1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

2 types of jasmine & boston red ivy

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Folly Mon, May 19, 2012.

1. Folly Mon

Folly Mon GC Official Counselor

starting new busniss in new year
    Ratings:
    +2,409
    bought a summer flowering jas & a winter flowering jas and interwined them with boston red ivy

i was & am a little disapointed the summer 1 i bought was suposed to be 3ft when planted its more like a foot n half 2ft max and me self confessed am wot impatient :loll: thats why i orderd a 3ft :mad:

O Well HOPE IT GROWS QUICK QUICK :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

a couple of pics planted it in front of folly

took some advice and orderd some sweet pea to grow up it for this year to try and make an impact and look pretty whilst i WAIT For the others to grow :WINK1: 008.JPG 009.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
      I think some suppliers, being cheeky monkeys that they are, measure from the bottom of the pot to the top of the plant, whereas I guess most of us would measure from soil to the tip of the plant. That's one of the ways they get away with overstating the height.

Doesn't matter though. Give the Jaz a good feed of chicken poo pellets when you plant it and it will be away in no time. But be warned, it will focus on reaching for the sky long before it thinks about filling out.

• Like Like x 2
      • Folly Mon

Ratings:
        +2,409
        Thank you I've spaced them out a bit more now and orderd some sweet pea to grow up the folly for now to add a bit of. Colour & foliage for this year Allowing the Jas & Ivey to take root and Grow in to place :blue thumb:

• Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
        Ratings:
        +31,182
        Good morning Nick,
        I'm having a sweet pea passion this year - all sorts. Hanging basket, trellis,up the back of the garage wall and a wigwam job. Phew! All that watering and dead heading....
        An evening task with a glass of something probably. Hoping to have little posies to give to the old 'uns (loads of 'em) where we live. Hope all is well with you and the bloomin' missus today,
        Jenny

• Like Like x 1
        • Folly Mon

Ratings:
          +2,409
          Don't forget some photos please sounds lovely you have Been busy :WINK1:
          Hope you and your OH Well and and everything well your end
          Planted 6 sweet pea plugs today I had a few lovely cactus given me the week end just reading up how to care for them :cool:

• Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
          Ratings:
          +31,182
          All is well here Nick. He's been out on his Triumph Sprint so he's a happy bunny. We off to a special needs nursery to buy some geraniums and bits for window boxes today. Its called "Friary Gardeners" and it's a very happy place. Some info on the internet if you want to have a peep. Have a good day too,
          Jenny