1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduced 20% Off Chillington wheelbarrows and puncture proof wheels at Wickes

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Scrungee, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    A wheelbarrow with 2 wheels (one spare) is now actually cheaper than a barrow with only one wheel!

£23.99 for Chillington Camden Classic Black Wheelbarrow 85L | Wickes.co.uk

£19.99 for Haemmerlin Pneumatic Puncture Free Wheelbarrow Wheel PFW/400 | Wickes.co.uk (fits Chillington/Haemmerlin barrows)

A total of £43.98 for both a wheel barrow with a pneumatic tyre wheel + a puncture proof wheel, which seems like a good buy considering that barrow supplied with the just puncture proof wheel fitted is £54.99 Chillington Camden Classic Puncture Free Wheelbarrow 85L | Wickes.co.uk so for £11.01 less you get an extra pneumatic tyre wheel that would cost £24.99 extra Chillington Pneumatic Wheelbarrow Wheel PW-350 | Wickes.co.uk a total saving of £36.00/45%.

P.S. Yes, it's only a black painted barrow and not a galvanised one, but although my Father's galvanised barrow lasted about 45 years, my last painted Wickes barrow lasted 25 years and that should be long enough for me.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
      Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,057
      This is very opportune, I need another wheelbarrow for my allotment so I placed a Click & Collect after checking they had some in stock, they had four.

When I went to collect at lunchtime their stock control system was up the spout , the four they had were all fitted with the puncture proof tyre - they didn't have any others.

So they let me have this more expensive £54 one for the same price £23.99! Great result - thanks @Scrungee !

WP_20170317_001.jpg

WP_20170317_002.jpg

• Like Like x 2
      • Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        @JWK Are you sure the barrow you've bought hasn't been wrongly labelled?

The red wheeled ones (front) are pneumatic, and the yellow ones (rear) are solid (no valve) have diamond tread and puncture proof. I've already swopped the red pneumatic one for the yellow solid tyre wheel because I'm cutting down some trees amongst brambles, wild roses and blackthorn and I'm barrowing the logs out.

Zoom in on the wheel Chillington Camden Classic Puncture Free Wheelbarrow 85L | Wickes.co.uk

You may have got what you paid for, but there might be some very dissatisfied customers at you local Wickes if they're paying an extra £31 in the belief it's got a puncture proof wheel when it's a wrongly labelled standard one.

wickes wheels.JPG

• Informative Informative x 1
          Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
        • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +118,350
          Ah, but he has got the extra yellow handgrips that come with the more expensive one. :dbgrtmb: :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

I think you can check on the type of tyre by whether it has a valve. :scratch:

• Funny Funny x 1
          • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
            +46,057
            Yes mine has a valve :) So I've not managed to out-scrunge you.

Yes! At least I can show off my yellow handles.

They must have swapped the wheel in-store. I can't complain as I've still got a good bargain :blue thumb:

• Agree Agree x 1
            • Scrungee

Ratings:
              +28,997
              The solid wheel for £19.99 would still be a good addition, but only if you need it. The path to my plot runs alongside a long length of hawthorn hedge that's cut every year, and even if I sweep it with a broom afterwards I still get punctures, rendering my barrow useless by the time I get there. It only takes a couple of minutes to swop them over so I might leave a pneumatic wheel and a couple of spanners in a shed for when the ground's soft.

P.S. I prefer the 'Red Barrow'

red barrow.JPG

• Like Like x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
                Last edited: Mar 18, 2017