Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. sal73

Tropical Bamboo

:) Hi there Sal Now some of your postings make sense .. I repeat SOME ... :heehee: I will respond to your PM shortly. Tchau
    :) Hi there Sal Now some of your postings make sense .. I repeat SOME ... :heehee: I will respond to your PM shortly. Tchau
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sezelene

Tropical Back Garden

Very well done Sezelene and no annoying grass too which of course gives you loads more time to enjoy your jungle! Yippee!:D Hel.xxx.
    Very well done Sezelene and no annoying grass too which of course gives you loads more time to enjoy your jungle! Yippee!:D Hel.xxx.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Nash

Tropical ??

Bostin :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. KyreCookie

Tropical (?) health advice

Thank you both
    Thank you both
    Thank you both
    Thank you both
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pete
    Like x 9

tropical spuds

Thanks Steve - actually I do remember that thread - I must have been thinking of that. :heehee: As I said not being a veg grower I was only half concentrating. I found the discussion you mentioned under...
    Thanks Steve - actually I do remember that thread - I must have been thinking of that. :heehee: As I said not being a veg grower I was only half concentrating. I found the discussion you mentioned under the subject "1 tonne of potatoes ?". I read a good part but will have to come back to read the...
    Thanks Steve - actually I do remember that thread - I must have been thinking of that. :heehee: As I said not being a veg grower I was only half concentrating. I found the discussion you mentioned under the subject "1 tonne of potatoes ?". I read a...
    Thanks Steve - actually I do remember that thread - I must have been thinking of that. :heehee: As I said not being a veg grower I was only half concentrating. I found the discussion you mentioned under...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. miraflores

tropical

If it is a rubber plant then I wouldn't leave it in water, they hate soggy compost and the roots will rot. What's the drainage like?They also need to be out of draughts, with plenty of sun - but...
    If it is a rubber plant then I wouldn't leave it in water, they hate soggy compost and the roots will rot. What's the drainage like?They also need to be out of draughts, with plenty of sun - but not direct, at this time of year I doubt thats the problem. Don't feed it until you can establish...
    If it is a rubber plant then I wouldn't leave it in water, they hate soggy compost and the roots will rot. What's the drainage like?They also need to be out of draughts, with plenty of sun - but not direct, at this time of year I doubt thats...
    If it is a rubber plant then I wouldn't leave it in water, they hate soggy compost and the roots will rot. What's the drainage like?They also need to be out of draughts, with plenty of sun - but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Madahhlia

Tropaeolum Speciosum

Far better than I ever got!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. longk

Tricyrtis lasiocarpa from seed

I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to...
    I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to go about germinating them? I've grown Tricyrtis in the past and have always needed to give them a...
    I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to go about germinating them? I've grown Tricyrtis...
    I have been sent some seeds for Tricyrtis lasiocarpa and have two questions;1 - are these viable seeds? They look a little small to me............. and2 - what is the correct way to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. thered

Tree fern help is it dead?

Steel rots, so not too sure as to the implications of that on a Tree Fern, but it can be bad for the human body (especially the blood stream).Quite possible that they have taken their toll...
    Steel rots, so not too sure as to the implications of that on a Tree Fern, but it can be bad for the human body (especially the blood stream).Quite possible that they have taken their toll on it to the extent that the struggle to survive was just too much this year.
    Steel rots, so not too sure as to the implications of that on a Tree Fern, but it can be bad for the human body (especially the blood stream).Quite possible that they have taken their toll on it to the extent that the struggle to survive...
    Steel rots, so not too sure as to the implications of that on a Tree Fern, but it can be bad for the human body (especially the blood stream).Quite possible that they have taken their toll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. BenBaron
    Like x 6

Tree fern delivery

First class Ben. I am envious. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. kazzie_SE

Tree Fern

It went down to around minus 15 degrees C there last winter, but they all seem to have survived OK, although I have noticed (when comparing the pics) that those that weren't protected last winter...
    It went down to around minus 15 degrees C there last winter, but they all seem to have survived OK, although I have noticed (when comparing the pics) that those that weren't protected last winter also don't seem any leaves on this autumn. Must check those out next summer. Sorry Scrunge, don`t...
    It went down to around minus 15 degrees C there last winter, but they all seem to have survived OK, although I have noticed (when comparing the pics) that those that weren't protected last winter also don't seem any leaves on this autumn. Must...
    It went down to around minus 15 degrees C there last winter, but they all seem to have survived OK, although I have noticed (when comparing the pics) that those that weren't protected last winter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Antonig

Transplanting my Buerre's

It seems to me that conventional wisdom is to "stamp" the soil down when they are replanted so they are firmly anchored. I am on heavy clay, so this may not be relevant to others, but it seems to...
    It seems to me that conventional wisdom is to "stamp" the soil down when they are replanted so they are firmly anchored. I am on heavy clay, so this may not be relevant to others, but it seems to me that the plants that I have planted "loose", with no "stamping" - not even any "treading down" -...
    It seems to me that conventional wisdom is to "stamp" the soil down when they are replanted so they are firmly anchored. I am on heavy clay, so this may not be relevant to others, but it seems to me that the plants that I have planted "loose",...
    It seems to me that conventional wisdom is to "stamp" the soil down when they are replanted so they are firmly anchored. I am on heavy clay, so this may not be relevant to others, but it seems to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. PeterS
    Like x 3

Trailing plants

Thanks Anthony - I don't know that one.Strongy, I have had a Columnea and Aeschynanthus, but I killed both of them (actually I still have one sick Aeschynanthus just hanging on. I suspect that...
    Thanks Anthony - I don't know that one.Strongy, I have had a Columnea and Aeschynanthus, but I killed both of them (actually I still have one sick Aeschynanthus just hanging on. I suspect that I have been overwatering things over winter.I try not to water too much, but I recently read a...
    Thanks Anthony - I don't know that one.Strongy, I have had a Columnea and Aeschynanthus, but I killed both of them (actually I still have one sick Aeschynanthus just hanging on. I suspect that I have been overwatering things over winter.I...
    Thanks Anthony - I don't know that one.Strongy, I have had a Columnea and Aeschynanthus, but I killed both of them (actually I still have one sick Aeschynanthus just hanging on. I suspect that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sal73

Tradescantia Pallida variegata

Is this the one Sal? Photo taken today of plant in the office, Jenny
    Billbergia nutans.jpg Tradascanthia 001.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. koalabear

Trachycarpus Fortunei - moving

Fab! I will definitely be giving this a go this summer... and will keep you updated : )
    Fab! I will definitely be giving this a go this summer... and will keep you updated : )
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sirius
    Like x 7

Trachycarpus

It looks a lot smaller than in the pot. Hopefully it won't take too long to get going.
    It looks a lot smaller than in the pot. Hopefully it won't take too long to get going.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Purple Streaks

Trachycarpus

That small and I reckon it's become an ex trachy. I won't use the word dead, as i can't see it. If you require a very small seedling to replace it, let me know. These things are popping up below...
    That small and I reckon it's become an ex trachy. I won't use the word dead, as i can't see it. If you require a very small seedling to replace it, let me know. These things are popping up below one of my flowering ones
    That small and I reckon it's become an ex trachy. I won't use the word dead, as i can't see it. If you require a very small seedling to replace it, let me know. These things are popping up below one of my flowering ones
    That small and I reckon it's become an ex trachy. I won't use the word dead, as i can't see it. If you require a very small seedling to replace it, let me know. These things are popping up below...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. HarryS
    Like x 6

Totally Tropical February !

Thanks Julie, glad you liked the photos!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. al n
    Like x 8

Took delivery of my jungle!!

Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from...
    Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from now when I come to do my front garden! :blue thumb:
    Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from now when I come to do my front garden! :blue thumb:
    Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kristen

Too late to sow Cannas from seed?

They started germinating a couple of days ago :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice