1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. richardb

Trouble with Cannas

My Dad's got some which hadn't flowered before, he moved them to a very sunny spot in the garden last year and they flowered well - so it seems like position is important, as others have said!
    My Dad's got some which hadn't flowered before, he moved them to a very sunny spot in the garden last year and they flowered well - so it seems like position is important, as others have said!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. daz and debs

banana man

Wow thanks alot bm cant wait it will look cool growing over stream..thanx..daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Waco

Banana seeds

8 weeks 2 daysHang in there!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. daz and debs

banana book?

Hi can anyone tell me if there is a book on growing bananas please thank you ..daz
    Hi can anyone tell me if there is a book on growing bananas please thank you ..daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Madahhlia

Growing tropical tubers

Hi I grow colocasia esculenta, the taro, I've just put it straight in the garden with the top level with the soil, it soon sprouts and gets loads of leaves. Then in October I just dig it up cut...
    Hi I grow colocasia esculenta, the taro, I've just put it straight in the garden with the top level with the soil, it soon sprouts and gets loads of leaves. Then in October I just dig it up cut off the leaves and store in greenhouse. I also have the black magic one, that still in it's pot from...
    Hi I grow colocasia esculenta, the taro, I've just put it straight in the garden with the top level with the soil, it soon sprouts and gets loads of leaves. Then in October I just dig it up cut off the leaves and store in greenhouse. I also have...
    Hi I grow colocasia esculenta, the taro, I've just put it straight in the garden with the top level with the soil, it soon sprouts and gets loads of leaves. Then in October I just dig it up cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. nicsdad

banana plant outside

Hi pete thay look cracking mate.This is my first year growing nanas.I cant wait till my plant gets big.My basjoos about 5 ft at the moment...daz
    Hi pete thay look cracking mate.This is my first year growing nanas.I cant wait till my plant gets big.My basjoos about 5 ft at the moment...daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. daz and debs

banana man

Hi banana man yes they get a bit droopy in the summer some days, I just get the hose on them at night for a few mins and that revives them.
    Hi banana man yes they get a bit droopy in the summer some days, I just get the hose on them at night for a few mins and that revives them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Banana Man
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Keving

Cordyline Propagation

My Cordyline Purpurea self-seeded all over the garden, yours may do the same but sow some to make sure. I grow up to about fifty a year at work in spring and germinate in about 3/4 weeks...
    My Cordyline Purpurea self-seeded all over the garden, yours may do the same but sow some to make sure. I grow up to about fifty a year at work in spring and germinate in about 3/4 weeks depending on temperature usually around 22c.
    My Cordyline Purpurea self-seeded all over the garden, yours may do the same but sow some to make sure. I grow up to about fifty a year at work in spring and germinate in about 3/4 weeks depending on temperature usually around 22c.
    My Cordyline Purpurea self-seeded all over the garden, yours may do the same but sow some to make sure. I grow up to about fifty a year at work in spring and germinate in about 3/4 weeks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. daz and debs

banana growers

Ok thanks guys ill leave it then.Thanx again..daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. daz and debs

banana food

One a week.Ok cool thanks.The reason i ask is cos im new to gardening so dont really know a lot. Unless you ask ya dont know lol.cherrs mate
    One a week.Ok cool thanks.The reason i ask is cos im new to gardening so dont really know a lot. Unless you ask ya dont know lol.cherrs mate
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Keving

I want a banana plant

Thanks all for advise, musa basjoo it is then. Fancy, nice plant and i will try the web site suggested.
    Thanks all for advise, musa basjoo it is then. Fancy, nice plant and i will try the web site suggested.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. daz and debs

banana problem

Hi guys thank you for the feed back.Right here goes.I planted it in the ground about mmmmm late march it looked ok it was on about the third leaf indoors.planted it out it slowed down so i fed it...
    Hi guys thank you for the feed back.Right here goes.I planted it in the ground about mmmmm late march it looked ok it was on about the third leaf indoors.planted it out it slowed down so i fed it watered down chick poo. [dustbin full of water and a couple of pints of chicken pellets]Started...
    Hi guys thank you for the feed back.Right here goes.I planted it in the ground about mmmmm late march it looked ok it was on about the third leaf indoors.planted it out it slowed down so i fed it watered down chick poo. [dustbin full of water and...
    Hi guys thank you for the feed back.Right here goes.I planted it in the ground about mmmmm late march it looked ok it was on about the third leaf indoors.planted it out it slowed down so i fed it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Madahhlia

Spooky Tropical Tuber

And finally:http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z168/Madahlia/IMAG1079.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Keving

Whats wrong with my Banana plant

Its not that warm here in the winter Fancy. Last winter was pretty mild, I think in most parts of the UK, but the year before was frosty.I tend to think that as long as the frost is...
    Its not that warm here in the winter Fancy. Last winter was pretty mild, I think in most parts of the UK, but the year before was frosty.I tend to think that as long as the frost is intermittant and the plant can thaw out each day then they usually are alright. Continuous frost is the big...
    Its not that warm here in the winter Fancy. Last winter was pretty mild, I think in most parts of the UK, but the year before was frosty.I tend to think that as long as the frost is intermittant and the plant can thaw out each day then they...
    Its not that warm here in the winter Fancy. Last winter was pretty mild, I think in most parts of the UK, but the year before was frosty.I tend to think that as long as the frost is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. blue

Banana Plant

That's the sad thing about Bananas, you nurture them for ages, they flower and then die!!! But the baby ones growing around the base usually take over.Our local newspaper did a huge spread on...
    That's the sad thing about Bananas, you nurture them for ages, they flower and then die!!! But the baby ones growing around the base usually take over.Our local newspaper did a huge spread on a lady recently whose outside Banana flowered - caused quite a stir !!!!
    That's the sad thing about Bananas, you nurture them for ages, they flower and then die!!! But the baby ones growing around the base usually take over.Our local newspaper did a huge spread on a lady recently whose outside Banana flowered -...
    That's the sad thing about Bananas, you nurture them for ages, they flower and then die!!! But the baby ones growing around the base usually take over.Our local newspaper did a huge spread on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Tropical Oasis

My Tropical oasis

Live North west (Cheshire) close to Dee estuary and Mersey estuary if thats how you spell it, just click on my profile. :D Also south facing and have 10ft conifers on left side of garden so I...
    Live North west (Cheshire) close to Dee estuary and Mersey estuary if thats how you spell it, just click on my profile. :D Also south facing and have 10ft conifers on left side of garden so I have my own little micro climate.
    Live North west (Cheshire) close to Dee estuary and Mersey estuary if thats how you spell it, just click on my profile. :D Also south facing and have 10ft conifers on left side of garden so I have my own little micro climate.
    Live North west (Cheshire) close to Dee estuary and Mersey estuary if thats how you spell it, just click on my profile. :D Also south facing and have 10ft conifers on left side of garden so I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Cannas

Here's my latest Canna, a lovely rose colour ...I think that was supposed to be Cannas and not Callas in the posting above! :rolleyes:
    Here's my latest Canna, a lovely rose colour ...I think that was supposed to be Cannas and not Callas in the posting above! :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tropical Oasis

My Tropical Oasis update

T Oasis .... I will give you as many Stags Horn Sumoch as you want
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Helofadigger

Tropical help

Hi TO which of them are down to �£10? Chammies or the Trachies? And what size are they? �£10 for a C. humilis in a pot is quite a lot. I assume the trachies are fortunei? If they have started...
    Hi TO which of them are down to �£10? Chammies or the Trachies? And what size are they? �£10 for a C. humilis in a pot is quite a lot. I assume the trachies are fortunei? If they have started to trunk then it is VERY cheap. Or if they are anything other than fortunei then as long as they are...
    Hi TO which of them are down to �£10? Chammies or the Trachies? And what size are they? �£10 for a C. humilis in a pot is quite a lot. I assume the trachies are fortunei? If they have started to trunk then it is VERY cheap. Or if they are...
    Hi TO which of them are down to �£10? Chammies or the Trachies? And what size are they? �£10 for a C. humilis in a pot is quite a lot. I assume the trachies are fortunei? If they have started...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice