1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

A strange thought whilst weeding = compost food

Discussion in 'Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling' started by Sian in Belgium, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +9,233
    I've just spend a relaxed 20 mins in the shade of the house, weeding out a trug-full of what I would call "harmless" weeds. Very pleasant, as I see what naturally grows well in this recently changed environment (since the neighbour's conifers came down, much more light...). At the end,of course, I am rewarded with a trug full of weeds to add to the compost. A sort of "harvest" of compost food.

Am I alone in thinking like this? Do I need help? (Ok, I know the answer to that one!!)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      It's all a way of storing the energy from the sun :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        No and yes :heehee:

Quite a few years back, I had some left over cooked vegetables which needed to be thrown away. Couldn't bear the thought! So, I blitzed them in the food processor, added the days cooking water to thin it down and then ... poured it into my watering cans :redface: :whistle: (Didn't have a compost bin back then). I just called it vegetable tea :heehee:

• Like Like x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
          +46,151

• Funny Funny x 1