1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Acer sick.

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Eltel, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Eltel

Eltel Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone identify this issue with my Acer. Also any suggestions as to what to do about it please.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
      +12,322
      Hi

That looks like droplets of water have been left on the leaf in the full sun and its acted like a magnifying glass.... Is the plant in full sun ? also is the acer still only a young plant

It will be fine ....

Spruce

• Eltel

Eltel Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +1
      Sorry not got back before wasn't sure how to navigate the pages. Thanks for the reply yes the tree is in the sun for at least half a day and is about 7 years of age maybe a little older.
      Your answer does make sense as we get a lot of rain here in Yorkshire

• Janet mahay

Janet mahay Gardener

Ratings:
      +611
      My acer looked simular the bark had a smooth white patch it was mainly caused by stress i had to repot it in a bigger container but yours is in the ground so it i my be caused by a slug or animal like rabbit vole or squirrial even how you water it the postion its in anything but if your tree not to damaged in time it will heal itself and after it grows the white patch will be unnoticeable