Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Redwing
    Like x 17

We're Making a Wildlife Pond

My pond is a bit smaller(well quite a lot)...........
    IMG_6168resize.JPG IMG_6182resize.JPG IMG_6207resize.JPG resize.JPG IMG_6232resize.JPG IMG_6235resize.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fat Controller

Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!

Lovely pond image! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SparklyPurple

Bog garden and pond advice please

Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 5

“Baby, it’s cold outside!”

A young frog just wanting a little warmth!I had a little surprise when I went to let the dog out for her last loo-break before bed last night.... a frog was trying to get inside!!We wandered...
    A young frog just wanting a little warmth!I had a little surprise when I went to let the dog out for her last loo-break before bed last night.... a frog was trying to get inside!!We wandered up to the pond, torch in hand, during the loo-break. Lots of disturbance, and disappearing limbs into...
    A young frog just wanting a little warmth!I had a little surprise when I went to let the dog out for her last loo-break before bed last night.... a frog was trying to get inside!!We wandered up to the pond, torch in hand, during the...
    A young frog just wanting a little warmth!I had a little surprise when I went to let the dog out for her last loo-break before bed last night.... a frog was trying to get inside!!We wandered...
    74065295-7FC3-4450-9E90-DB4289DFE821.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. RYDALL

Zantedeschia in ponds

It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site...
    It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site hybrid. :D
    It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site hybrid. :D
    It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sirius

Zantedeschia - White Giant

So I bought myself a small plant of this in the spring. Been growing it in a pot next to my pond.Anyone else have one? Are they as hardy as the standard forms?
    So I bought myself a small plant of this in the spring. Been growing it in a pot next to my pond.Anyone else have one? Are they as hardy as the standard forms?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. LindsayH

Your advice on a new pond please.

hi, would one of those solar powered pump thingys work in a wee pond? Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Folly Mon

Wot Do I Have to Do Now with my Pond Plants??

I have just cut back the dead foliage FM but i dont know what im doing with all my plants in the pond either,you can get serious brain ache googling all the info! :heehee: My fish pond(prob 2ft deep) has...
    I have just cut back the dead foliage FM but i dont know what im doing with all my plants in the pond either,you can get serious brain ache googling all the info! :heehee: My fish pond(prob 2ft deep) has not got shelves big enough for crates like armandii's cos its a plastic one :) and my wild life...
    I have just cut back the dead foliage FM but i dont know what im doing with all my plants in the pond either,you can get serious brain ache googling all the info! :heehee: My fish pond(prob 2ft deep) has not got shelves big enough for crates like...
    I have just cut back the dead foliage FM but i dont know what im doing with all my plants in the pond either,you can get serious brain ache googling all the info! :heehee: My fish pond(prob 2ft deep) has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl
    Like x 10

Woos Pond in an old raised bed

Nice to see who i'm speaking to Woo ....raised beds or not your garden still looks smashing
    Nice to see who i'm speaking to Woo ....raised beds or not your garden still looks smashing
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl
    Like x 7

Woos Pond

Good afternoon @goosegog5555 and thank you for your kind comments
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Woos Pond

The Pond
    The Pond
    The Pond
    The Pond
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wiseowl
    Like x 8

Woos new pond

I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up...
    I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up i will replace it with this type.
    I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up i will replace it with this type.
    I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up...
    P1290748.JPG P1290749.JPG P1290755.JPG P1290756.JPG Capture.PNG P1290756.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. wiseowl
    Like x 10

Woos new Pond

:phew: Glad you didn't fall in there, woo! :phew: Thank you very much for wading in and getting that measurement for me. (:ideaIPB: so, an iris which could be grown in a bucket then!) :)
    :phew: Glad you didn't fall in there, woo! :phew: Thank you very much for wading in and getting that measurement for me. (:ideaIPB: so, an iris which could be grown in a bucket then!) :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gizmo

wooden raised fish pond

I have a preformed pond and used rocks at one end to create a rocky ramp for anyone who falls in to clamber out. There are small gaps between the rocks that could create sheltering spots for any...
    I have a preformed pond and used rocks at one end to create a rocky ramp for anyone who falls in to clamber out. There are small gaps between the rocks that could create sheltering spots for any pond inhabitants who wish to use them. Can't comment on pumps as don't have one.
    I have a preformed pond and used rocks at one end to create a rocky ramp for anyone who falls in to clamber out. There are small gaps between the rocks that could create sheltering spots for any pond inhabitants who wish to use them. Can't...
    I have a preformed pond and used rocks at one end to create a rocky ramp for anyone who falls in to clamber out. There are small gaps between the rocks that could create sheltering spots for any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. stacym

Wildlife Pond questions!

Yeah, I'm not going to let my cat lick me face for a while. She obviously hadn't kissed it as it didn't look at all pleased!!:snork:
    Yeah, I'm not going to let my cat lick me face for a while. She obviously hadn't kissed it as it didn't look at all pleased!!:snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. James from UK

Wildlife Pond Help

Yeh, garden hose clears it 90%. Beasties crawl out when its dumped at the side then into the compost bin,sorted.
    Yeh, garden hose clears it 90%. Beasties crawl out when its dumped at the side then into the compost bin,sorted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Little Miss Road Rage

Wildlife Pond

Believe it or not ducks are the worst thing for a domestic wild lfe pond. They "dump" every where and with their feet going at ten to the dozen they can soon stir up a shallow pond.Been to a...
    Believe it or not ducks are the worst thing for a domestic wild lfe pond. They "dump" every where and with their feet going at ten to the dozen they can soon stir up a shallow pond.Been to a nice garden centre earlier this year, they sell duck food so you can feed the ducks, (they will take it...
    Believe it or not ducks are the worst thing for a domestic wild lfe pond. They "dump" every where and with their feet going at ten to the dozen they can soon stir up a shallow pond.Been to a nice garden centre earlier this year, they sell duck...
    Believe it or not ducks are the worst thing for a domestic wild lfe pond. They "dump" every where and with their feet going at ten to the dozen they can soon stir up a shallow pond.Been to a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Selleri

Why is my pond water milky?

You could always vacillate or temporise instead. So you could spend a little extra time trying to decide between all of them :thumbsup:
    You could always vacillate or temporise instead. So you could spend a little extra time trying to decide between all of them :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. watergarden

why buy a water feature?

Not a lot you can say to that, Dave :rolleyes: :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. luciusmaximus

White Worm in Pond

You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end...
    You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end of april/may ...never heard nothing like it :whistle:He doesn't know yet but his will be on the roof...
    You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end of april/may ...never heard nothing like it :whistle:He...
    You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. lizk

Whisky barrel wildlife pond

as for the stinky whisky barrel...i left some water and pond plants in it thinking I would maybe use it next year when it's less stinky...but the water has gone rather slimy.....
    as for the stinky whisky barrel...i left some water and pond plants in it thinking I would maybe use it next year when it's less stinky...but the water has gone rather slimy.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. marjoriesseedling

Which pond plants for shade please?

Sorry i don't know, which you do want, but you don't want Lilies, they do not like moving water (you mentioned fountain)I would also suggest that unless you are having fish, in which case it...
    Sorry i don't know, which you do want, but you don't want Lilies, they do not like moving water (you mentioned fountain)I would also suggest that unless you are having fish, in which case it will need filtration too, you need not have a fountain, and then you can have lilies, and lots of them.
    Sorry i don't know, which you do want, but you don't want Lilies, they do not like moving water (you mentioned fountain)I would also suggest that unless you are having fish, in which case it will need filtration too, you need not have a...
    Sorry i don't know, which you do want, but you don't want Lilies, they do not like moving water (you mentioned fountain)I would also suggest that unless you are having fish, in which case it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. mowgley

Which floating plant

mowgley I have noticed a lack of blanket weed in recent weeks, but, a plethora of tadpoles! I may be wrong, but I think taddies feed on blanket weed (amongst other things, such as mosquito...
    mowgley I have noticed a lack of blanket weed in recent weeks, but, a plethora of tadpoles! I may be wrong, but I think taddies feed on blanket weed (amongst other things, such as mosquito larvae) ? :dunno: In which case, my taddies have a veritable glut going on (should I warn the taddies G.P....
    mowgley I have noticed a lack of blanket weed in recent weeks, but, a plethora of tadpoles! I may be wrong, but I think taddies feed on blanket weed (amongst other things, such as mosquito larvae) ? :dunno: In which case, my taddies have a veritable...
    mowgley I have noticed a lack of blanket weed in recent weeks, but, a plethora of tadpoles! I may be wrong, but I think taddies feed on blanket weed (amongst other things, such as mosquito...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice