19p seeds!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,
    The guys over at the allotment are always saying about how they get 5 packets of seeds from Netto for £1, so while Bob and I were on our travels yesterday we called in Netto to see if the seeds were in and yes you have guessed it they were all priced at 19p each!:gnthb:

Okay the range is not great and you maybe don't get as many seeds as you would do in 'branded' seeds but at 19p per packet who can grumble?

Needless to say although we have already one of those little old fashion hard cased, child sized suitcase fit to burst full of seed packets Bob just had to get even more seeds! I thought okay you get all the vegatable seeds you want and I'll get myself some flower seeds.

I think we ended up with 40+ packets of seeds because of course Bob brought multi packets which I'm pretty sure he will pass on to his buddies.Hel.xxx.

2. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Well Done Hel and Bob, Even I haven't seen them that cheap.. :)

3. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,925
    :) Good stuff Helen................
    The seeds should be OK,I am reliably informed they are supplied by Mr Fothergill............
    Keep it under your hat :wink:.