A REQUEST FROM A MEMBER

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ARMANDII, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,834
    We have a request from a member who is having treatment for Cancer and who wishes to converse via pm with a member who has had Cancer or is having treatment for it. I think we all know that when a person falls ill with a serious condition they can feel totally alone even though they are surrounded and supported by friends and family. So, possibly, a member, or members, might feel that they are able to see the benefits of talking to another person in the same situation.
    Let me point out that Gardeners Corner is not a Pen Pal Club, but I think we are a Family of mostly like minded people. It is also a known fact that members of the GC Gang do regularly exchange pm's with each other and through those pm's have become firm friends even though they may never have met each other.
    We also give advice, support, and friendship to each other which is the essence of what makes GC great and the Admin Team proud to be a part of it.
    However, I think it must be pointed out that the member does not want pm's out of pity but out of a wish to exchange thoughts and feelings about what experiences they are going, and have gone through in their situation. So anyone who wishes to converse with the member should realise that what is needed is not a brief exchange of pm's but possibly a sustained support of each other in the spirit of friendship, honesty, and the benefit of themselves gaining support and an ability to express their thoughts about their situation.
    So should anyone who has had, or has, Cancer and has, or is receiving, treatment for the condition, feel that they would like to contact the member and exchange thoughts and feelings via pm then they should contact me, in confidence, and I will pass on that information to the member. This is not a usual thing for the Admin Team to deal with but possibly the strength of character needed by the member to contact us with the request is why this thread is on the Open Forum."

• Friendly Friendly x 12
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.