1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

A plant and a large shrub for ID

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by BastLoki, May 25, 2013.

1. BastLoki

BastLoki Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Alright, the first plant I'd like toknow what it is a large plant with blueish, succulent-type leaves and taller clouds of pink flowers in the late summer/autumn -
    [​IMG]

The second is a very big shrub/tree that starts flowering in early spring through to summer. Clusters of pink buds with small white flowers and shiny blue-black teardrop shaped berries that the birds sometimes eat, and dull dark green foliage with lighter undersides.

[​IMG]

It would be a great help if you could identify these for me since the garden has recently passed from my mum's hands to my own and neither of us are sure what these are. The first was a cutting given to us by a neighbour who has since moved away and the other has been in the garden since before we had the house (although it was less than a fifth of the size then XD) Thankyou very much!

((Hope the image upload works okay and sorry for any poor grammar or typoes today. I've been working my butt off all week and I'm very tired ^^;;;))

2. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Sedum & Viburnum?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      I'd agree with that Scrungee, Sedum; much loved by butterflies and Viburnum tinus :)

• Agree Agree x 1