1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. strongylodon

"Palmyfying of Britain

I've used the palm centre, and its worth a visit if you like palms of course :D But they also sell other plants, must say they are a bit pricey I thought, and some of their hardiness claims are...
    I've used the palm centre, and its worth a visit if you like palms of course :D But they also sell other plants, must say they are a bit pricey I thought, and some of their hardiness claims are a bit stretched. Well I think so, anyway. They tend to say that it will survive at a certain...
    I've used the palm centre, and its worth a visit if you like palms of course :D But they also sell other plants, must say they are a bit pricey I thought, and some of their hardiness claims are a bit stretched. Well I think so, anyway. They...
    I've used the palm centre, and its worth a visit if you like palms of course :D But they also sell other plants, must say they are a bit pricey I thought, and some of their hardiness claims are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. steveb1973

Advice needed Sago palm

Do let us know how you get on, I have one as well as hundreds of other gardeners and, mine is not over healthy may be due to the very cold winter.
    Do let us know how you get on, I have one as well as hundreds of other gardeners and, mine is not over healthy may be due to the very cold winter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. grinch

musa bajoo

PeteGorgeous leaves. Is getting rid of all the fruit a problem? :DNik
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. DoubleD

Pampass

DEFINATELY DON'T BURN, you can use what ever means needed to remove the dead leaves, as long as the new ones are not cut. yes trim with hedge trimmer to above the new growth, or by hand,...
    DEFINATELY DON'T BURN, you can use what ever means needed to remove the dead leaves, as long as the new ones are not cut. yes trim with hedge trimmer to above the new growth, or by hand, remembering to wear suitable hand protection, and arms covered.
    DEFINATELY DON'T BURN, you can use what ever means needed to remove the dead leaves, as long as the new ones are not cut. yes trim with hedge trimmer to above the new growth, or by hand, remembering to wear suitable hand protection, and arms covered.
    DEFINATELY DON'T BURN, you can use what ever means needed to remove the dead leaves, as long as the new ones are not cut. yes trim with hedge trimmer to above the new growth, or by hand,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. maxine

Rubber Plant

Anne Marie, you could cut the old plant back pretty hard and let it shoot away from the base.
    Anne Marie, you could cut the old plant back pretty hard and let it shoot away from the base.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Daisies

keeping bananas

yes, she eats them all! She loves all fruit, and carrots too! Between her and the birds, we rarely got any loganberries! And I've seen her on her back legs, front legs in the air, stretching...
    yes, she eats them all! She loves all fruit, and carrots too! Between her and the birds, we rarely got any loganberries! And I've seen her on her back legs, front legs in the air, stretching her head up for grapes! :D
    yes, she eats them all! She loves all fruit, and carrots too! Between her and the birds, we rarely got any loganberries! And I've seen her on her back legs, front legs in the air, stretching her head up for grapes! :D
    yes, she eats them all! She loves all fruit, and carrots too! Between her and the birds, we rarely got any loganberries! And I've seen her on her back legs, front legs in the air, stretching...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. julesrad

cordyline

I have a cordyline with 2 young plants growing from the bottom, can i cut these off and grow, or what is the best way to grow them on.
    I have a cordyline with 2 young plants growing from the bottom, can i cut these off and grow, or what is the best way to grow them on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Honey Bee

Bananas - have I killed them?

Do [ 02. May 2006, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Webmaster ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wildflower

banana plants

Is that basjoo, banana man, I had one flower a couple of years ago but no fruit. I was under the impression that they needed another plant to pollenate, unless its something like cavendishii. I...
    Is that basjoo, banana man, I had one flower a couple of years ago but no fruit. I was under the impression that they needed another plant to pollenate, unless its something like cavendishii. I hope your right about the hot summer. :D
    Is that basjoo, banana man, I had one flower a couple of years ago but no fruit. I was under the impression that they needed another plant to pollenate, unless its something like cavendishii. I hope your right about the hot summer. :D
    Is that basjoo, banana man, I had one flower a couple of years ago but no fruit. I was under the impression that they needed another plant to pollenate, unless its something like cavendishii. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Banana Man

Holy enormous banana leaf Bananaman

:DI bet you can grow some stonking palms and bananas in Italy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Honey Bee

Poorly Bananas??????

Cheers BM - I shall post the results when they start to grow! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. FANCY

TROPICAL PLANTS

THANKS FOR THE E.MAIL WEBMASTER i THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA.fancy :eek: :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Banana Man

Banana Update

Rosa I mean't to say to you don't put the banana on or over any wooden furniture as the leaves perspire at night and will leave small pools of water on your best furniture
    Rosa I mean't to say to you don't put the banana on or over any wooden furniture as the leaves perspire at night and will leave small pools of water on your best furniture
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kandy

FAO Bananaman

Well BM very impressed, you certainly have created what looks like a large space, Do you have edible bananas or is the weather a problem in our country as i had banana trees on my patio when i...
    Well BM very impressed, you certainly have created what looks like a large space, Do you have edible bananas or is the weather a problem in our country as i had banana trees on my patio when i lived in houston,texas. mind dont know what kind they were, in actual fact a friend of mine over there...
    Well BM very impressed, you certainly have created what looks like a large space, Do you have edible bananas or is the weather a problem in our country as i had banana trees on my patio when i lived in houston,texas. mind dont know what kind they...
    Well BM very impressed, you certainly have created what looks like a large space, Do you have edible bananas or is the weather a problem in our country as i had banana trees on my patio when i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. madflower

fao banana man re madflowers bamboo

Thankyou Dixy, Dendro and Jazid, with respect to the Eucalyptus and Hazel contorta, I've bought westland compost with ji no.3, does this sound about right for potting in large pots ( about...
    Thankyou Dixy, Dendro and Jazid, with respect to the Eucalyptus and Hazel contorta, I've bought westland compost with ji no.3, does this sound about right for potting in large pots ( about 1ftandhalf in diameter)? I also have some bonemeal should i add this when potting up? :confused: , will i...
    Thankyou Dixy, Dendro and Jazid, with respect to the Eucalyptus and Hazel contorta, I've bought westland compost with ji no.3, does this sound about right for potting in large pots ( about 1ftandhalf in diameter)? I also have some bonemeal should...
    Thankyou Dixy, Dendro and Jazid, with respect to the Eucalyptus and Hazel contorta, I've bought westland compost with ji no.3, does this sound about right for potting in large pots ( about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. jazid

Trying to catch up with Banana Man!

Hi jazid, I had this happen to me with my photobucket account. They were concerned and tried to help, they could see my 19 pictures but I couldn't, never did find out what happened!
    Hi jazid, I had this happen to me with my photobucket account. They were concerned and tried to help, they could see my 19 pictures but I couldn't, never did find out what happened!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mrs Bucket

Banana Split!

mrs bucket, what is the name of your banana plant, there should be a tag on the plant. is it musa basjoo?
    mrs bucket, what is the name of your banana plant, there should be a tag on the plant. is it musa basjoo?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Webmaster

FAO Bananaman

Very :cool: :cool: :cool:Looks like a good size plant for only �£7.45.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. steveb1973

my new fish F.A.O. Banana man

Theyre so beautiful Steve - and great photos
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Banana Man

September Bananaman's Hideout...

Hi roders, that is another clump of rather tall Beth Chattos finest Miscanthus sacchariflorus :D
    Hi roders, that is another clump of rather tall Beth Chattos finest Miscanthus sacchariflorus :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice