1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. windy miller

FAO Bananaman

:D :D Mississippi's Burning!! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Banana Man

October Bananaman's Hide-Out

:)Bananas by Christmas then BM.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. daz and debs

BANANA PLANTS

thanx dave good advise
    thanx dave good advise
    thanx dave good advise
    thanx dave good advise
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Liz

Cannas again

I'll take mine into the greenhouse to be on the safe side. I don't trust the weather in Wilts, and I definitely haven't got Pete's talents!
    I'll take mine into the greenhouse to be on the safe side. I don't trust the weather in Wilts, and I definitely haven't got Pete's talents!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sparkle

cannas

Thanks Ornata, I will give it a go and keep a close eye on them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. garden_fiend

favourite tropical plants

Bananas Bananas Bananas :DHave a look at my hideout threads there are loads of hardy tropicals to choose from in the UK. ...
    Bananas Bananas Bananas :DHave a look at my hideout threads there are loads of hardy tropicals to choose from in the UK. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. dixy

bananas

oops sorry bananaman..I'll just pop off & read it now...thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. walnut

bananas

It would be interesting to know how effective that method would be in the UK. Given our damp winters, and much cooler less humid summers, I somehow think that initial growth in spring could be...
    It would be interesting to know how effective that method would be in the UK. Given our damp winters, and much cooler less humid summers, I somehow think that initial growth in spring could be very slow to start, but as I say its interesting.
    It would be interesting to know how effective that method would be in the UK. Given our damp winters, and much cooler less humid summers, I somehow think that initial growth in spring could be very slow to start, but as I say its interesting.
    It would be interesting to know how effective that method would be in the UK. Given our damp winters, and much cooler less humid summers, I somehow think that initial growth in spring could be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Banana Man

Bananaman's November Hideout

Its coming early 2007 I hope.www.bananaman.eu :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. grinch

brugmansia & bananas

I leave my 6 banana plants outside all wrapped up in fleece. I have not lost a plant yet. I also put straw around the roots and plenty of it.
    I leave my 6 banana plants outside all wrapped up in fleece. I have not lost a plant yet. I also put straw around the roots and plenty of it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Waco

Which Exotics?

Hi dendy, First is Echinocereus as is the second and third, I'm not sure about the exact naming as they were grown from packets of mixed seed. Third is a lobivia and the last is notocactus...
    Hi dendy, First is Echinocereus as is the second and third, I'm not sure about the exact naming as they were grown from packets of mixed seed. Third is a lobivia and the last is notocactus ottonis. They are all easy to grow and flower, along with rebutia which really grows like a weed and...
    Hi dendy, First is Echinocereus as is the second and third, I'm not sure about the exact naming as they were grown from packets of mixed seed. Third is a lobivia and the last is notocactus ottonis. They are all easy to grow and flower, along...
    Hi dendy, First is Echinocereus as is the second and third, I'm not sure about the exact naming as they were grown from packets of mixed seed. Third is a lobivia and the last is notocactus...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. jazid

This ones for BananaMan!

I took your advice, Jazid - and the catalogue arrived a week ago! I thought I was going to ahve to chase it up as it took ages, but it's here, and it's as good as you said! Throoughly recommend...
    I took your advice, Jazid - and the catalogue arrived a week ago! I thought I was going to ahve to chase it up as it took ages, but it's here, and it's as good as you said! Throoughly recommend it, everyone!
    I took your advice, Jazid - and the catalogue arrived a week ago! I thought I was going to ahve to chase it up as it took ages, but it's here, and it's as good as you said! Throoughly recommend it, everyone!
    I took your advice, Jazid - and the catalogue arrived a week ago! I thought I was going to ahve to chase it up as it took ages, but it's here, and it's as good as you said! Throoughly recommend...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Banana Man

BM's Banana Crop

Looking good BM are they basjoo?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Waco

Banana plant help!

Yes - AND I managed to remember the number to the alarm which I nearly set off!Banana looked a bit thirsty, so I gave it about half a cup of water from bottom saucer and it was lapped up. House...
    Yes - AND I managed to remember the number to the alarm which I nearly set off!Banana looked a bit thirsty, so I gave it about half a cup of water from bottom saucer and it was lapped up. House felt cold, so I didn't over doo it.All this worry over the banana plant, we have booked two weeks...
    Yes - AND I managed to remember the number to the alarm which I nearly set off!Banana looked a bit thirsty, so I gave it about half a cup of water from bottom saucer and it was lapped up. House felt cold, so I didn't over doo it.All this...
    Yes - AND I managed to remember the number to the alarm which I nearly set off!Banana looked a bit thirsty, so I gave it about half a cup of water from bottom saucer and it was lapped up. House...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. rachelg

Banana Advice

I assumed as much I am trying some ensete seeds but would always buy basjoo from KobaKoba. Their plants are second to none owing to their expert seed selection.They really are good and have...
    I assumed as much I am trying some ensete seeds but would always buy basjoo from KobaKoba. Their plants are second to none owing to their expert seed selection.They really are good and have some amazing bananas of fanrtastic quality.Stu AKA Bananaman :cool: :D
    I assumed as much I am trying some ensete seeds but would always buy basjoo from KobaKoba. Their plants are second to none owing to their expert seed selection.They really are good and have some amazing bananas of fanrtastic quality.Stu...
    I assumed as much I am trying some ensete seeds but would always buy basjoo from KobaKoba. Their plants are second to none owing to their expert seed selection.They really are good and have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Banana Man

Relax...eat a banana....

BM I don't know, but from the workers' reactions I think they are nasty ones! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D-------------- shiney
    BM I don't know, but from the workers' reactions I think they are nasty ones! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D-------------- shiney
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. daz and debs

banana plant

one day bm my garden will be just like yours mate [i wish] lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Waco

I GOT BANANAS!!!!!

I am already a neurotic parent
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. daz and debs

banana food

Great mate thay look verry healthy...daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Banana Man

Bananaman's Feb Hideout

Lovely pics BM! I love the iris but unfortunately we never have much luck with them, they bloom one year and then that is the end of them. Have the same bad luck with several other flowering...
    Lovely pics BM! I love the iris but unfortunately we never have much luck with them, they bloom one year and then that is the end of them. Have the same bad luck with several other flowering plants. Soil not right, bugs, not enough care, I don't know, so I give up after a couple of years.
    Lovely pics BM! I love the iris but unfortunately we never have much luck with them, they bloom one year and then that is the end of them. Have the same bad luck with several other flowering plants. Soil not right, bugs, not enough care, I...
    Lovely pics BM! I love the iris but unfortunately we never have much luck with them, they bloom one year and then that is the end of them. Have the same bad luck with several other flowering...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice