1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

6 Tomato plants £3.35 delivered @ T&M

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by WeeTam, Mar 25, 2018.

1. WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,089
    • Like Like x 1
    • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
      "1 tomato collection (6 plug plants)"

"Despatch: by end of May 2018"

tandm plugs.JPG

If T&M's plug diagram is to scale and at it's maximum size (90mm overall), then the cells of those plugs are approx 36mm deep and the plants are only 54mm/2" high above soil level.

If their diagram is showing them at the 50mm minimum overall size, the cells would be approx. 20mm high and the plants only 30mm/1.2" high above soil level.

No wonder packs of them are described as being able to fit through a letter box!

The end of May sounds rather late for plug plants, and I want my cordon toms to be 225mm/9" to 300mm/12" high by then for planting out.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +5,089
        I get what your saying . I Havent bought from t&m for years and as my toms are up and running i wont be buying either.

But having said that i still think 6 varieties delivered for 3 quid to a new gardener seems a good deal to me. 50p a plant onto the windowsill and youll get your toms by end july. Great for a new grower who cant be bothered/hasnt got time/or cant face the buying of 6 different packets of seeds,sowing etc

• Like Like x 1