1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. sneyom

tropical troubles

Mombasagardener, I was just thinking of Mombasa when I started to read this thread. I'd love ot have a go at growing a frangipani from seed so will have to see if some seeds jump into my case when...
    Mombasagardener, I was just thinking of Mombasa when I started to read this thread. I'd love ot have a go at growing a frangipani from seed so will have to see if some seeds jump into my case when I am next on my travels. In Msa, we used to get the pale cream one, the very dark pink/red ons...
    Mombasagardener, I was just thinking of Mombasa when I started to read this thread. I'd love ot have a go at growing a frangipani from seed so will have to see if some seeds jump into my case when I am next on my travels. In Msa, we used to get...
    Mombasagardener, I was just thinking of Mombasa when I started to read this thread. I'd love ot have a go at growing a frangipani from seed so will have to see if some seeds jump into my case when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. freeman3030

Tropical themed garden

Lots of plants will help with the feel, not all are totally hardy, and many will depend on your exact location - where about are you?Trachycarpus, cordylines, butia, treeferns can all be...
    Lots of plants will help with the feel, not all are totally hardy, and many will depend on your exact location - where about are you?Trachycarpus, cordylines, butia, treeferns can all be considered for instance, but it really depends on your location and winter temperatures.Have a look...
    Lots of plants will help with the feel, not all are totally hardy, and many will depend on your exact location - where about are you?Trachycarpus, cordylines, butia, treeferns can all be considered for instance, but it really depends on your...
    Lots of plants will help with the feel, not all are totally hardy, and many will depend on your exact location - where about are you?Trachycarpus, cordylines, butia, treeferns can all be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. joolz68

Tropical theme ideas plz gang

Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have...
    Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have a lot of stock online last time i looked.
    Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have a lot of stock online last time i looked.
    Thanks salamander,its in the greenhouse now as im not sure on its hardiness or age so il keep it safe for now til i find some info on it:) bought it from The lost world nursery thou they didnt have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. GreenOliveTree

Tropical Seeds

Shipping seedsI can mail seeds to the UK, Europe or to the USA. I think that packages in the US go through the US customs now. If a phytosanitary certificate is needed then that can be provided...
    Shipping seedsI can mail seeds to the UK, Europe or to the USA. I think that packages in the US go through the US customs now. If a phytosanitary certificate is needed then that can be provided as well.Kirk
    Shipping seedsI can mail seeds to the UK, Europe or to the USA. I think that packages in the US go through the US customs now. If a phytosanitary certificate is needed then that can be provided as well.Kirk
    Shipping seedsI can mail seeds to the UK, Europe or to the USA. I think that packages in the US go through the US customs now. If a phytosanitary certificate is needed then that can be provided...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. weedaway

Tropical Propagation

:scratch:I guess its too late to take them back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Melinda
    Like x 3

Tropical plants in situ!

Lol! Now the food I probably couldn't do....but the rope bridge....I would LOVE that!!! :D
    Lol! Now the food I probably couldn't do....but the rope bridge....I would LOVE that!!! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. FANCY

TROPICAL PLANTS

THANKS FOR THE E.MAIL WEBMASTER i THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA.fancy :eek: :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. sal73

Tropical pips

few updates galangalthai marantapapayachayoteginger
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sirius
    Like x 5

Tropical Palms & Other

Polypodium polypodioidesA really nice epiphytic fern.I saw quite a few clumps that looked dead. But did a bit of reading, and apparently, with a bit of rain, they will revive.
    Polypodium polypodioidesA really nice epiphytic fern.I saw quite a few clumps that looked dead. But did a bit of reading, and apparently, with a bit of rain, they will revive.
    IMG_6031.JPG IMG_6300.JPG IMG_6188.JPG IMG_6315.JPG IMG_6122.JPG IMG_6028.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sal73
    Like x 4

Tropical Nursery Bargains in Bedford

Added :-
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. gardenlearner

tropical looking garden

Fatsia Japonica, easy, frost hardy, slowish growing, and covers a lot of ground.
    Fatsia Japonica, easy, frost hardy, slowish growing, and covers a lot of ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Helofadigger

Tropical help

Hi TO which of them are down to �£10? Chammies or the Trachies? And what size are they? �£10 for a C. humilis in a pot is quite a lot. I assume the trachies are fortunei? If they have started...
    Hi TO which of them are down to �£10? Chammies or the Trachies? And what size are they? �£10 for a C. humilis in a pot is quite a lot. I assume the trachies are fortunei? If they have started to trunk then it is VERY cheap. Or if they are anything other than fortunei then as long as they are...
    Hi TO which of them are down to �£10? Chammies or the Trachies? And what size are they? �£10 for a C. humilis in a pot is quite a lot. I assume the trachies are fortunei? If they have started to trunk then it is VERY cheap. Or if they are...
    Hi TO which of them are down to �£10? Chammies or the Trachies? And what size are they? �£10 for a C. humilis in a pot is quite a lot. I assume the trachies are fortunei? If they have started...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sal73

tropical hardy fern.

We have quite a lot of hardy ground ferns in the garden. They do add to the tropical look and you dont have to worry the same as with tree ferns.Tree ferns can take quite bad winters, but not...
    We have quite a lot of hardy ground ferns in the garden. They do add to the tropical look and you dont have to worry the same as with tree ferns.Tree ferns can take quite bad winters, but not all will survive, if you do get some Sal then keep dicksonias in a sheltered spot and protect them in...
    We have quite a lot of hardy ground ferns in the garden. They do add to the tropical look and you dont have to worry the same as with tree ferns.Tree ferns can take quite bad winters, but not all will survive, if you do get some Sal then keep...
    We have quite a lot of hardy ground ferns in the garden. They do add to the tropical look and you dont have to worry the same as with tree ferns.Tree ferns can take quite bad winters, but not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sal73

Tropical ground cover

Maybe a form of Oxalis (not the rampant kind), or some ground cover type of Lysimachia such as L. lysii? Lysimachia plants are generally fairly hardy but not sure if they are evergreen.
    Maybe a form of Oxalis (not the rampant kind), or some ground cover type of Lysimachia such as L. lysii? Lysimachia plants are generally fairly hardy but not sure if they are evergreen.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ian Taylor
    Like x 5

Tropical Garden so far

I've planted a Clematis otophora, its a species clematis, comes from western and central China, with bright yellow flowers.
    I've planted a Clematis otophora, its a species clematis, comes from western and central China, with bright yellow flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Butterfly6

Tropical garden Novice

Daylilys look quite tropical and so do Crocosmias and both are fully hardy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73

Tropical Costco

Don't be soft Kristen, she prolly has a conservatory..........:dancy::heehee: Wow!!! I hope mine has some of that size.
    Don't be soft Kristen, she prolly has a conservatory..........:dancy::heehee: Wow!!! I hope mine has some of that size.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. andrews
    Like x 3

Tropical Border Project

Well the med. type planting theme has taken a bit of a beating with the spring bulbs coming up. Mainly daffs with some tulips.Part of me wanted to take them out but the other part of me says...
    Well the med. type planting theme has taken a bit of a beating with the spring bulbs coming up. Mainly daffs with some tulips.Part of me wanted to take them out but the other part of me says leave them in. It doesn't need to be med. all year round and the bulbs are great to see after a...
    Well the med. type planting theme has taken a bit of a beating with the spring bulbs coming up. Mainly daffs with some tulips.Part of me wanted to take them out but the other part of me says leave them in. It doesn't need to be med. all year...
    Well the med. type planting theme has taken a bit of a beating with the spring bulbs coming up. Mainly daffs with some tulips.Part of me wanted to take them out but the other part of me says...
    CE896A77-54B4-42B3-A48B-F9879E5C3FCA.jpeg IMG_4016.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. stephenprudence
    Like x 7

Tropical border (again)

Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come...
    Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come back. I think I did read that they are annual/short lived perennials somewhere. Victoria - have...
    Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come back. I think I did read that they are...
    Stephen - I bought some small Celosia recently thinking they were annuals - but I love the colour and shape anyway. But I will keep them inside overwinter at a min of 10C and just see if they come...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sage and onion

Tropical beds - garden project

That's my plan to stock up and pot on now til April and them hopefully have quite a few plants. Have been offered a pineapple plant/tree not sure what it looks like or if it will go with my...
    That's my plan to stock up and pot on now til April and them hopefully have quite a few plants. Have been offered a pineapple plant/tree not sure what it looks like or if it will go with my planting. I will be after advice alot as I live quite coastal and it gets a bit windy so am a bit worried...
    That's my plan to stock up and pot on now til April and them hopefully have quite a few plants. Have been offered a pineapple plant/tree not sure what it looks like or if it will go with my planting. I will be after advice alot as I live quite...
    That's my plan to stock up and pot on now til April and them hopefully have quite a few plants. Have been offered a pineapple plant/tree not sure what it looks like or if it will go with my...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice