1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. sal73

Tropical Bamboo

:) Hi there Sal Now some of your postings make sense .. I repeat SOME ... :heehee: I will respond to your PM shortly. Tchau
    :) Hi there Sal Now some of your postings make sense .. I repeat SOME ... :heehee: I will respond to your PM shortly. Tchau
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. DUBMAN2011

plumeria seeds

Cool :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk
    Like x 4

Bomarea

As does patience. I've found another one germinated this evening.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jared lecouteur

easy to grow?

Zantedeschia aethiopica. Various colour forms (the standard white, pale pink, pale green) and some forms get bigger than others.
    Zantedeschia aethiopica. Various colour forms (the standard white, pale pink, pale green) and some forms get bigger than others.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sal73

Silverhill seeds

I thought that I would add this site to this thread. Very good source of info that can be used to find out more about your choices if they're listed.
    I thought that I would add this site to this thread. Very good source of info that can be used to find out more about your choices if they're listed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Wayne
    Like x 6

Alan's Brugmansia Hurstwood Elinor

It is so pretty. I guess those are the species that I only get to enjoy watching from far, far away. It is too hot here. Thanks for sharing.
    It is so pretty. I guess those are the species that I only get to enjoy watching from far, far away. It is too hot here. Thanks for sharing.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. koalabear

Trachycarpus Fortunei - moving

Fab! I will definitely be giving this a go this summer... and will keep you updated : )
    Fab! I will definitely be giving this a go this summer... and will keep you updated : )
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JWK

Cannas 2022

I'll be digging up the ones in the ground and potting up to over winter. There's one that's just bloomed that I have no idea what it is!
    I'll be digging up the ones in the ground and potting up to over winter. There's one that's just bloomed that I have no idea what it is!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sal73

Strelitzia from roots

Chuck the centre one - it's surviving on the nutrients that it has stored. It's quite possible that the same applies to the other two as well, but they do at least have enough material to make it...
    Chuck the centre one - it's surviving on the nutrients that it has stored. It's quite possible that the same applies to the other two as well, but they do at least have enough material to make it worth investigating.
    Chuck the centre one - it's surviving on the nutrients that it has stored. It's quite possible that the same applies to the other two as well, but they do at least have enough material to make it worth investigating.
    Chuck the centre one - it's surviving on the nutrients that it has stored. It's quite possible that the same applies to the other two as well, but they do at least have enough material to make it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. longk

Sollya heterophylla

Spruce - minus ten was probably pushing the limits a little for a Western Australian native! The white one came from Burncoose - they incorrectly sent the blue form at first, but replaced it...
    Spruce - minus ten was probably pushing the limits a little for a Western Australian native! The white one came from Burncoose - they incorrectly sent the blue form at first, but replaced it without any fuss at all and told me to keep the wrong one too, which is why I have two of the blue form....
    Spruce - minus ten was probably pushing the limits a little for a Western Australian native! The white one came from Burncoose - they incorrectly sent the blue form at first, but replaced it without any fuss at all and told me to keep the wrong...
    Spruce - minus ten was probably pushing the limits a little for a Western Australian native! The white one came from Burncoose - they incorrectly sent the blue form at first, but replaced it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. pete
    Like x 5

Cycas revoluta

The fact that it is colder and frostier here than Weymouth means I have to rethink the hardiness of what I plant now. If I am to get -8/9cs, again some plants are definitely out. The less plants I...
    The fact that it is colder and frostier here than Weymouth means I have to rethink the hardiness of what I plant now. If I am to get -8/9cs, again some plants are definitely out. The less plants I have to dig up and overwinter the better. I've lost two Cycas now so I won't risk them again, much...
    The fact that it is colder and frostier here than Weymouth means I have to rethink the hardiness of what I plant now. If I am to get -8/9cs, again some plants are definitely out. The less plants I have to dig up and overwinter the better. I've...
    The fact that it is colder and frostier here than Weymouth means I have to rethink the hardiness of what I plant now. If I am to get -8/9cs, again some plants are definitely out. The less plants I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sal73

Lapageria

I've just found buds on mine!! :hapfeet::hapydancsmil::yahoo::yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sunset

Growing Musa Bananarama in South London?

I have a musa basjoo, and it came from a good friend of mine, in New Jersey, and he insists that i can grow them here, in Canada:thumb:....although i will obviously have to bring it in for the...
    I have a musa basjoo, and it came from a good friend of mine, in New Jersey, and he insists that i can grow them here, in Canada:thumb:....although i will obviously have to bring it in for the winter.:gnthb: Good luck with it, and keep us posted.
    I have a musa basjoo, and it came from a good friend of mine, in New Jersey, and he insists that i can grow them here, in Canada:thumb:....although i will obviously have to bring it in for the winter.:gnthb: Good luck with it, and keep us posted.
    I have a musa basjoo, and it came from a good friend of mine, in New Jersey, and he insists that i can grow them here, in Canada:thumb:....although i will obviously have to bring it in for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Blackthorn

Lotus Berthelotii

Forget the GC's - find the smaller nurseries! These tend to be the places that have good deals on Fuchsia too..........:dbgrtmb::dbgrtmb:
    Forget the GC's - find the smaller nurseries! These tend to be the places that have good deals on Fuchsia too..........:dbgrtmb::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Richard360

Colocasia Gigateae Elepant Ear Alocasia.

:thumbsup: ta Longk , I think more to come as well :love30: I will take another photo September Lets hope I get it through another winter , wont be much space left in the greenhouse though :snork:
    :thumbsup: ta Longk , I think more to come as well :love30: I will take another photo September Lets hope I get it through another winter , wont be much space left in the greenhouse though :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. joolz68

T-Rex(tetrapanax papyrifer) advise please

It may try to grow somewhat, but in a 3L pot it won't do much (the leaves might be pretty big, for the greenhouse, but it will be fine ... once it gets outside it will be a different animal :) If...
    It may try to grow somewhat, but in a 3L pot it won't do much (the leaves might be pretty big, for the greenhouse, but it will be fine ... once it gets outside it will be a different animal :) If the leaves are too big, in the greenhouse, then just chop them off - bit drastic, but its the...
    It may try to grow somewhat, but in a 3L pot it won't do much (the leaves might be pretty big, for the greenhouse, but it will be fine ... once it gets outside it will be a different animal :) If the leaves are too big, in the greenhouse, then...
    It may try to grow somewhat, but in a 3L pot it won't do much (the leaves might be pretty big, for the greenhouse, but it will be fine ... once it gets outside it will be a different animal :) If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Bob

Canna

I don`t think its that one simply because its not very well along yet so must flower later, It is still in the same pot as last year and came through the winter o.k. :thmb:So if I do make...
    I don`t think its that one simply because its not very well along yet so must flower later, It is still in the same pot as last year and came through the winter o.k. :thmb:So if I do make some sort of bog garden area, I think I would try and bury them in pots so I can lift them in the...
    I don`t think its that one simply because its not very well along yet so must flower later, It is still in the same pot as last year and came through the winter o.k. :thmb:So if I do make some sort of bog garden area, I think I would try and...
    I don`t think its that one simply because its not very well along yet so must flower later, It is still in the same pot as last year and came through the winter o.k. :thmb:So if I do make...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. technic123

Foxtail palm

Seen that link before on other palm forums, I bought from him. Care: Cold Tolerance: To 30 degrees Growth Rate: Moderate To Fast Height: To 22' Light Req: High Soil Req: ...
    Seen that link before on other palm forums, I bought from him. Care: Cold Tolerance: To 30 degrees Growth Rate: Moderate To Fast Height: To 22' Light Req: High Soil Req: Well Draining Feeding Req: Heavy Water Reg: Moderate
    Seen that link before on other palm forums, I bought from him. Care: Cold Tolerance: To 30 degrees Growth Rate: Moderate To Fast Height: To 22' Light Req: High Soil Req: Well Draining Feeding Req: Heavy Water Reg: ...
    Seen that link before on other palm forums, I bought from him. Care: Cold Tolerance: To 30 degrees Growth Rate: Moderate To Fast Height: To 22' Light Req: High Soil Req: ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. sal73

Dracaena draco

that was 2 weeks ago , last week they had orchids and brugmansia for £5 . there are tropical plants everywhere :yawn:
    that was 2 weeks ago , last week they had orchids and brugmansia for £5 . there are tropical plants everywhere :yawn:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. HYDROGEN86

Bonsai podocarpus macrophyllus

:ThankYou: Hydro & Nick, it is a lovely little tree & will get a photo in a while.. I used to have a Redwwod Burl growing that I brought home from California, but it has taken a real turn for the worst at...
    :ThankYou: Hydro & Nick, it is a lovely little tree & will get a photo in a while.. I used to have a Redwwod Burl growing that I brought home from California, but it has taken a real turn for the worst at present but will see if I have an old photo I should do somewhere.. :SUNsmile: I shall look forward to a...
    :ThankYou: Hydro & Nick, it is a lovely little tree & will get a photo in a while.. I used to have a Redwwod Burl growing that I brought home from California, but it has taken a real turn for the worst at present but will see if I have an old photo I...
    :ThankYou: Hydro & Nick, it is a lovely little tree & will get a photo in a while.. I used to have a Redwwod Burl growing that I brought home from California, but it has taken a real turn for the worst at...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice