1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduced 75% off some tools, hardware and sundries at Tesco

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Scrungee, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Various stuff with 75% off, saw this in 2 stores, the ones that interested me were:

Steel 5m tape measures 25p (cheap enough to have a few left at the plot).

Pliers 50p

9 x 32mm plastic coated cup hooks 25p. I use extended replacement bolts to construct polytunnel frames so I can attach timber battens internally along all the horizontals, then fit cuphooks/eyes to these for fixing ends of vertical bamboo cane supports.

P.S. Various (all?) non-food 'Value' branded products are being phased out and reintroduced with different branding, some stores have paltry reductions, but others are reducing with yellow stickers, got a year's supply (about 10 packs) of 100 'Value' freezer bags at 12p per pack yesterday. Value toothbrushes was another one, 7p for a 2 pack, ideal for cleaning stuff other than teeth, 'J Cloths' 75% off, pedal bin liners 50% off, etc.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,997
      Wood and metal files now 25p each.

Whilst I was there yesterday they put out over 200 more rolls of 100 freezer bags all 75% off @ 12p each, ideal for short term freezing blackberries, etc. before using for winemaking.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,997
      Missed all the 75% off rolls of swing bin liners, just a single torn bag and a loose yellow sticker left on the shelves, but found £1.75 Frogtape painters masking tape (£4.99 at Screwfix) and tub of ready mixed filler (£3 at B&Q) and some 75% off dishwasher salt (we're still using our haul of 10p B&M bottles of lemon juice as rinse aid substitute).

Also found these tags at 5p each (somebody had been playing supermarket scrabble!) they'll be added to the 34p Glade scented candles in the birthday/Xmas presents box ...

tags.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        Doesn't seem to be any of the reduced tools & hardwares about now, they appear to have been clearing it out to change their range of products. My last 'hardwares' bargains were 750ml bottles of turps substitute reduced from £2 (expensive) to 50p (bargain).

• Linz

Linz Total Gardener

Prosperous Peasant
        Ratings:
        +6,224
        My Tesco is shyte for reductions compared to yours.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        Today I found 95% off Xmas table place cards, but as there's never more than the 3 of us for Xmas dinner, they would have been a waste of money, but it helps to demonstrate that old stock is becoming available at huge discounts.

The wood/metal files that were 25p each are now back on display at £1.50 each.

Also found crockery reduced by 95% this morning, at 13p each that's cheaper than tat from a charity shop

tesco 95 crockery.JPG

• Like Like x 1
          Last edited: Mar 21, 2017