107 days to christmas..

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by wildflower, Sep 9, 2006.

1. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well its official only 107 days to go !!.I am one of the sad people that are siting here looking for christmas images as i am trying to make my own xmas cards..and i came accross a site that was having a countdown,...Well i have allready started xmas shopping i have bought my grandson a insect house a magnifying glass and a net as he has a morbid interest in snails he calls them all sid..anyone else xmas shopping yet ?

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Is that all it is Wildflower?I thought it was longer than that.Only got one prezzie at the moment for Mr Kandy.It is a book of Lakeland Walks so I hope he likes it.

Went to Tesco's this morning,and they are already filling the shelves with tins of sweets and biscuits,and they have got all the novelty items on display that go on top of the cakes.

Mr Kandy said that one of the card shops in the town where he works has a whole rack from front to back filled with Xmas Cards.

You are like one of my sisters.She makes her own Xmas,Birthday,etc cards and saves a fortune on not having to buy them.She also does painting. pottery,knitting,sowing,needlecraft etc.I just wouldn't have the time or patience to sit there for long enough to do it.
    I am more than happy to be pottering out in the garden or greenhouse

Kandy [​IMG]

3. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think its going to be cheap kandyfloss as the ink for the printer certainly isnt cheap and i go through loads of it..i have just ruined one card the xmas tree has printed upside down.grrrrrrrrr..I am thinking now of drawing an image and then painting it...i can cover my disasters in glitter..what a nightmare..I suppose the shops are out for all they can get..last night because i had mentioned xmas more than once my dog went and fetched his santa out it sings jingle bells..so he kept making it sing all night..he knows the word xmas..he is living in hope..

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I forgot Wildflower,that you can do so much with computers these days.My sister cannot work one so she goes to the art's and craft shop.and buys everything,and then sits and hand makes them.It must take her months,but at least it is keeping her hands and mind active.

Our dog has a sqeeky cracker,but now she is in decline,isn't interested,she just wants to sleep all day.

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

just bought this from the avon got it in their sale, cute isnt he

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    iff you look closely theres me and hubby on our wedding day and kandy look i was blonde then 7 years ago

7. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    rosa thats nice my dog would soon have that..and he is crafty as if he is told he cant have some thing he will have it even if it takes a month to get it.. [​IMG]

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Very nice Rosa.Were you a natural Blonde?Some of my close friends are dying their hair Blonde to be like me...strange.One of my neices has beatiful Auburn coloured hair,and has dyed it blonde,because she said her hair was orange.No way.Naturally Auburn,such a shame

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I was a natural blonde then as i got a bit older it seemes to get a bitter darker like a mousey shade so i dyed it then when the roots started shown darker decided to darken it

10. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    As a mum of 3 young kids who only went back to school this week, I respectfully request you to QUIT THE BL**DY CHRISTMAS STUFF :eek: :eek: [​IMG] Are you trying to give me a cardiac?!!! I've only just bought their school shoes - I aint ready to even think about Xmas for at least another month :eek: And then I will screech to a halt outside Argos, buy the lot,stick it in the car and drive home. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Think I need a lie down and a large drinkipoos!!
    I'm having palpitations!! :D :D

11. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    I don't want to think about christmas either Windy,lets enjoy the sunny weather & the garden while we can.

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa.I was told that my hair was black when I was born,then aged three it was white,then it turned Golden,with the darker colour underneath,which has now come through.

My hairdresser told me that women paid a fortune to have my golden colour.

Had it highlighted last year,but the hairdresser did it with a piece of plastic across my head, and then stabbed holes in it with a pointed metal comb.Talk about a sore head.She then put the stuff on and cleared off to do someone else's hair,as she was mobile.suppossed to come back afetr 40 minutes,but I had to ring her up after 55 minutes panicking.She said the stuff wasn't acctivating anymore so nothing to worry about.
    I thought no one would notice,but they did.Got fed up in the end with people asking about it.
    My one and only time Of ever having it done.
    My old hairdresser told me not to bother having it coloured as my hair grew so fast,the colour would grow out,and I would be wasting my money.
    So I shall just have to be a little grey haired old lady.
    I wonder what colour Shiney's hair was in his younger days.

End Of Sermon

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    windy , with no disrespect iff you are not interested in discussing xmas why log into this post and air your views in this way, I love xmas and it is coming along pretty quickly . please dont spoil others enjoyment of the upcoming event.
    i have been in your shoes with 3 kids now i have 6 and 2 grandchildren and believe me i know what its like, but dont care even iff i had to get in to debt for them i will and have over the years.
    please dont stress been in your shoes many times.
    I cant wait for XMAS love it, love decorating my home and making family happy with all the xmas goodies :confused: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Well said Rosa.I think that people should read the subject title before diving in and making comments.We were only answering a comment made by Wildflower,about how she is trying to get started on the Xmas cards.

Rosa.If you've got any kids spare,can you send a couple my way,I would love to be able to spoil them.
    If we had been lucky enough to have had children,then we probably would be starting early in getting everything ready,as there is such a lot to do in the build up and rush,now where did I put that tree...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all,
    With respect ladies, only putting my point of view on the subject title '107 days to Xmas' as I believe you were too. To me Xmas is in fact a whole heap of stress and hard work. the only good bit is watching the kids little faces when they open their prezzies. [​IMG]