1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Acacia Baileyana

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by strongylodon, Sep 10, 2006.

1. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,403
    Does anyone else have an acacia that buds up this early to flower after christmas. It started at the end of july and are now quite well formed. Unfortunately it means it is open to autumn and winter weather particularly strong gales which strip the buds giving a much less impressive display.
    [​IMG]

2. jazid

jazid Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yup, I've got one in a clients garden, it's well covered. If the display is anything like this years I will be sooo pleased. Maybe winter will be kind

3. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,403
    hi, Jazid, they are spectacular in flower as you know but mine does lose a lot of buds as it is windier here than in London, I noticed that when I first moved down to the hampshire coast from London about 1980 and now the dorset coast.
    Mine is in a large pot so it's life will be limited.

4. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,629
    My pravissima is in full bud already as well strongy, it always is at this time of the year.
    Dont think I'd get away with baileyana though. [​IMG]