Reduced 50% off most gardening stuff at Tesco Direct

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Scrungee, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,996
    EDIT: Also 50% off instore, but a more limited range and can't get extra money off by using codes.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/garden-outdoor-living-sale.event?sortBy=1&icid=garden_main_slot1 Worth having a look around for other reduced items that may not listed in the sale link.

Free click and collect from your local store.

Try Code TDXR-PYRT to get £15 off £75 shop or TDX-KYNK to get £10 off first shop at Tesco Direct (if you already have account simply create a new one) of £50 or more.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • AmandaB

AmandaB Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +1
      Thanks for posting got a new BBQ - just need some nice weather now :-)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
        "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
        Ratings:
        +4,445
        Have ordered a couple of the Flymo refills half price, click and collect, just bought 2 from Amazon £12 odd, so these will be spares, ;), hope the thing don`t break now :heehee:, couple of other things I liked, I have a £4 off £30 spend, can`t use online so will pick those in shop while there.

• "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        Thank you, Scrungee :thumbsup:

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,996
        I bought some more stuff:

2 x pack mousetrap (£3.50 @ Wilko) and used in greenhouses & polytunnels to stop the pesky varmits digging out pots and seed trays http://www.tesco.com/direct/big-cheese-multi-mouse-traps-2-pk/709-9542.prd?skuId=709-9542&pageLevel=

Another pair of secateurs that I've been happily using since last time they were half price http://www.tesco.com/direct/dobbies...cateur/667-3993.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=667-3993

A pointy trowel that will dig transplanting sized holes in heavy clay http://www.tesco.com/direct/dobbies...lanter/210-0994.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=210-0994

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,996
        This might be about to get a whole lot cheaper. There's a rumour (supposed to have been confirmed with Tesco online chat today) that everything at Tesco Direct will be included in a new Boost (AKA Double Up) promotion starting this coming Monday 21st.

If this information is correct, it would mean £5 in Clubcard Vouchers could be doubled up to £10 and be used online at Tesco Direct to buy gardening stuff that's already been reduced by 50%.

Obviously also can be used on TVs, kitchen appliances, clothing, prescription spectacles, cameras, computers, etc.

It's supposed to last until 8th August, which would mean that the latest issue of points (they've been zeroised today) should reach your online acounts in time to double them up.

Now what shall I buy with my points? (& Mrs Scrungee's got a few as well). We don't have many at the moment as we bought lots of stuff using other boosts, but we've still got a few left, plus more on the way.

Fingers crossed this is correct. Hope all the Sale reductions stay after it starts.

tesco clubcard vouchers summaries.jpg

• pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +4,445
        I have had an email confirming double up starts Monday

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,996
        Does it confirm it's on everything? (not received emails for any of our accounts yet).

• pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +4,445
      • Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,996
      • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +4,445
        If you read through to the bottom, someone contacted Tesco and had it confirmed.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,996
        I mentioned that in post #6 above, but other people have had different answers.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,996
        The rumours were true and and Clubcard vouchers can be boosted/doubled up at Tesco Direct. I'm not exactly kicker my self for buying some stuff before this started as 2 of the 3 gardening items I bought have now sold out.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/clubcard-boost/

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,996
        , It's worth keeping an eye on that list of gardening items as many have being going down to 75% off and if doubling up clubcard vouchers to pay for them you'd be getting them at (full clubcard voucher value) 87.5% off! But they sell out quick.

Examples (now sold out I'm afraid, but it's advisable not broadcast Tesco mega bargains until you get a dispatch notice as they've been known to sell stuff to people ordering after you and cancel your order)

£200 gas BBQ reduced to £50 so £25 in CC vouchers http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-4...burner/344-1428.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=344-1428

Dobbies SS spade reduced to £3.75 so £1.88 in CC vouchers (these were £16 in Dobbies GC last week) http://www.tesco.com/direct/dobbies...kuId=210-0100&pageLevel=sku&_requestid=988405

CI Chimnea reduced from £50 to £12.50 so £6.25 in CC vouchers (seemed to be over £50 in most GCs) http://www.tesco.com/direct/la-haci...imenea/209-0988.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=209-0988 (seems light enough to take camping or beach overnighters but haven't assembled it yet and may need to upgrade some bolts so they can be removed easily rather than burnt up).

We got £290's worth of mainly non-gardening stuff for my CC points with a £20 code, then renewed our RAC membership with £80 of CC vouchers leaving £30 so doubled it up, used the £15 off £75 code and got another £300's worth of 75% off garden/gardening stuff from another account got a . And we've still got all our vouchers from a 3rd, plus this month's mailing on the way.

What with the above, getting loads of Wilkos bargains plus £150's worth of fruit & veg from Morrisons for buying 30 copies of the Sun for £12, it's been rather a good month, and there's still the half price fish (don't eat meat) @ Morrisons with Sun vouchers on Thursday 31st.

• Like Like x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1