from, but at the same time, its probably dryer and spring comes a bit earlier, with a guaranteed summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Victoria

Brugmansia problem

We all need bigger greenhouses:) Especially this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Wayne
    Like x 5

Brugmansia Mobisu

I love the color, very nice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. averil

brugmansia herrenhauser garten

Tks Wayne, I shall give it my best shot
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. averil

BRUGMANSIA EMERGENCY!!!!!!

Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt...
    Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt realise there was warm and cold groups :scratch:. Ive repotted him but into a mixture of multi with some john...
    Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt realise there was warm and cold groups :scratch:. Ive repotted...
    Peter, Thanks for all that info. Bertie is definitely of the warm group and i have just germinated a sanguinea from the cold group. Oh dear Ive been googling a lot about these things but didnt...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. PeterS

Brugmansia cuttings

That's really kind of you Pete:dbgrtmb:...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lolimac
    Like x 10

Brugmansia 2015

I have two types of Brugs (Suavolens and Miss Emilie McKenzie). Both are from cuttings this year and I have also grown them as standards with clear stems until the 'Y' fork. In only 4 months or so...
    I have two types of Brugs (Suavolens and Miss Emilie McKenzie). Both are from cuttings this year and I have also grown them as standards with clear stems until the 'Y' fork. In only 4 months or so I am pretty impressed at the speed they grow and the numerous huge blooms they throw out. I will...
    I have two types of Brugs (Suavolens and Miss Emilie McKenzie). Both are from cuttings this year and I have also grown them as standards with clear stems until the 'Y' fork. In only 4 months or so I am pretty impressed at the speed they grow and...
    I have two types of Brugs (Suavolens and Miss Emilie McKenzie). Both are from cuttings this year and I have also grown them as standards with clear stems until the 'Y' fork. In only 4 months or so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. PeterS
    Like x 6

Brugmansia 2014

Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem...
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem fine, as they grow really well if planted out.I think moisture is really the key in hot weather.
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem fine, as they grow really well if planted out.I...
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. grinch

brugmansia & bananas

I leave my 6 banana plants outside all wrapped up in fleece. I have not lost a plant yet. I also put straw around the roots and plenty of it.
    I leave my 6 banana plants outside all wrapped up in fleece. I have not lost a plant yet. I also put straw around the roots and plenty of it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. averil

Brug worry ....again!

Not really - if it doesn't flower you can just take cuttings and flog them on ebay for £13 a time. Simples!
    Not really - if it doesn't flower you can just take cuttings and flog them on ebay for £13 a time. Simples!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. al n

browning leaves on phoenix palm ( CIDP)?

I thought they might be new purchases, just wondering how used they are to out lousy outdoor conditions. On the other had it could be sun scorch from the warm spell a week or more ago.
    I thought they might be new purchases, just wondering how used they are to out lousy outdoor conditions. On the other had it could be sun scorch from the warm spell a week or more ago.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Green Gremlin

Brought a mussa Abbysian Ventricusum

Ah I see. Haha that's why googling shows up just the red variety, thanks for reply. Keeping it for a few more weeks indoors,
    Ah I see. Haha that's why googling shows up just the red variety, thanks for reply. Keeping it for a few more weeks indoors,
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kitty

Bromeliad

The white coating on some Broms, Vriesia, Aechmea, Neoregelia and Billbergias for example is called indumentum and helps them absorb moisture from the air. As we don't have a pic from Kitty we...
    The white coating on some Broms, Vriesia, Aechmea, Neoregelia and Billbergias for example is called indumentum and helps them absorb moisture from the air. As we don't have a pic from Kitty we can't ID it for her .
    The white coating on some Broms, Vriesia, Aechmea, Neoregelia and Billbergias for example is called indumentum and helps them absorb moisture from the air. As we don't have a pic from Kitty we can't ID it for her .
    The white coating on some Broms, Vriesia, Aechmea, Neoregelia and Billbergias for example is called indumentum and helps them absorb moisture from the air. As we don't have a pic from Kitty we...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. chase100

Broken Canna Shoot...

Yes, you're right, Pete. That's another reason why some of the Cannas are in the Greenhouse and some in the Kitchen.:thumbsup::D
    Yes, you're right, Pete. That's another reason why some of the Cannas are in the Greenhouse and some in the Kitchen.:thumbsup::D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Victoria

Bougainvillea Sport

Lovely Bougainvillea Pete - and what a healthy looking Strelitzia too. I still can't believe that its all growing outside for you.
    Lovely Bougainvillea Pete - and what a healthy looking Strelitzia too. I still can't believe that its all growing outside for you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Boug123

Bougainvillea not growing, and small leaves

Thank you to all of you. It doesn't sound like it's anything too serious at least. I had thought that it could still be adapting to the large ceramic pot, but there's not much I can do now.I...
    Thank you to all of you. It doesn't sound like it's anything too serious at least. I had thought that it could still be adapting to the large ceramic pot, but there's not much I can do now.I appreciate your advice and if it doesn't improve I may try cutting it much smaller as Pete suggests....
    Thank you to all of you. It doesn't sound like it's anything too serious at least. I had thought that it could still be adapting to the large ceramic pot, but there's not much I can do now.I appreciate your advice and if it doesn't improve I...
    Thank you to all of you. It doesn't sound like it's anything too serious at least. I had thought that it could still be adapting to the large ceramic pot, but there's not much I can do now.I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. HarryS

Bougainvillea leaf problem ?

Thanks for the link Victoria :blue thumb: I have been through the items , none seem to match my problem . I am hoping it is what Pete thought , sun and wind burn on tender leaves . I am going to prune back...
    Thanks for the link Victoria :blue thumb: I have been through the items , none seem to match my problem . I am hoping it is what Pete thought , sun and wind burn on tender leaves . I am going to prune back to healthy growth and get it back outside in a sheltered shady spot. I seem to be suffering the 7...
    Thanks for the link Victoria :blue thumb: I have been through the items , none seem to match my problem . I am hoping it is what Pete thought , sun and wind burn on tender leaves . I am going to prune back to healthy growth and get it back outside in a...
    Thanks for the link Victoria :blue thumb: I have been through the items , none seem to match my problem . I am hoping it is what Pete thought , sun and wind burn on tender leaves . I am going to prune back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HarryS

Bougainvillea Info

I took pics of the pink, I have them on C-D somewhere. Your Images are lovely Vicky and Harry.
    I took pics of the pink, I have them on C-D somewhere. Your Images are lovely Vicky and Harry.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. hydrogardener

Bougainvillea for the greenhouse

Well, the plant certainly seems to like the spot it has found in the greenhouse, as it has been flowering for weeks. I am going to let it fight it out with the cucumbers for the netting support.
    Well, the plant certainly seems to like the spot it has found in the greenhouse, as it has been flowering for weeks. I am going to let it fight it out with the cucumbers for the netting support.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice