1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

acidanthera care

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by lynne, Sep 18, 2005.

1. lynne

lynne Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi chaps
    i have 2 terracotta pots of acidanthera corms which have flowered beautifully and are starting to die back.
    I was wondering how to care for the corms over the winter - should i lift them? And if so how and where is best to keep them until the spring?
    thanks!
    lynne
    [​IMG]

2. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    I had some planted in a large cast iron trough I saved from the farm I lived on and it was too big to move so the corms were lifted in the Autumn,cleaned and stored frost free....that was until I forgot them one year,lost the lot :(

3. lynne

lynne Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    does this mean that i could move the pots into the shed and wrap them in fleece etc, rather than lift them?

i hate having to lift corms and bulbs etc, such a blimmin waste of time!

sorry to hear about yours though :(

4. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    lynne,those were the only ones I ever lifted because they were my mums,so not sure.