1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. daz and debs

its gone bananas lol

Thanks for finding that Walnut.Its interesting, wether it would work here or not is the question. I dont think I could store them under my house, but maybe a shed would be as good. I do think...
    Thanks for finding that Walnut.Its interesting, wether it would work here or not is the question. I dont think I could store them under my house, but maybe a shed would be as good. I do think the secret of overwintering is in avoiding rot, I know many are really tender and stand no chance,...
    Thanks for finding that Walnut.Its interesting, wether it would work here or not is the question. I dont think I could store them under my house, but maybe a shed would be as good. I do think the secret of overwintering is in avoiding rot, I...
    Thanks for finding that Walnut.Its interesting, wether it would work here or not is the question. I dont think I could store them under my house, but maybe a shed would be as good. I do think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. dalbuie

Red Abysinnian Banana.

Thanks for the tips folks, I will keep it in the pot it is in just now and IF it survives I will put it into a bigger one in the spring. Fingers crossed !!
    Thanks for the tips folks, I will keep it in the pot it is in just now and IF it survives I will put it into a bigger one in the spring. Fingers crossed !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. pete

Cordyline

Thanks Pete for your advice I'ave got a birthday coming up soon I'm 21 again so maybe I'll get lucky! :D
    Thanks Pete for your advice I'ave got a birthday coming up soon I'm 21 again so maybe I'll get lucky! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Keving

Cordyline Seeds

Thanks TO, then thats what i shall try.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Keving

Canna seed pods?

Know how you feel Kev. I got some seed last year, narry a one germinated, even with my miracle propagator. I think I'll try again using Roders method (plus the strategic use of a lump hammer). ...
    Know how you feel Kev. I got some seed last year, narry a one germinated, even with my miracle propagator. I think I'll try again using Roders method (plus the strategic use of a lump hammer). :D
    Know how you feel Kev. I got some seed last year, narry a one germinated, even with my miracle propagator. I think I'll try again using Roders method (plus the strategic use of a lump hammer). :D
    Know how you feel Kev. I got some seed last year, narry a one germinated, even with my miracle propagator. I think I'll try again using Roders method (plus the strategic use of a lump hammer). ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. intermiplants

cordyline

Hi Ste it seems you have a very maternal Cordy there 10 kids Wow, she seems to be a single mum too..... is she going put in for state benefits? Helen.xxx. :D
    Hi Ste it seems you have a very maternal Cordy there 10 kids Wow, she seems to be a single mum too..... is she going put in for state benefits? Helen.xxx. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Banana Man

Banana Man in Winter Garden SHOCKER !!!

Originally posted by BM:Not in this neck of the woods mate.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Banana Man

Banana Man's Christmas Hideout...

Sorry Sandra love to keep you waitingJohn no Bob's not from Yorkshire he's a 'Green man' from over the border in Nottinghamshire although he doesn't rob from the rich to give to poor he...
    Sorry Sandra love to keep you waitingJohn no Bob's not from Yorkshire he's a 'Green man' from over the border in Nottinghamshire although he doesn't rob from the rich to give to poor he keeps it for himself!I'm a 'Yellow belly' from Lincolnshire and I lived in the same village as Sir...
    Sorry Sandra love to keep you waitingJohn no Bob's not from Yorkshire he's a 'Green man' from over the border in Nottinghamshire although he doesn't rob from the rich to give to poor he keeps it for himself!I'm a 'Yellow belly' from...
    Sorry Sandra love to keep you waitingJohn no Bob's not from Yorkshire he's a 'Green man' from over the border in Nottinghamshire although he doesn't rob from the rich to give to poor he...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Banana Man

Banana Man's Hideout Jan 2008

Looking good B M be careful with that over exposure this weather :eek:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Victoria

FAO ... pete ....

Evening, pete. It's hit and miss frost hardy, down to zone 9. Apparently it's made it's way to the UK now and is naturalising in the southwest but doesn't bloom as profusely as here. :DYes,...
    Evening, pete. It's hit and miss frost hardy, down to zone 9. Apparently it's made it's way to the UK now and is naturalising in the southwest but doesn't bloom as profusely as here. :DYes, I've got tiny new growth on my flame trees also.
    Evening, pete. It's hit and miss frost hardy, down to zone 9. Apparently it's made it's way to the UK now and is naturalising in the southwest but doesn't bloom as profusely as here. :DYes, I've got tiny new growth on my flame trees also.
    Evening, pete. It's hit and miss frost hardy, down to zone 9. Apparently it's made it's way to the UK now and is naturalising in the southwest but doesn't bloom as profusely as here. :DYes,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. gardenlearner

hardy tropical plants

Stink aside, they are wonderful plants! The leaves do need some support though.There are several different varieties or you could try arisaemas which also look quite weird! This year I am trying...
    Stink aside, they are wonderful plants! The leaves do need some support though.There are several different varieties or you could try arisaemas which also look quite weird! This year I am trying colocasia esculenta or elephant ears plant. They do love heat and moisture so I am going to plant...
    Stink aside, they are wonderful plants! The leaves do need some support though.There are several different varieties or you could try arisaemas which also look quite weird! This year I am trying colocasia esculenta or elephant ears plant. They...
    Stink aside, they are wonderful plants! The leaves do need some support though.There are several different varieties or you could try arisaemas which also look quite weird! This year I am trying...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Banana Man

Banana Man's April Hideout....

Banana man do skunk cabbage spread?I'm thinking of planting it the other side of the stream.All the best mate...daz
    Banana man do skunk cabbage spread?I'm thinking of planting it the other side of the stream.All the best mate...daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Banana Man

Banana Man's May Hide-out....

What a grey day ! :( Must be time to get the camera out and spend an hour on an update :D
    What a grey day ! :( Must be time to get the camera out and spend an hour on an update :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Freddy

Canna`s

carolla 1 my canna lily is 3 years old but apart from when i first had it only leaves appear which look healthy. please help
    carolla 1 my canna lily is 3 years old but apart from when i first had it only leaves appear which look healthy. please help
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Tropical_Gaz

My garden

Theres plenty of tropical and tropical looking plants that can be just left out, I do try to only have plants that can stay out...... but there is always that 'special' plant!!!
    Theres plenty of tropical and tropical looking plants that can be just left out, I do try to only have plants that can stay out...... but there is always that 'special' plant!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Aesculus

Guess the canna?

Looks like Durban. If you are planning on getting one be careful to get one free from virus - dont touch any of the B+Q ones as they were in a real state.
    Looks like Durban. If you are planning on getting one be careful to get one free from virus - dont touch any of the B+Q ones as they were in a real state.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. flowerpotty

canna plants

I don`t know Dee, I think you may be edging it.:thumb::D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. emilyhart

suggestions for planning tropical garden?

Nice list of plants Emily. In my opinion though you dont create a tropical looking garden and then try to tone it down.:)Just go for it.:)
    Nice list of plants Emily. In my opinion though you dont create a tropical looking garden and then try to tone it down.:)Just go for it.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. seeker of knowledge

My Canna Forest

Thank you folks for all your different answers to my problem...I think I will try leaving a few out which are in a sheltered part of the garden.. the rest will have to be packed like sardines in...
    Thank you folks for all your different answers to my problem...I think I will try leaving a few out which are in a sheltered part of the garden.. the rest will have to be packed like sardines in my conservatory...
    Thank you folks for all your different answers to my problem...I think I will try leaving a few out which are in a sheltered part of the garden.. the rest will have to be packed like sardines in my conservatory...
    Thank you folks for all your different answers to my problem...I think I will try leaving a few out which are in a sheltered part of the garden.. the rest will have to be packed like sardines in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. FANCY

Banana tree

You can`t do anymore than that, Dee. Best of luck.:thumb::D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice