1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

1st Tomato's of 2008

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Kandy, May 24, 2008.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thought I would show you all the first of our toms for 2008.This plant was one of two that I chucked into a bucket last year because after a few months they still were only two inches high.Well they carried on growing so by the Autumn I took pity on them and potted them up. They were in a heated greenhouse all winter.

I eventually potted the best one up into a large pot and gave it some staging all to it's self.Here are a couple of photo's of the results so Mr K will be having his first tom any day now....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Very nice Kandy just goes to show one should never give up on the underdog, well done I'm sure Mr.K. will enjoy the fruits of your labours!;) Hel.xxx.

3. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Well done Kandy they look yummy

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thankyou both for your kind words:) I had better pick that one soon before the slugs smell it out and nosh it:D

I think the variety is Gardeners Delight but it was so long ago since I sowed them I am

not sure.:rolleyes:I also left my Mergoles Runner Bean stalks in the ground last year and
    some of them have really good roots on them.I dug three up and potted them on in the greenhouse and one of them has about six inches of growth on it so I am well chuffed.Will have to put it out soon though before it gets too long:thumb:

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Lol Kandy those slugs will eat almost anything.

Regarding your tomato plant I'm also growing Gardener's Delight although it's no where near as good growth as my other outdoor toms like Tumbling Tom Red I had thought seeing how both of them are outdoor plants they would grow as fast as one another as they were both sown at the same time. Hel.xxx.